Med's Done....
October 2009
Passport Req..
November 2009
VISA ISSUED...
April 2013
LANDED..........
November 2013
@ leon.. thanks. i wud tell him what you said.. thanks again.

render

Jul 30, 2010
LEON:

You are the greatest. Best post I ever seen. Accurate and right to the point.

Great steps, links and everything said what one needs to consider throughout the process.

Keep up the good work Leon

Cheers and hugs to Edmonton Alberta

mlabelle277

Jul 26, 2010
New York City
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you! yes indeed this is a great post. Very straightforward and lots of good information. keep it up!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
khuda22 said:
My dilemma now is, if I should file a resignation or not. Medical will expire on Sept 11, 2010 ( date is kinda scary i know ) :D and until now I haven't heard anything if they will require an interview. Correct me if I'm wrong, normally interview date is informed a month ahead. Med expiration is barely six weeks and if they need more information or anything else, should they consider my medical? I am lost, really. Been crying for almost a month, and starting to lose my sanity. This waiting game is heart pounding, and mysterious. Please if someone can give me advise, I don't want to jeopardize my work and burn bridges with my employer. I have seen other cases in the other forum that they got their visa a week before the expiration. I don't want to leave my employer with no options, as I can use it as a reference once i start my career in canada. They will not give me a clearance or certificate of employment if I don't render a 30 day period as part of our SOP. Is it safe to email them about my dilemma? I can't afford to lose my job , I am the breadwinner of my family. My partner support me though, I am just not used of relying or putting a toll on her. She might be earning well, however she also have her own obligations and expenses. I am really sorry for my story telling. I hope I am welcome here :) thank you in advance for taking your time to read this.
You don't need to resign. Once they decide to give you a PR visa, they still take a few weeks or a month to actually get it in your passport. You don't know when the visa officer will be ready to issue a decision - it may be after your medicals expire. You would then probably have to redo them. My point is, you don't know when the visa will be issued, so I wouldn't resign from your job until you do know. Resign when they ask for your passport, giving them 30 days notice, would be my suggestion. Your passport will be back within 3 to 4 weeks, probably, so working for the 30 days won't delay your entry to Canada much, if at all.

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
Here's another generally useful list of factors indicating that a marriage is or is not "genuine". This list or variations of it appears in many recent appeal cases. It might be a good idea to address many of these factors in your initial application before it ever comes to an appeal.

In considering whether a marriage is genuine and whether the “bad faith” section 4 of the Regulations applies to it, the Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) generally considers a number of factors. The same factors are not considered in every appeal. The factors can include, but are not limited to, the:

i) intent of the parties to the marriage;
ii) length of the relationship;
iii) amount of time spent together;
iv) conduct at the time of meeting, engagement and/or wedding;
v) behaviour subsequent to the wedding;
vi) knowledge of each other’s relationship histories;
vii) levels of continuing contact and communication;
viii) provision of financial support;
ix) knowledge of and sharing of responsibility for the care of children brought into the marriage;
x) knowledge of and contact with extended families of the parties, and
xi) knowledge about each other’s daily lives.

SmoothiesQueen

Jun 18, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
Leon you rock so much!

SmoothiesQueen

Jun 18, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
Can you answer these questions in this post? After talking to others..I find my predicament and concerns are shared by others.

1. If do not make enough money, how do you fill out the spousal sponsorship forms where you show your income and promise to support your spouse and dependent children if any?

2. If you live with your spouse in a poorer country and do not make alot of money, how do either of you fill out the forms or show immigration that you can manage when you get to Canada? Can parents or relatives take up the financial responsibility? Do job offers count ? Will this affect dependent children especially if they are step children and have one parent left in the country that is unable to support them?

3. If you live with your hubby....do you still have to show chat logs and emails proving your relationship?

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
SmoothiesQueen said:
1. If do not make enough money, how do you fill out the spousal sponsorship forms where you show your income and promise to support your spouse and dependent children if any?
You need to show your income, but there is no official minimum, and low income is unlikely to be the basis for a refusal, unless you have no future prospects.

2. If you live with your spouse in a poorer country and do not make alot of money, how do either of you fill out the forms or show immigration that you can manage when you get to Canada? Can parents or relatives take up the financial responsibility? Do job offers count ? Will this affect dependent children especially if they are step children and have one parent left in the country that is unable to support them?
Of course job offers count. The important thing is to have future plans. The only fatally bad situation is one where neither you nor your spouse have any plans for how you will earn an income in the future. Of course, wages in Canada for the same job are likely to be higher than in a poorer country.

3. If you live with your hubby....do you still have to show chat logs and emails proving your relationship?
It helps a lot if you live with him but merely living with someone does not prove that you are married to them. They would like the story of how your relationship developed over time. If you met on June 1 and got married on June 2, they will be extremely suspicious. History of a growing romance before the wedding and evidence that it took place are very helpful. If you can prove the sort of things in this list: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html;msg357857#msg357857 that's good too.

SmoothiesQueen

Jun 18, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
Thanks Beshoo..this forum..and help like yours is a Godsend!!! I was so lost..and its slowly coming together. Plus I thought my income would not be enough and panicked!

Raymasood

Aug 2, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my wife is Canadian i live in Pakistan i just want to know what kind of forms i have to complete and what kind of form she has to complete there are so many forms i downloaded
please what for me and what for her

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to this website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp,

Your wife, the sponsor download and complete these forms:
* Application to Sponsor and Undertaking [IMM 1344A] PDF, 346 KB
* Sponsorship Agreement [IMM 1344B] PDF, 39 KB
* Sponsorship Evaluation [IMM 5481] PDF, 110 KB
* Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] PDF, 97 KB
* Sponsor Questionnaire [IMM 5540] PDF, 160 KB
* Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] PDF, 55 KB
* Document Checklist [IMM 5491] PDF, 99 KB
* Medical Condition Statement PDF, 23 KB
* Fees Receipt
You have two options to obtain a fees receipt:
1. Payment of fees on the Internet
If you have Adobe® Acrobat Reader software, a printer, and a Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card, you can pay your fees online.
2. Payment of fees at a financial institution in Canada
If you cannot or do not wish to pay online, you must obtain an original receipt form IMM 5401 in order to pay at a financial institution. Because of this form’s special features, it cannot be downloaded and printed from the website. You may, however, order it and it will be mailed to you.
and yourself (the applicant):
* Application for Permanent Residence [IMM 0008 GENERIC] PDF, 237 KB
* Schedule 1 Background/Declaration [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 1] PDF, 286 KB
* Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] PDF, 134 KB
* Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire [IMM 5490] PDF, 142 KB
* Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] PDF, 55 KB
General Asia (download)
[IMM 3907] PDF, 230 KB

Includes instructions for the following countries:
Bangladesh, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Maldives, Mongolia, Pakistan, South Korea, Sri Lanka and Taiwan

Raymasood

Aug 2, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky,,,

i am really thankful to you and if i got some problem then i will let you know

thanks again from,,

Rayhan Masood

khuda22

Jun 16, 2010
canadianwoman said:
You don't need to resign. Once they decide to give you a PR visa, they still take a few weeks or a month to actually get it in your passport. You don't know when the visa officer will be ready to issue a decision - it may be after your medicals expire. You would then probably have to redo them. My point is, you don't know when the visa will be issued, so I wouldn't resign from your job until you do know. Resign when they ask for your passport, giving them 30 days notice, would be my suggestion. Your passport will be back within 3 to 4 weeks, probably, so working for the 30 days won't delay your entry to Canada much, if at all.
Hi canadianwoman thank you so much for taking your time in giving pieces of advise. My application is being processed here in Manila and they already have my passport for barely 8 months. They would request for your PP once application started processing, and you are left groping in the dark and can't travel anywhere until they return it hopefully with visa on it. However, you have a point not to resign without definite answer from them, it's just that I want to give my employer due respect in the event that my visa will be issued before my med will expire. I am still in a limbo as of yet, waiting and waiting and waiting. I haven't heard anything from them after 2nd batch of proof was submitted on March 11, 2010. Again, thank you for your kind words though. Have a great day!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Oh, I see, so basically you will know you got the visa at the same time they return your passport with the visa in it (or not). Still, I think you should wait until you know you have the visa before resigning from your job. You don't want to be left without work while you wait.

spouse

Nov 13, 2009
We will be interviewed on Nov. 2, 2010... as my husbands work permit expires on Nov 26... It will be 10 months of waiting since we sent our application. will my husband may have to exit Canada? Im thinking of writing the immigration office in BUFF, will it make my situation worse or will it help?