+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

knaeem

Dec 30, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaimaa said:
@ leon, hi, i need help.....i got this letter of declaration from chc isb mentionting that i should sign it and send it back to them confirming that i will have to pass my exams before practising medicine in canada which is all fine but on that declaration there is a section which says witness signature so do i have to get someone to sign there or they will have their own witness i have to send the papers by tomorrow please reply asap....
thank you
You should call CHC for better idea, but normaly witness should be from your side since we have not seen or read the letter.. so i suggest u call CHC before sending it..
cheers

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
shaimaa said:
... there is a section which says witness signature so do i have to get someone to sign there
You should get someone to watch you signing it. What the witness is saying is that they saw you signing it and it was really you who signed it and not someone else, so it need to be someone who knows who you are.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
headcrusher said:
My partner (UK citizen) and I (Canadian) want to apply for the family class sponsorship as soon as we are eligible in a couple of months. We are considering applying in Canada (we are both abroad at the moment) and one thing we are most concerned about are problems we may have arriving in Canada at customs. Is it best to be honest and tell the Immigration officer our plans of applying for permanent residence or do we say my partner is there visiting me and my family for a couple of months? We are quite worried as last time he came to Canada with me the Immigration officer limited his stay to only 2 months. We were just wondering what is the best thing to say at customs? Thanks :)
Say he is coming to Canada to visit you and your family. Not telling them about the future application is not lying. You haven't sent it in yet, so no need to mention it. If the official specifically asks about it, then you could say you are thinking about doing it.

irajmirza

Star Member
Aug 26, 2009
Dear Leon,

I want to send an email to CPC Vegreville to ask for an update regarding my applicatin. would you please provide me the vegreville email address and possibly a good format for this kind of email.

thanks

khuda22

Jun 16, 2010
Hi leon! I went to cic-manila last thursday Aug 11 and inquired personally on the status of our application. They are holding my passport for 8 months now and still haven't heard any concrete answer. Since my dilemma is medical expiration on Sept 11, 2010, that what I mentioned to the girl ( i think frontliner for general inquires) that I have spoken with. She told me that our apps is being reviewed by the case officer, and the timeline for family apps is now 1 yr. The revision took effect July 02, 2010 which in my opinion should not affect me/ Our apps was processed dec 2009, and there were lots of people approved in less than a month or two this year. I know each case is different, but i did ask her if they need anything from me or interview noted on my file. No snailmail, email nor call that I have received from them since January.

Sorry if think it's unfair because of my devastation. Athough she told me that, she will note on our app that i went there personally and my med expiration. I want to ask our MP again last week of aug to contact the cic-manila. Do you think they can put pressure with them? It's too early to say that our MP is not helpful, but i am afraid they might be. What else can we do? Can i follow up every week even thru email just to reiterate them my med expiration? Another thing, if worse comes to worst if decision is not reached after expiration,would it take another 6mos of waiting? I am really2 depressed in this waiting game. I hope you can give me advise on this matter. Thank you in advice!

headcrusher

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadianwoman said:
Say he is coming to Canada to visit you and your family. Not telling them about the future application is not lying. You haven't sent it in yet, so no need to mention it. If the official specifically asks about it, then you could say you are thinking about doing it.
Thanks canadianwoman. I agree, that is probably the best thing to say.

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
hi everybody there
i hope everything is doing good with all of you
well,i think i have a problem,,,as i said before i'm being sponsored by my Canadian wife who is from newfoundland,she sent our application on June,and a few days later she called the post office there at newfoundland to see if Mississauga has received it,then they answered,yes,so,it got received on 18th June,since then,my wife didn't get any letter from them to say that they have the application and they start treating it or something,we just being waiting and waiting,she called them,and that agent told her that he can see the application received,but he doesn't know anything about it,ouhhh,,,so who else knows about it?!!!!it is really strange,well we told each other we should give it more time,till yesterday,we decided to try and check it on line,with the receipt number(IMM5401),we couldn't get anything,it just kept saying,they don't have any file with that information,we tried over and over again,and still nothing.
i'm wondering now,why my wife hasn't gotten any letter from Mississauga,as a confirmation that they received the application,i really don't know what is going on,it's almost 2 months now that it's there and we don't know anything about it
i hope there is something you can tell me and it can help,please guys
mohamed

knaeem

Dec 30, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gladiateur19 said:
hi everybody there
i hope everything is doing good with all of you
well,i think i have a problem,,,as i said before i'm being sponsored by my Canadian wife who is from newfoundland,she sent our application on June,and a few days later she called the post office there at newfoundland to see if Mississauga has received it,then they answered,yes,so,it got received on 18th June,since then,my wife didn't get any letter from them to say that they have the application and they start treating it or something,we just being waiting and waiting,she called them,and that agent told her that he can see the application received,but he doesn't know anything about it,ouhhh,,,so who else knows about it?!!!!it is really strange,well we told each other we should give it more time,till yesterday,we decided to try and check it on line,with the receipt number(IMM5401),we couldn't get anything,it just kept saying,they don't have any file with that information,we tried over and over again,and still nothing.
i'm wondering now,why my wife hasn't gotten any letter from Mississauga,as a confirmation that they received the application,i really don't know what is going on,it's almost 2 months now that it's there and we don't know anything about it
i hope there is something you can tell me and it can help,please guys
mohamed
You should call CIC helpline inorder to know what is going on with your file... it should have done first part within 4 to 5 weeks normaly...

headcrusher

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was wondering if anyone knew whether you can apply outland if the initial inland application is denied?

dadaem

Aug 16, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 8, 2011
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 24, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 17, 2012
LANDED..........
July 31, 2012
Leon said:
Yes, that is absolutely true but as we know, immigration sometimes refuses cases based on bogus reasons. If the PR in question had sponsored his spouse for PR and immigration finds out, possibly when trying to contact him that he has actually been outside Canada for the last few months, they will likely deny his application based on him not residing in Canada. Legally he might still be residing in Canada and of course he can appeal but I'm only saying, maybe you are better off trying to avoid having to appeal. It is safer to make short trips only so that the visa officer will have no doubt that the person is residing in Canada and not leave it up to the visa officers definition of how long you can be away to still be considered a resident.
Hi everyone. Quick question here:

I have been a permanent resident for two years and been working full time since then. I am getting married (been together for 5 years) next year. I am enrolled as a fulltime student this year with a student loan, doing an upgrade for my degree I finished back home. Question is: will I be able to sponsor my spouse if I am a full time student? I visited the website and it says there is an income requirement. I will only be working part time because I will be in school 5 days a week and I am sure, I won't be able to meet the income requirement. Is this a hopeless case or should we wait until I am done with school and get a stable job?

Thinking about the sponsorship process and our situation is so stressful. Advice please! Thank you!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
headcrusher said:
I was wondering if anyone knew whether you can apply outland if the initial inland application is denied?
Yes but you better figure out why the inland was denied and fix it because whatever caused them to deny your inland could also cause them to deny your outland.

dadaem said:
Question is: will I be able to sponsor my spouse if I am a full time student? I visited the website and it says there is an income requirement.
Spouses are exempt from the income requirement.

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
dadaem said:
Hi everyone. Quick question here:

I have been a permanent resident for two years and been working full time since then. I am getting married (been together for 5 years) next year. I am enrolled as a fulltime student this year with a student loan, doing an upgrade for my degree I finished back home. Question is: will I be able to sponsor my spouse if I am a full time student? I visited the website and it says there is an income requirement. I will only be working part time because I will be in school 5 days a week and I am sure, I won't be able to meet the income requirement. Is this a hopeless case or should we wait until I am done with school and get a stable job?

Thinking about the sponsorship process and our situation is so stressful. Advice please! Thank you!
if you are only sponsoring your spouse ,make sure my friend,there is no minimum income requirement,you can go to the sponsorship guide and read it very well,you will find there what i just said,so dont worry,im sure your sponsorship application will be approved,unless you are getting social financial help from the government(welfare)
good luck

Kulilit

Aug 17, 2010
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2010
File Transfer...
10-01-2011
Passport Req..
02-02-2011
Hi! I'm on the process of sponsoring my wife but I don't know if she should use her maiden name or married name when filling up the application? we just got married last year, she's in other country. all her documents has my last name already except for her passport that still has her maiden name. it is hard for her to renew her passport abroad for it will take some time for her name to be changed. I'm just a lil bit confuse regarding this one.

stubaxle

Aug 17, 2010
Hi!

I hope this is the right place to ask, and I'm sure its a question asked a thousand times before I've looked and looked and couldn't find a case exactly like ours.

My Canadian wife is sponsoring me inland, and our application was recieved on the 29th December 2009.

We were expecting to hear by now but the applications being processed on the CIC website seem to have slowed down to a day a week rather than the pretty much day for a day they were doing.

I've tried many times to check my application progress but it gives me nothing, is this normal? At what point should I find out? I see people whose applications went in in October have already had their PR sorted out, not just the first stage approval.

Its driving me pretty mad, some days I just think my application got lost or something!

Any help on this matter would be very much appreciated and would hopefully make me sleep a lot better!

Cheers

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can try phoning them at the call centre to see if they know anything. Currently they are processing November applications for first stage approval, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#perm_res so it seems that they are just taking a bit longer these days. People actually getting their PR with inland in 10 months is rare but it happens. There are also cases that take much much longer.