Interview........
Waived dtd 10/18
Passport Req..
11/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2010
LANDED..........
06/18/2011
The phone # to contact CIC from outside Canada would be a great addition to this :)
Since I'm trying to find it now and can't remember the name of the thread.

plumosa

May 27, 2010
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
17/06/2010
File Transfer...
10/05/2010
Med's Done....
30/11/2009
Interview........
waived-letter dated 27/07/2010
Passport Req..
20/09/2010
VISA ISSUED...
28/09/2010
LANDED..........
28/09/2010
can_usa_97 said:
The phone # to contact CIC from outside Canada would be a great addition to this :)
Since I'm trying to find it now and can't remember the name of the thread.
I believe its 613-944-4000 but I haven't tried calling it myself.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Try this number:

+1 613 944 4000 (for an agent: options 1,2,1,2,1 ... then 0 to skip the message)

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Thanks for this very useful information. i gathered as much but you have to personally DIG through CIC to get all the information and it is aot of reading to do. So yeah thanks!.

I have a question, If my open work permit has not been issued and i still have a valid visa, thts not expired, can i still take a short two day trip outside Canada without risking my application being cancelled??

khuda22

Jun 16, 2010
Hi everyone! I find this thread very helpful for me. I am from the philippines and my partner is in Toronto. To give your a brief background of my status. here is my timeline below

Nov 24- approved sponsorship
Dec 7'09- Manila started processing
Dec 11'09- submitted Passport and personal history 1998-1999
March 11'10- Submitted Additional proofs of relationship
June 16- Followed up with MP told were still queued for selection review
March 11- up to this day- No news

We are a same sex partner , obviously applying for conjugal. Our relationship is now 30 months, but when we passed our application last November we were already 20 months. As per leon, as much as possible try to avoid this class, since this is the hardest to prove. But in my case, this is the only route we can go and immigration barrier is existent. I have a half sister in Toronto, but she didn't know first about my relationship. Instead of my partner visiting me last Oct 2008, we decided to apply for a TRV. I asked my sister to sponsor me thinking that my case would be stronger. She had no idea then when I asked , unfortunately I was denied. Another try on Aug 2008 still under my sis , but then again rejected. So our first meeting was in HK , she looked for a part time job to shell out money for our get away. We met in HK March 20 2009- March 30 2009 . She wanted to meet my mom and grandmother so she shouldered the expenses and was able to meet them even for 3 days within our stay. After the first meeting , we came up to sending our application on that same year. While waiting, she tried inviting me last december 2009 to spend holidays with her in canada. Obviously, I was again denied for the third time.

I am one of her manulife insurance beneficiary, we have a same credit card linked to her account. this is where i get her monthly support. We don't have any joint ownership as of yet, due to monetary issues and she wanted us to settle in canada. She visited me on Feb 18- March 13, 2010 here in the Philippines and lived under the same roof. We rented a condo , and the contract lease is showing both our names. We sent them tons of pictures with her relatives in ILOILO, ( her immediate family is already in canada) , friends and likewise. I showed them all the pictures and transactions of the appliances she bought for me and we consider it as conjugal. Proof of exorbitant phone bills, loads ,emails, testimonies from my mom, hers and my Bestfriend. Even receipts of our dates, movie tickets, bus tickets , shopping, pictures of our meal together, social and leisure activities, boarding pass, airline tickets travel together etc. We also sent a 7 page essay mine and hers, and another 7 page email on our 2nd set of proofs to show them that our relationship is continuing and marriage like. Should I say our case is strong for conjugal? We only met twice, as it's hard for me to obtain TRV and she only have 15 days vacation leave in a year and so do I.

My dilemma now is, if I should file a resignation or not. Medical will expire on Sept 11, 2010 ( date is kinda scary i know ) :D and until now I haven't heard anything if they will require an interview. Correct me if I'm wrong, normally interview date is informed a month ahead. Med expiration is barely six weeks and if they need more information or anything else, should they consider my medical? I am lost, really. Been crying for almost a month, and starting to lose my sanity. This waiting game is heart pounding, and mysterious. Please if someone can give me advise, I don't want to jeopardize my work and burn bridges with my employer. I have seen other cases in the other forum that they got their visa a week before the expiration. I don't want to leave my employer with no options, as I can use it as a reference once i start my career in canada. They will not give me a clearance or certificate of employment if I don't render a 30 day period as part of our SOP. Is it safe to email them about my dilemma? I can't afford to lose my job , I am the breadwinner of my family. My partner support me though, I am just not used of relying or putting a toll on her. She might be earning well, however she also have her own obligations and expenses. I am really sorry for my story telling. I hope I am welcome here :) thank you in advance for taking your time to read this.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Send your visa office a letter stating that you want to re-do your medicals because you realize that your visa can only be issued valid until the expiry of your medicals and you wish to leave your employer on good terms with a proper notice period.

If it doesn't work out and they give you a visa with a short expiry, you could fly to Canada, land and then go back and finish off at your job but of course that will cost you an extra flight.

Reactions: Maya1

khuda22

Jun 16, 2010
Leon said:
Send your visa office a letter stating that you want to re-do your medicals because you realize that your visa can only be issued valid until the expiry of your medicals and you wish to leave your employer on good terms with a proper notice period.

If it doesn't work out and they give you a visa with a short expiry, you could fly to Canada, land and then go back and finish off at your job but of course that will cost you an extra flight.
thank you leon! I will do that , there is no harm in trying. i guess it won't affect the status of my application if i'll explain them my situation. I know no one can answer on behalf of the VO, but can I ask in your own opinion if my case is straightforward and strong? Is there any chance they will require to re-do your medical considering it's unfair ( i guess ) that they should have finished my application on time? Yes every case is different, conjugal is hard to deal with and scrutinized more but as i've said this is the only route we can go as a same sex partner. I'm sorry if I have lots of questions leon. :-(

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no "on time" with immigration. Only average times. Some cases are straight forward, some cases take longer. Sorry but I can't tell you much except wait. According to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp#asia 80% of cases in Manila finish by 8 months. If you want to know what is going on with your case, you could order your CAIPS notes or you could ask your partner to go to their MP in Canada to ask the MP to make an enquiry as to what is going on with your case.

khuda22

Jun 16, 2010
@ leon i understand no one really knows but them. Thanks tough for your time and infoRmation it helps a lot.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Black-Berry said:
Thanks for this very useful information. i gathered as much but you have to personally DIG through CIC to get all the information and it is aot of reading to do. So yeah thanks!.

I have a question, If my open work permit has not been issued and i still have a valid visa, thts not expired, can i still take a short two day trip outside Canada without risking my application being cancelled??
Take a look at this older discussion if it is of any relevance to you:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/questions-for-applying-trv-with-working-permit-condition-in-canada-t46341.0.html

bholebabaji

Apr 12, 2010
I sponsored my thai wife back in august 09. Singapore VO sent her a letter last week of march this year, telling her that she is on the interview list. I am wondering how long it is going to be before she actually is called for an interview. Also if anyone out there has gone through singapore spousal interview experience. Please share, THX!

PC25

Jul 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
Med's Request
October 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009
Passport Req..
November 2009
VISA ISSUED...
April 2013
LANDED..........
November 2013
hi all
sorry to bother, but i posted this case sa ibang topic. i was just thinking na this is the appropriate thread for my concern. im hoping for some advices.

"Hi all..

bago lang po ako dito, pero mtagal na kong follower.. i hope you wont mind reading my concern..actually dissapointed na po kase ako sa case namin ng asawa ko.. pag nakikita ko po yung timeline ng karamihan naiingit ako.. until now yung status namin "in proces" parin.. nawawalan na nga po kami ng pag asa eh..

Ganito po kase yung sitwasyon namin, sa Pilipinas pa lang po we've together since college, after graduation both of us got our first jobs and decided to live together, sa isang apartment kasama ng mga friends namin. it was july 2007. We thought its for my convinience kase sa probinsya ko nakatira and sabi nya for him to be independent he decided to move in.

Sept 2008 his family migrated to canada as permanent residents at kasama sya, malungkot that we have to sacrifice a lot kase mas maganda yung opportunities for him don and for us.

May 2009 he went home para pakasalan ako, after we got married bumalik sya sa Canada (June 1 09) coz he has a lot of commitments don and we were able to submit our sponsorship application. We are planning to start our own family sana don thats why i was so happy looking forward to it..i thought sa wakas magkakasama na kame ulet. but we didnt expect things would get worst. :'(

September 2009 we submitted the application
October 2009 It got approved by CPC-m
November 2009 Manila Started Processing and Requested for my Passport and other docs
December 2009 Passport sent
Jan-Apr- no news
May 2010 an immigration officer called and asked some questions
June 2010 i received a letter of refusal kase dw i was not declared by my husband as a common-law partner on his application and when he arrived. they ask for some evidences and stuffs and my husband sent them a letter of explanation
at present wla pa ring news, i tried to follow it up sa case Enquiry pero they said its still under the normal processing time.

my concern is its almost a year since it was processed, pero hanggang ngayon wla pa din news. nakakatawa na nakakainis. here's the catch, they didnt issue me a visa last june kase i was not declared daw as a "common-law partner" because we lived together and was not examined during the time of their application, where in fact i am being sponsored as his wife and we applied after getting legally married, kaya nga sya umuwi e para madeclare na nya ko as his spouse, and besides hindi nga namin alam na common law relationship na pala yung set-up namin bago sya umalis eh. kung alam lang namin edi sana common-law application na lang ginawa namin.. it was a very honest mistake. di daw ako nadeclare nung nagapply family nya, for pete's sake, that was five years before we met, highschool pa lang kame non. di din daw ako dineclare nung pagdating nila, how can he? he was initially declared by his parents as their dependent its how their application states and even if he wanted the status only says single or married. we are not married yet nung dumating sila don. its totally absurd. We were able to explain this through a letter and the fact that i was already declared as his wife sa Canadian government. I just dont understand why they dwell on the past. i am the Wife. We applied after being legally married. Why cant a wife whose been married for a year and in a relationship for almost 4years with the same guy from college be with his now Husband?
bakit ang tagal? we are not getting any younger and still we cant decide what to do next eh. like my husband is planning to get home and be with me na, eh pano kung biglang approve? its fine with me to wait for quite a while kung alam kong in the end iaapprove ako. pero kung idedeny naman nila dahil sa napaka absurd na grounds, wag na nila kong pagintayin.. kase it seems that iam waiting for nothing.. it kills me.. and the immigration has torn those dreams my husband and i built. whats the sense of their objective of FAMILY REUNIFICATION if a wife cant be reunited with her husband and cant start having kids? ive had a lot of sleepless and tearful nights thinking what would happen.. still im happy kase my husband and i are both tough to try and let another day pass that we are apart.

sorry super haba.. i just could not holdback :-[

Goodluck sa iba and i hope things as absurd as this case wont happen to you guys.. its as if they are killing your dreams of giving future family a decent life and spending the rest of your days with the man you love. :'( "

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PC25 said:
hi all
sorry to bother, but i posted this case sa ibang topic. i was just thinking na this is the appropriate thread for my concern. im hoping for some advices.
Just reading the English bits of what you wrote and skipping the rest I don't understand, I gather that your husband got his PR as a dependent of his parents who were immigrating and he was at the time in a common law relationship with you which he did not declare and this is now preventing him from sponsoring you for PR.

If that is the case, sadly there is nothing you can do. If your husband was in a common law relationship at the time he got his PR as a dependent, he really did not qualify to go with his parents as a dependent (dependent child must be single) and so he never should have gotten his own PR. Going to Canada as a dependent when he is not and not declaring a common law partner is considered to be misrepresentation. He is lucky that they did not revoke his own PR.

Aside from the fact that he never should have gotten his own PR as he was actually not a dependent child when he landed as a PR dependent child, immigration has strict rules of people not declared on family applications. The punishment for misrepresentation like that is that you may never sponsor this person in the future. Even if you appeal that you did not know that there is such a thing as common law partners in Canada, the fact remains that he never would have had his PR so how can they let him sponsor you?

If you can qualify for your own immigration, you may apply. If you can get a job offer (AEO) and apply under the skilled worker program or apply under a PNP, you are going for your PR directly and overstay will not be an issue. You could try for a work permit or live-in caregiver or such but I fear that with a husband in Canada who can not sponsor you, that they may consider you a risk of overstay.

PC25

Jul 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
Med's Request
October 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009
Passport Req..
November 2009
VISA ISSUED...
April 2013
LANDED..........
November 2013
@leon

thanks for the opinion.. i was careless to post my case half english and half in my language.. sorry :(
but anyway, thanks again.. actually i was amazed that you understood my concern even though it was not.. (my bad)
It seems to me that you are making me realize that i have a little chance of getting to live with my husband in Canada and this makes me sad.
But one thing that concerns me is that until now they haven't made any final decision yet. we have made our correspondence to the immigration but we have no idea what will happen next.. until now the status remains the same and its almost a year. do you really think i have the slightest chance of being approved a PR visa because of this honest mistake (or maybe misrepresentation as it was) that we had? even though we got legally married before we applied for the sponsorship? honestly, i have no idea what to next and my passport is still with them. do you think how long should i wait still? we just wanted to have a decent family life, i just dont understand why we cant.. :'(

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm sorry but I don't think you have much of a chance. If it was just the problem that he had immigrated without declaring you because he did not know that there was anything but single or married and that he did not know that there is a common law marriage in Canada, then maybe you would have a chance but the case is a bit more complicated because apparently he got his PR because he was single.

If he had declared you as his common law partner before he landed as a PR, his visa would have been cancelled because he would no longer have been considered a dependent child. Your only possibility of appeal, as far as I can see, is perhaps that you had broken up before he landed as a PR? In that case, he did not misrepresent as he would not have been in a common law relationship at the time he landed as a PR and therefore had nothing to declare.