+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

shanthansai

Dec 7, 2022
Hi ,

I have submitted my spouse PR application Outland stream. But while I was submitting the application. It was exactly 6 months( Pcc received - AUG 18th 2023 and Application submitted - Jan 18th 2025). After the submission my application was sent back that one of the documents is missing signatures . I have added signatures and resubmitted (Feb 18 2024) Now have received Aor on Mar 3rd 2024 . Now I’m worried because during the application resubmission the PCC has crossed 6 months . I’m scared now that they would consider PCC as invalid. Any info if there will be any issue or my spousal application will be rejected ? I’m worried now

Shah18

Oct 1, 2020
Ontario
Category........
Other
Hi guys
My wife's spousal PR application is in process, meanwhile we applied for her TRV and gave biometrics for TRV. Now have recieved biometrics letter for PR as well. Do we need to give biometrics again ? or IRCC will use the ones given for TRV ?
Please if anyone could advise
Hi akh136, I am planning to apply for TRV for my wife. I have submitted her outland application on March 3, 2024. Can you please let me know how you have submitted your TRV application? Also, is it after receiving AOR?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Now I’m worried because during the application resubmission the PCC has crossed 6 months . I’m scared now that they would consider PCC as invalid. Any info if there will be any issue or my spousal application will be rejected ? I’m worried now
Typically at this point, after AOR, if they want a new PCC they will ask for it. Usually not required.

ravikumark815

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi All,

Kindly help me with following queries:

Situation: I obtained PR in Dec and will be travelling (1st PoE) to Toronto by the end of March. So I will obtain my PR Card & SIN by April first week or so.

Agenda:
To bring my wife to Canada ASAP and ensure her PR.

Queries:
1. Can I sponsor Spousal Visa before moving there itself? Or do I have there first to sponsor anyone?
2. What is the correct method?
a. Obtain Visitor visa first, move to Canada, Apply for Spousal PR, Apply for OPW based Spousal AoR
b. Apply for Spousal PR in home country, Apply for TRV based on Spousal AOR, Move to Canada.
3. If both are correct in Q2, which has better success rate?

Thanks in Advance :)

Tarikla

Star Member
Nov 20, 2023
Hi All,

Kindly help me with following queries:

Situation: I obtained PR in Dec and will be travelling (1st PoE) to Toronto by the end of March. So I will obtain my PR Card & SIN by April first week or so.

Agenda: To bring my wife to Canada ASAP and ensure her PR.

Queries:
1. Can I sponsor Spousal Visa before moving there itself? Or do I have there first to sponsor anyone?
2. What is the correct method?
a. Obtain Visitor visa first, move to Canada, Apply for Spousal PR, Apply for OPW based Spousal AoR
b. Apply for Spousal PR in home country, Apply for TRV based on Spousal AOR, Move to Canada.
3. If both are correct in Q2, which has better success rate?

Thanks in Advance :)
If you are already married, you MUST declare your wife as a non-accompanying spouse to IRCC ASAP.

You were supposed to declare her as soon as you got married. If you obtained CoPR while already being married and didn't declared your wife in your application beforehand, you did a misrepresentation and could lose your PR before even landing. If you got married between obtaining your CoPR and now, you need to notify IRCC ASAP and also inform the immigration agent when you land that you have a wife that isn't accompanying you.

ravikumark815

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
If you are already married, you MUST declare your wife as a non-accompanying spouse to IRCC ASAP.

You were supposed to declare her as soon as you got married. If you obtained CoPR while already being married and didn't declared your wife in your application beforehand, you did a misrepresentation and could lose your PR before even landing. If you got married between obtaining your CoPR and now, you need to notify IRCC ASAP and also inform the immigration agent when you land that you have a wife that isn't accompanying you.
I was married in 2017 itself and yes, I declared her as a non-accompanying spouse already. I am unable to choose among the following options actually:
1. I go to CA first, get necessary details, sponsor her. She applies for Spousal PR in home country, apply for TRV once she obtains AOR. This seems to be the prevailing opinion, since it clearly mentions my intent. But, doesn't she have to be in home country for the entire process of Spousal PR? If that is the case, what use is a TRV?
2. I go to CA, she also applies for visitor visa immediately. Once I complete my particulars, we apply for inland spousal PR? But this case is changing my intent.

I-shaik

Jan 10, 2020
Yes. That's no problem. If, after applying, you go for a trip, IRCC says "short trips abroad are ok." They don't define short trips. Less than a month recommended.

Also note: you should keep in mind the need to show the marriage is genuine, in which time together is a significant factor. If you've already spent a lot of time together, fine. If it's an online rleationship or arranged marriage, it may not be very convincing to have only spent a week together.
thank you for the reply @armoured
Yes I have got engaged in last year 2023 august in my last visit and applied TRV for her and got rejected.
I have strong relationship proofs and engagement pictures.
so I am thinking to travel to India get married (registered/ court marriage) and come back to canada within a week. As my manager can approve my leaves only for 5-7 days.

Please do let me know if someone has came across similar situation.
Thank you.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
thank you for the reply @armoured
Yes I have got engaged in last year 2023 august in my last visit and applied TRV for her and got rejected.
I have strong relationship proofs and engagement pictures.
so I am thinking to travel to India get married (registered/ court marriage) and come back to canada within a week. As my manager can approve my leaves only for 5-7 days.

Please do let me know if someone has came across similar situation.
Thank you.
I don't have enough information from what you posted to answer meaningfully.

priyanka93

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Need advise. Our GCMS notes for spousal visa says as below but we received no communication from IRCC. could you please advise what this means. Our tracker says medical and biometrics completed on Nov 14, 2023. Anyone faced similar issue??

Clients will be advised via decision letter from CIO that: An original Upfront Medical Report form (IMM1017B UPFRONT) signed by a Panel Physician or a E-Medical upfront Medical notification information has not been provided. Your relative must complete the medical and once complete forward this information directly to the visa Office noted above along with a copy of this letter. Your application has been transferred to the visa office noting this deficiency. Your relative must also forward the medical information directly to visa office to continue processing of his/her application. Failure to do so will result in delays and possible refusal of your relative's application

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Need advise. Our GCMS notes for spousal visa says as below but we received no communication from IRCC. could you please advise what this means. Our tracker says medical and biometrics completed on Nov 14, 2023. Anyone faced similar issue??

Clients will be advised via decision letter from CIO that: An original Upfront Medical Report form (IMM1017B UPFRONT) signed by a Panel Physician or a E-Medical upfront Medical notification information has not been provided. Your relative must complete the medical and once complete forward this information directly to the visa Office noted above along with a copy of this letter. Your application has been transferred to the visa office noting this deficiency. Your relative must also forward the medical information directly to visa office to continue processing of his/her application. Failure to do so will result in delays and possible refusal of your relative's application
This is boilerplate info that is in all the gcms notes for spousal apps, you can ignore it.

Reactions: ERCAN

NKT123

Mar 11, 2024
Hello all!

PR Application Submitted: 17th January, 2024
AOR Received: 7th March, 2024

I am in the process of applying for a Spousal TRV for my wife now. What is the success rate? What are everyone's experiences? Any help will be great!

Thanks!

Shah18

Oct 1, 2020
Ontario
Category........
Other
Hello all!

PR Application Submitted: 17th January, 2024
AOR Received: 7th March, 2024

I am in the process of applying for a Spousal TRV for my wife now. What is the success rate? What are everyone's experiences? Any help will be great!

Thanks!
I am in the same boat.
PR Application submitted: March 3, 2024
AOR pending

Looking for some help for the TRV. Also, can we apply TRV before getting AOR?

nyantaro19

Star Member
Feb 7, 2024
Category........
Other
I am in the same boat.
PR Application submitted: March 3, 2024
AOR pending

Looking for some help for the TRV. Also, can we apply TRV before getting AOR?
According to Canada's website:
If you’re being sponsored for permanent residence (PR) by your spouse or partner, you could benefit from faster processing for a visitor visa.

You may be eligible if you

• submitted an application to be sponsored for permanent residence
• received an acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) that confirms the application is in progress

When your sponsor receives the AOR for your permanent residence application, you can apply for a visitor visa. If you’re eligible, your visitor visa application will automatically receive faster processing. You don’t need to request it.

You must still meet all of the requirements to be eligible for a visitor visa.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-visitor-visa.html

Reactions: KristyJimoh33