+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Stutiii

Apr 25, 2023
This is really a question you should pose in the forum for whichever type of program you're applying for. It's not family sponsorship. That said:

Are you already married or common law? Did this change since the time you submitted your PR application?

You MUST include/document your partner/spouse in your application, either as accompanying or unaccompanying. This is not 'sponsorship' per se. (If you don't include your partner, you will never be able to sponsor them in future)

If you already included your spouse/partner as non-accompanying, yes, you can change that to accompanying. You'll need to do so through IRCC.
Apologies, I am a new member and did not know how the forum works. I did not intend to message you personally.

GloryAlemseged

Star Member
Jun 16, 2023
Hi everyone, I had a question regarding inland spousal application. My PR application is in process and has passed the biometrics and medical steps. It is undergoing background check. Can I still sponsor my partner while my application is in process or do I have to wait until I receive my COPR?

Your question is Not clear. What do you mean sponsor your partner? Already your application is in process. So is your question?

Mandy Cheema

Feb 26, 2024
I applied for my Husband's sponsorship for PR IN July 2023 who is residing in Australia currently on a work permit. At the time of submission, I provided them proof of relationship including- proof of communications via chats, calls and video calls, and proof of my visit to Australia initially for my marriage and then later next year to visit him. We were married for 10 months when I applied for his PR.
Now IRCC has asked us to submit additional proof of relationship as mentioned below:
1. Proof of interdependence(financial, emotional, etc.)
2. Proof of any periods of cohabitation.
3. Proof of Visits.

After applying for my husband's PR file, We applied for his visitor's visa and got it shortly. Recently he visited me In Canada and stayed with me for 2.5 months and now has gone back to his country of residence.
My only concern regarding providing this additional information is-
how can I provide the Proof of emotional interdependence?
Also for proof of cohabitation do I only provide the proof regarding his recent visit which happened after our file submission or resubmit the previous proofs again of my previous visits which were originally all submitted during the submission of the initial application for PR? Regarding the proof of cohabitation would a driver's license for the same address be enough? As I do not have any rental or utility bill under his name.
We also do not have a joint account yet, Though we did open an account under his name at a local branch near our house. I can provide that as proof of the same address as well.
Proof of communication is not asked but is it required of me to submit some more screenshots of our communications after the submission of our file initially?

I can also generate some letters of support from relatives who all know about our relationship and met us during my husband's visit to Canada. My mother and brother also live with me, I can provide letters of support from them as well regarding his visit here and our relationship as a family.

I am just a little less aware of what and how to submit everything asked in the right or apt way, I do not want to over-submit or resubmit anything, that being said also do not want the officer to think that I could not produce anything when asked.

Is there any possibility that the officer would have missed a few documents in my previous file to check thoroughly as we provided almost 15 support letters from friends and family who visited our marriage ceremony in Australia and have also provided ample communications proofs and pictures of my visits to Australia?
Because I have no idea what to provide as proof of emotional support or proof of emotional interdependence.
I had already submitted a personal statement notarized earlier stating all the emotional aspects of our relationship in which I had mentioned a couple of personal issues in my husband's life which I am fully aware and supportive of.
I am going blankly thinking about what to mention in a personal statement to prove emotional interdependency. Also, would that be enough to show it as proof of emotional interdependency because that will be word of mouth? Please help me out anyone if someone has any idea about this or may have seen or been in such a situation?
All or any comments, Ideas and suggestions are welcome. Please feel free to message me, I have 3 weeks left to submit the above mentioned.

Thank you!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I applied for my Husband's sponsorship for PR IN July 2023 who is residing in Australia currently on a work permit. At the time of submission, I provided them proof of relationship including- proof of communications via chats, calls and video calls, and proof of my visit to Australia initially for my marriage and then later next year to visit him. We were married for 10 months when I applied for his PR.
Now IRCC has asked us to submit additional proof of relationship as mentioned below:
1. Proof of interdependence(financial, emotional, etc.)
2. Proof of any periods of cohabitation.
3. Proof of Visits.

After applying for my husband's PR file, We applied for his visitor's visa and got it shortly. Recently he visited me In Canada and stayed with me for 2.5 months and now has gone back to his country of residence.
My only concern regarding providing this additional information is-
how can I provide the Proof of emotional interdependence?
Also for proof of cohabitation do I only provide the proof regarding his recent visit which happened after our file submission or resubmit the previous proofs again of my previous visits which were originally all submitted during the submission of the initial application for PR? Regarding the proof of cohabitation would a driver's license for the same address be enough? As I do not have any rental or utility bill under his name.
We also do not have a joint account yet, Though we did open an account under his name at a local branch near our house. I can provide that as proof of the same address as well.
Proof of communication is not asked but is it required of me to submit some more screenshots of our communications after the submission of our file initially?

I can also generate some letters of support from relatives who all know about our relationship and met us during my husband's visit to Canada. My mother and brother also live with me, I can provide letters of support from them as well regarding his visit here and our relationship as a family.

I am just a little less aware of what and how to submit everything asked in the right or apt way, I do not want to over-submit or resubmit anything, that being said also do not want the officer to think that I could not produce anything when asked.

Is there any possibility that the officer would have missed a few documents in my previous file to check thoroughly as we provided almost 15 support letters from friends and family who visited our marriage ceremony in Australia and have also provided ample communications proofs and pictures of my visits to Australia?
Because I have no idea what to provide as proof of emotional support or proof of emotional interdependence.
I had already submitted a personal statement notarized earlier stating all the emotional aspects of our relationship in which I had mentioned a couple of personal issues in my husband's life which I am fully aware and supportive of.
I am going blankly thinking about what to mention in a personal statement to prove emotional interdependency. Also, would that be enough to show it as proof of emotional interdependency because that will be word of mouth? Please help me out anyone if someone has any idea about this or may have seen or been in such a situation?
All or any comments, Ideas and suggestions are welcome. Please feel free to message me, I have 3 weeks left to submit the above mentioned.

Thank you!
-What was the title of the correspondence to you? Is it called a PFL (procedural fairness letter)? This is quite important.
-You should also order GCMS notes - although you'll likely get them too late for the timeline to respond.

Now: deep breath, relax a bit. Just go through, methodically what you have.

1) Interdependence: show whatever financial support you ahve given each other, and some additional copies of communications between you. Don't freak yourself out about the emotional support thing.

2. & 3. ) Your additional info on the subsequent visit for a couple months is great. Provide that. Provide some of the info about visits before that AND provide a list of the proof/visits that you provided before.

For additional stuff: provide as much as possible short FACTUAL statements - these are the thigns we have done together, this is how we communicate, this is the support we've provided each other (whatever kind), and support with basic facts/documents. Don't write long novels.

Prepare, edit again, check, send. You have three weeks, that's plenty of time.

But important to hear the point about what the documnt is called, i.e. is it a PFL.

thatstupiddeer

Jan 24, 2023
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
19-10-2022
AOR Received.
05-01-2023
Med's Request
12-01-2023
Med's Done....
24-01-2023
Passport Req..
26-02-2024
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2024
We got the Biometrics letter and need to book an appointment via VFS Global. However, the website is completely down. Anyone else seeing this issue?

Try just putting in VFS Global into Google and accessing the site that way. I’ve found that clicking the links in the letter sometimes gets you blocked… I’m not sure why. But I have gotten that error before too.

So, Google “VFS Global” go to the base website and use the drop down menus. It’ll take you to the right page from there!

Bean001

Jan 6, 2024
Hi, where do we check all these information? I also have my wife's PR in process from India. I yesterday received a letter from IRCC saying that we are processing you PR file and now you can apply for Pre-Arrival services in Canada. Does this mean that her Passport request is near?
Pre arrival letters come in automatically at any time, usually after eligibility. You can register to the PR status tracker with your UCI number and application number, also you can check messages on GCKey. Also on the PR Status tracker you can see something that says “last updated” which means when they logged in last to your account

sam3292

Feb 28, 2024
Hi, I applied for an outland (Iran) spouse's sponsorship on June 24, 2023.

On December 18, 2023, I received an email requesting an update to the imm5669 form. I promptly completed and submitted the form through GCKey and email within the specified timeframe. However, on January 22, 2024, both my wife (the sponsor) and I received a procedural fairness letter indicating that the form had not been completed. In response, we immediately resent the form via email and the IRCC Webform on the same day.

As of January 19, 2024, my eligibility status has been updated as completed, with only the background verification process currently in progress. I am concerned about the delay in processing my application and would like to confirm whether the imm5669 form was successfully received. Additionally, I would appreciate any insights into any potential issues that may be causing the extended processing time.

Thank you for your help.

M91Ottawa

Feb 29, 2024
Hello everyone,
I applied on Jan 16
AOR February 22nd
However I only received the sponsor’s UCI and File number, my spouse did not get an AOR yet. Is this normal?

And is the sponsor’s AOR enough to proceed with the TRV application?

thatstupiddeer

Jan 24, 2023
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
19-10-2022
AOR Received.
05-01-2023
Med's Request
12-01-2023
Med's Done....
24-01-2023
Passport Req..
26-02-2024
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2024
Hello everyone,
I applied on Jan 16
AOR February 22nd
However I only received the sponsor’s UCI and File number, my spouse did not get an AOR yet. Is this normal?

And is the sponsor’s AOR enough to proceed with the TRV application?
Yes, this is normal. AoR is sent to the sponsor, not the primary applicant.

ki_0672

Feb 5, 2024
Hi ,
Can somebody please tell me how long does ircc takes for sending portal one request after inland spousal application is completed and a copr number is generated in tracker .

guy82

Mar 1, 2024
Hi,

I am applying for my spousal visa & I am getting Canada Workers Benefit (CWB). Is it considered as social assistance? I have read in some forums that its not but I still want the clarity. As my immigration agent is opting for "YES" in the immigration form for the following question

Are you in receipt for any social assistance for a reason other than disability?

According to him as I am getting CWB therefore the answer to this question is yes.

Please help me as I am confused right now.

Riyas292217

Sep 19, 2023
Can anybody please help me
I got my ITA on april 2023 and submitted my application on May 2023
I got approved for the copr on August 2023
In the mean time after getting the P1 mail, I went back to my native and got married
Also on the p1 mail response, I gave the info stating my travel plan
Once reached canada, I sent out an email again for the same p1 email response as I got married
They told me to submit my wife documents,
My copr got revoked on the same day
Her AOR is oct 2023 and we both got approved again on feb 2024
I got my ecopr on feb 14 and waiting for her ppr request
When can I expect the PPR request for her?