Interview........
No need
Passport Req..
Upront with application
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-12-2015
yes looks like there is some values missing. IRCC must fix it but people don't know when. Until then you can gather other documents
We are ready with all other docs. not just 0008 form, all the digital forms are getting in the in progress no matter how many times you fill and make it ready. when the page is refreshed the forms becomes in progress. not sure what is happening on their end. crazy to think such bugs would arise in portal. we have added a technical query lets see what they respond with now.

Bijaybdrkarki

Mar 28, 2018
We are ready with all other docs. not just 0008 form, all the digital forms are getting in the in progress no matter how many times you fill and make it ready. when the page is refreshed the forms becomes in progress. not sure what is happening on their end. crazy to think such bugs would arise in portal. we have added a technical query lets see what they respond with now.
i am facing same issue since last week.

preethy.wils

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
I'm growing crazy trying to make sense of this. I'm filling up form 1344e which has a field -> The principal applicant is your ___________
a) Spouse living in Canada
b) Spouse living in Canada -applying under family class
c) Spouse living outside Canada

My spouse is on visitor visa and lives with me. He'll be here for 6 months and then we plan to apply for extension. [My understanding is there are 2 classes: in-Canada class and family class although I'm not sure of the differences between them as per rules today.]
1) Should I be choosing option a or b?
2) Which one gets processed faster?
3) Does both a and b allow to apply for work permit if we want to?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I'm growing crazy trying to make sense of this. I'm filling up form 1344e which has a field -> The principal applicant is your ___________
a) Spouse living in Canada
b) Spouse living in Canada -applying under family class
c) Spouse living outside Canada

My spouse is on visitor visa and lives with me. He'll be here for 6 months and then we plan to apply for extension. [My understanding is there are 2 classes: in-Canada class and family class although I'm not sure of the differences between them as per rules today.]
1) Should I be choosing option a or b?
2) Which one gets processed faster?
3) Does both a and b allow to apply for work permit if we want to?
You can choose either one of a and b.
-a is generally referred to as inland.
-b and c are 'outland' (both family class).

Right now - with the policies announced - either can apply for open work permit. (Caveat here that we haven't seen many of these issued under the new outland policy so we really don't know if there might be quirks or problems we do not know about).

That leaves two remaining factors:
-whether one is faster than the other - and no-one knows. I believe recent rumour / anecdotes are that recently, inland apps are going more quickly. I don't know.
-under inland, it is assumed the applicant will remain in Canada. If they leave, they might not be allowed in - which could lead IRCC to conclude that the app has been abandoned and get it dropped. This is pretty infrequent but if your spouse plans to or believes has reason to plan to leave for longer periods, perhaps go outland.

I think this is a fair summary but happy to have others to comment or correct me if not.

iamkran

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
App. Filed.......
22-05-2018
Nomination.....
26-04-2018
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
22-10-2015 (upfront)
Interview........
No need
Passport Req..
Upront with application
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-12-2015
i am facing same issue since last week.
I am luckily able to complete and make all forms ready to submit and finally submitted the application yesterday. But you have make sure that you dont wait between completing the forms and quickly submit. Make sure you have rest everything ready in terms of docs uploading.

letbx

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
Category........
CEC
any updates? how long is it taking after medical passed?
and what are the next steps ?

Last edited:

letbx

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
Category........
CEC
My spouse's medical passed yesterday and i am planning to go out of country by end of this month and planning to come back when my spouse gets an approval.
any views on that, is it alright to be out of country the whole time?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My spouse's medical passed yesterday and i am planning to go out of country by end of this month and planning to come back when my spouse gets an approval.
any views on that, is it alright to be out of country the whole time?
If you are a citizen, yes. If you are a PR, no. Whether they enforce this or not (i.e. how strictly) is anyone's guess. Assuming by 'out of coutnry' you mean out of Canada.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
can you please share the link that states this.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-assessing-sponsor.html

There's more detail, discussion, claims made, claims refuted, etc., on this thread:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/leaving-canada-temporarily-while-spouses-pr-outland-is-in-progress-sponser-being-pr-and-sponsorship-eligibility-is-approved.696170/post-9358435

Including some of those who had their sponsorships refused.

I repeat the part: I do not make specific claims about what the chances are nor how diligently it's enforced.

The analogy frequently made is: speeding is definitely illegal, even if they don't stop everyone. But if they do stop you - 'you didn't stop that other guy' is not an excuse.

*Of course not to say that leaving is illegal. But requirement for PR to be resident in Canada to sponsor is clear. All the arguments claiming something else (that I have seen) are false.