+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Jazzed

Star Member
Jan 15, 2022
This is part of the unique value-added proposition of some reps: they recommend you do unnecessary things that create delays, while implying that they know better and have secret knowledge.
Just terrible . Studying at the moment, the federal court rulings are just filled with people being harmed by these magicians with the secret sauce to Canada its almost painful to read some of these cases.

Jazzed

Star Member
Jan 15, 2022
This is part of the unique value-added proposition of some reps: they recommend you do unnecessary things that create delays, while implying that they know better and have secret knowledge.
Edit: This is a buyer beware post by me and as armoured says below not an indication of a malpractice by the OP's representative.

No matter what the representative does you are ultimately responsible.

Delays they may cause by not understanding the process as with OP are not the responsibility of IRCC.

Chose wisely

Last edited:
Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
One of the Most frequently seen line in judgements

Be careful who you hire!!!

*An error or misrepresentation made by the travel agent does not bar the application of paragraph 40(1)(a) of the IRPA (Cao v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2010 FC 450 at para 31).

[27] It is unfortunate that the consequence of this misrepresentation is a five year ban on admissibility, but the Applicant failed in her duty of candour. The Officer’s decision was reasonable.*
To be fair, recommending a needless upfront medical is less of an outright screwup [outright malpractice!] than the (apparently not that uncommon) counsel to misrepresent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jazzed

Mahanvi

Jun 30, 2022
Hey guys.Please answer my urgent question.
As PR card is taking so much time to get delievered,Can I sponsor my spouse on the basis of COPR and a letter of explanation.Please let me know if anybody tried this approach and was successful in doing so.

Mahanvi

Jun 30, 2022
Hey guys.Can I sponsor my spouse on the basis of COPR and letter of explanation..as PR card is taking so much time nowadays

GL2019

Star Member
Jun 13, 2022
Hi everyone, I just checked the new online tracker and I got the following update under the sponsor profile (which i never heard of for other applicants)

Eligibility activity status updated
New update
Eligibility

Eligibility status has been updated to In progress

Does anyone know what that means exactly and how long does this process take until they approve the sponsor? Thanks

saic1994

Nov 2, 2020
Hi Guys,

Want to share my timeline for Outland Spousal Application from PR Tracker:

Jun 28, 2022 - Medical exam status has been updated to Completed

Jun 22, 2022 - Invitation to pre-arrival services

Jun 22, 2022 - Background verification status has been updated to Completed

Jun 22, 2022 -Eligibility status has been updated to Completed

Jun 14, 2022 - Medical exam Requested

Jun 12, 2022 - Biometrics Requested

Mar 28, 2022 - Application received

Everything seems like completed, not sure that means application approved?

mahbubeh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
Hello,

What does “Date submitted” in the IRCC secure account mean? It is not date received or AOR.
another thing is that, even though I have received my AOR more than a month ago, my application is not showing In ecas and I can not register in the online application tracker. It is not sending me verification code to my email. Any one had the same issue?

Thanks

hbui1993

Jun 10, 2018
I am so frustrated.

July 2020 applicant. Eligibility, Biometrics and Medical passed in May 2021. Background check HAS NOT started. Medical expired in April 2022 with no notice to renew. Address is constantly being changed on IRCC and the application keeps getting linked to another account. We have no clue what is going on and why it keeps happening (address has been changed all over Canada x5) but every time we call they just say it’s a “glitch”. We know of many people who this has had happened to as well. Why isn’t it being talked about? My application has not progressed since May 2021 with no update or help from IRCC when I try to call in.

Ragh1

Oct 18, 2018
Hello guys,
Do we have to submit a use of representative form if spouse apply for PA from his online PR portal account?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am so frustrated.

July 2020 applicant. Eligibility, Biometrics and Medical passed in May 2021. Background check HAS NOT started. Medical expired in April 2022 with no notice to renew. Address is constantly being changed on IRCC and the application keeps getting linked to another account. We have no clue what is going on and why it keeps happening (address has been changed all over Canada x5) but every time we call they just say it’s a “glitch”. We know of many people who this has had happened to as well. Why isn’t it being talked about? My application has not progressed since May 2021 with no update or help from IRCC when I try to call in.
Contact your mp.

Parmeet kaur67

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Hello Guys, Just a quick question. Your help would be appreciated. My sponser mailed me the forms today to canada after signing them but he forgot to sign one form. Can he sign and email it to me so that I can print it or it has to be signed without scanning only? Your help is appreciated. Thank you

waitingformyspouse

Star Member
Mar 30, 2022
Hello everyone,
I’m wondering if there’s someone in the same boat as me? We got the pre-arrival letter on April 30th and since then there have been sooo many ghost updates in the PR tracker. Everything else in the tracker shows ‘Completed’. Any idea when the PPR can be sent? There’s no COPR number updated in the account as well.