+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Alokuk692

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Hi Guys my Wife Landed here in Canada on 22 June 2022 as a PR. However, our address is going to change in the next few days but the PR card would be sent to our previous address which was mentioned on our application. How do we notify the change of address so that we make sure her PR card comes to our new address?

Thanks

Reactions: freddieMercury

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi Guys my Wife Landed here in Canada on 22 June 2022 as a PR. However, our address is going to change in the next few days but the PR card would be sent to our previous address which was mentioned on our application. How do we notify the change of address so that we make sure her PR card comes to our new address?

Thanks
Webform change of address. Best to arrange with old address to get mail just in case, IRCC does not always seem to update change of address when needed for such correspondence.

Reactions: YVR123

Juku77

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018

Thanks
GO to your post office, update your address and pay to have your mail redirected to your new address until you receive your PRC.

Reactions: USCAN2019

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
GO to your post office, update your address and pay to have your mail redirected to your new address until you receive your PRC.
While this might be a good idea for a lot of reasons, important mail from IRCC - like PR cards - are typically marked DO NOT FORWARD and will not be redirected. (At any rate I would not rely upon that)

Reactions: USCAN2019

vnykvjyn

Nov 2, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
Doc's Request.
19-07-2017
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
No, there will be no concern. This is normal. Their systems just don't update well. Ignore it and live happily.
Hello. Just checked the online tracker now and the COPR details have been updated with the new passport document details. My wife's passport reached the main IRCC office in New Delhi, India last Wednesday. hoping for the dispatch of the passport sometime this week. Thanks for your advice.

sngr09

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
Hi everyone , my question is about tracking status . Which one ? is correct . I checked my status through gckey and it shows eligibility and background is in process just after getting spousal approval. while on other side when i checked new pr tracker it shows eligibility not started and background also not started. Is ?there anyone has experienced this.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone , my question is about tracking status . Which one ? is correct . I checked my status through gckey and it shows eligibility and background is in process just after getting spousal approval. while on other side when i checked new pr tracker it shows eligibility not started and background also not started. Is ?there anyone has experienced this.
Info between the two portals or whatever they're called often doesn't exactly correspond.

Short form: don't worry and don't expect that this means much.

Remember, these are word-explanations of database 'flags' (off and on), and possibly different flags. They don't necessarily correspond to human logic. Or in other words "started / not started" probably does not mean what you think it does, or if it does, only accidentally.

Reactions: dtny

Xxx2022

Jun 30, 2022
Can anybody assist me. We applied for family class sponsorship using a rep in March and did an upfront medical. Now we have been asked to send the medical again. The rep already submitted the upfront medical using a webform. My concern is webform will delay the process and I even called IRCC contact and they said it will take more than 30 days to link to your application. What will happen if we do another medical or what should be the best action to take in this situation

Jazzed

Star Member
Jan 15, 2022
Can anybody assist me. We applied for family class sponsorship using a rep in March and did an upfront medical. Now we have been asked to send the medical again. The rep already submitted the upfront medical using a webform. My concern is webform will delay the process and I even called IRCC contact and they said it will take more than 30 days to link to your application. What will happen if we do another medical or what should be the best action to take in this situation
Upfront medical examinations are no longer available for Family Class since about 2017. They will link the medical to your application but by circumventing the process by doing the medical before requested you will face delays as the phone agent told you.

I am not sure why you did an upfront medical for a family class application but I am guessing you got bad advice somewhere.

You can wait for IRCC to eventually link it to your application or you can do it again. Either way it's a mess. They won't care if you have two medical on file if that's your concern as long as you pass both. You just created more work for an over stretched system

Reactions: Deepti91

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am not sure why you did an upfront medical for a family class application but I am guessing you got bad advice somewhere.
This is part of the unique value-added proposition of some reps: they recommend you do unnecessary things that create delays, while implying that they know better and have secret knowledge.

Reactions: freddieMercury

aaaa1111

Mar 31, 2017
Applied March 30. Wife from United States. Applied Online Outland . Just got letter today saying

"Please note your application has been rejected for the following reason:
USE OF REPRESENTATIVE (IMM 5476)
Your application package is being returned to you because it has been identified that you may be using a representative and/or have not properly completed the required Use of Representative (IMM 5476) form."

I have copy of application that submitted and this form was fully filled out and signed. I used the latest form downloaded the day I submitted the application.

The guide even does say if your the spouse and want updates, etc. you need to fill this form out. The letter reads like a spouse can't be a representative.

Very confused.
Thanks.