+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Simplitario

Star Member
May 4, 2022
Hi All,
I have a question regarding birth certificate requirement for spousal sponsorship. I am canadian Pr and living inside Canada. I am sponsoring my wife from India and she doesn't have a birth certificate and she can't get one. Can I submit affidavit from her and her parents stating her date of birth and place of birth and names of her parents and attach other supporting documents like School leaving certificate, marksheets , passport copy etc with that? Please advice.
Yes, please provide Government issued ID which has her name and date of birth clearly mentioned like Aadhaar, PAN, etc. Get them notarised if possible and mention clearly that you are submitting these in lieu of Birth Certificate and explain why you can't get a new one.

Reactions: Maulin@76

jyothis890

Star Member
Nov 20, 2015
Show a bit of what you have and short letter of explanation (spouse does not need financial support). No, it doestn' need to be continuous support.

Note, context is not that one spouse must support the other, but that one common perception or factor of marriage is 'joint / shared household' including expenses. Obviously if both work and currently live apart, that may require less need to join finances (and some things like joint accounts are less common in some countries). Context matters, and you can explain (briefly, factually).

But you can still show some joint aspects eg by one paying for things both benefit from, eg household, wedding expenses, travel/vacation expenses, etc. How much you think is needed to demonstrate that is something you have to balance against other aspects of your application
Thanks for the reply. I have one more question.
In Imm5532e part C Q1. When was the first time you met in person. We met at my uncles house in our childhood, her family was my uncles neighbour so I can write that in where and circumstances column, but I don’t recall the exact date its somewhere between 1996 - 1998 so what should I put in the date column?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for the reply. I have one more question.
In Imm5532e part C Q1. When was the first time you met in person. We met at my uncles house in our childhood, her family was my uncles neighbour so I can write that in where and circumstances column, but I don’t recall the exact date its somewhere between 1996 - 1998 so what should I put in the date column?
Just put your best guess as to date and explain in short LOE.

SponsorUAE

May 3, 2022
Hi Everyone,
I am a Canadian citizen and have applied(paper copy) for my wife's(lives in UAE) spousal sponsorship which was received on February 15, 2022. Acknowledging receipt for the application was on April 26, 2022. I can't seem to register my application to the IRCC account even though I received the UCI & Application #, keeps saying that there is an error.
The new PR tracker had worked for me (https://prt-srp.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/ ) but not the IRCC
I wanted to know if it is necessary to link your application to the IRCC account or would we receive all notifications through e-mail?
My wife/Principal applicant hasn't gotten any email at all, only I as the sponsor have received an email for the AOR.
From the previous threads that i have read, usually the principal applicant receives the Medical request and biometrics around the same time as the AOR, and we haven't received anything as of today (May 12, 2022).
Is it important that the principal applicant receives a separate email with the UCI# and such (because i have heard that the sponsor's and principal's applicant details on the PR Tracker are different, and only the principal applicant would receive request for their medicals and biometrics) or would all details be corresponded through the sponsors email as well?
Any help would be appreciated!

Sarahmc89

Dec 24, 2017
Hi Everyone,
I am a Canadian citizen and have applied(paper copy) for my wife's(lives in UAE) spousal sponsorship which was received on February 15, 2022. Acknowledging receipt for the application was on April 26, 2022. I can't seem to register my application to the IRCC account even though I received the UCI & Application #, keeps saying that there is an error.
The new PR tracker had worked for me (https://prt-srp.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/ ) but not the IRCC
I wanted to know if it is necessary to link your application to the IRCC account or would we receive all notifications through e-mail?
My wife/Principal applicant hasn't gotten any email at all, only I as the sponsor have received an email for the AOR.
From the previous threads that i have read, usually the principal applicant receives the Medical request and biometrics around the same time as the AOR, and we haven't received anything as of today (May 12, 2022).
Is it important that the principal applicant receives a separate email with the UCI# and such (because i have heard that the sponsor's and principal's applicant details on the PR Tracker are different, and only the principal applicant would receive request for their medicals and biometrics) or would all details be corresponded through the sponsors email as well?
Any help would be appreciated!
It is not uncommon for PA to get their AOR and UCI after the Sponsor, don't stress out too much that she has not received anything yet. They may not have all the details in their system yet in order for you to be able to link the application especially the fact your wife has not received the temporary application number (there isnt technically an application to link yet as it has not been started)

If they request Biometrics, Medical or anything like that (after PA receives application number) and the application has not yet been linked to a GCKEY account, they will know that, all communication is always sent to PAs email regardless or linking application to GCKEY. They only received the application 3 months ago so you are still very early on in the application. I was Inland common law which is typically faster than outland and i didnt get asked for medical till over 4 months.
You will both have a different UCI numbers.
Again, you guys are still very very early on in the process and nothing so far is out of normal process (what even is normal with IRCC) so you have noting to start worrying about, your wife should soon get her AOR and a temp application number, when that comes in, it can then be linked to the GCKEY but I do believe only one email (either PA or Sponsor) can link the application to their account.

Here is a good link for you that might answer a few of your burning questions
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-link-an-application-to-cic-account-step-by-step-instruction.619724/page-14

Reactions: SponsorUAE

I will

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Outland paper sponsorship

Jan 26, 2022 - Application sent
Jan 28, 2022 - Received at CPC Sydney
April 6, 2022 - AOR
april 13 ,2022 - medical request
April 13, 2022 - sponsor approval
April 19, 2022 -start processing
April 20, 2022 - request RPRF( landing fee) fee
May 2, 2022 - done medical
May 9 ,2022 - medical updated

Bee1236373

May 13, 2022
Hey guys i need help. I was denied refugee and applying for my refugee appeal in next week. However i have spousal sponsorship in progress and i got AOR already medical and biometrics done. Unfortunately i have immigration warrant under my name. Whats gonna be the consequences. Please let me know. Any help would be appericiated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys i need help. I was denied refugee and applying for my refugee appeal in next week. However i have spousal sponsorship in progress and i got AOR already medical and biometrics done. Unfortunately i have immigration warrant under my name. Whats gonna be the consequences. Please let me know. Any help would be appericiated.
Post your question to the Refugee / Asylum section of the forum. This is where topics like this are discussed and you'll get the best answers.

gillnavi

Mar 9, 2022
Hello, I applied to sponser my husband in December, received AOR and medical request on Feb 23. Since then I am not able to link the file to gckey. Also, his background check was completed on April 9 as per the tracker. eligibility not started yet. Sponser eligibility is still not approved. Reading other people threads seems like sponser eligibilty got approved just after AOR. I am bit scared now. And no idea about OWP whether they start processing it or not. Anybody else here having same concerns?

Mrmoody90

May 25, 2017
Hey everyone,

February 2021 applicant.

I received AOR/Application number on May 10th, so I checked the status online and it’s say “in process” (application was received on Feb 21)

Received another email on May 13th,

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of ———— and family (if applicable).

A refund in the amount of $215.00 has been initiated. If you paid by credit card, it will be credited back to your credit card account. Otherwise, a cheque will be mailed to you at the address indicated above in approximately six weeks to eight weeks.

Contact Information

For information about Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)programs and services, application forms, or general updates on your file status, visit our web site at www.cic.gc.ca.”

I’m really confused can anyone please help
Thanks

mlampman

Oct 1, 2020
Outland Spousal Sponsorship

May 12, 2021 Application received
Oct 11, 2021 Complete your immigration medical exam
Oct 12, 2021 Medical exam status has been updated to In progress
Nov 18, 2021 We need more information for your medical exam
Jan 18, 2022 Medical exam status has been updated to Completed
Jan 19, 2022 Eligibility status has been updated to In progress
Mar 31, 2022 Eligibility status has been updated to Completed
Mar 31, 2022 Background verification status has been updated to In progress
Mar 31, 2022 Invitation to pre-arrival services

No update since, medical completed, eligibility completed and with invitation to pre-arrival services. Still background check in progress. Any idea what this means for me?? Or how long you would think until I get passport request?

*CLARO2020*

Oct 16, 2020
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-08-2020
AOR Received.
2021-05-06
File Transfer...
07-05-2021
Med's Request
06-28-2021
Med's Done....
24-01-2022
Passport Req..
07-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2022
Hey everyone,

February 2021 applicant.

I received AOR/Application number on May 10th, so I checked the status online and it’s say “in process” (application was received on Feb 21)

Received another email on May 13th,

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of ———— and family (if applicable).

A refund in the amount of $215.00 has been initiated. If you paid by credit card, it will be credited back to your credit card account. Otherwise, a cheque will be mailed to you at the address indicated above in approximately six weeks to eight weeks.

Contact Information

For information about Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)programs and services, application forms, or general updates on your file status, visit our web site at www.cic.gc.ca.”

I’m really confused can anyone please help
Thanks
More info needed:
1. How much did you originally pay?
2. How many people did you sponsor, and their relationship to you? (# Adults and #children)?

Prabhgillz

Oct 29, 2020
27 jan 2020 applicant..
Aug 2021 remedical passed
Sep 2021 eligibility in progress
16 feb got interview schedule
14 march 22...interview done
. After that no pre arrival.
11 may 2022.got Decision made on ecas
11 may after 3hour Eligibility completed in NEW tracker and background verification completed..
my Q is if our eligibility completed and decision made in eCAS it means approved our application or not?? Bcz my visa officer said on interview day i will give you my decision after one month..plz tell