01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

SponsorUAE

May 3, 2022
Hi Everyone,
I am a Canadian citizen and have applied(paper copy) for my wife's(lives in UAE) spousal sponsorship which was received on February 15, 2022. Acknowledging receipt for the application was on April 26, 2022. I can't seem to register my application to the IRCC account even though I received the UCI & Application #, keeps saying that there is an error.
The new PR tracker had worked for me (https://prt-srp.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/ ) but not the IRCC
I wanted to know if it is necessary to link your application to the IRCC account or would we receive all notifications through e-mail?
My wife/Principal applicant hasn't gotten any email at all, only I as the sponsor have received an email for the AOR.
From the previous threads that i have read, usually the principal applicant receives the Medical request and biometrics around the same time as the AOR, and we haven't received anything as of today (May 08, 2022).
Is it important that the principal applicant receives a separate email with the UCI# and such (because i have heard that the sponsor's and principal's applicant details on the PR Tracker are different, and only the principal applicant would receive request for their medicals and biometrics) or would all details be corresponded through the sponsors email as well?
Any help would be appreciated!

Safa7214

May 8, 2022
HI All,

I have submitted my spousal application on October 2021 and till now I havent got any AOR's/email's from IRCC.
It was online.

The problem Im facing now is, Im unable to login to and check the status online from which I have submitted my spousal application, also unable to reset the password as well. Raised multiple web-forms, But nu luck.
Can someone please guide me :-(
Hey how are you able to login and check the status without an AOR? To my knowledge we need an application number/UCI number to even create an account for application status correct? If we dint have that we just have to wait for the AOR to actually see anything

Parmeet kaur67

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Hello Everyone, As I am applying for spousal application for my husband, he is in India and I am a canadian Pr. I have a question regarding his employment. Do we need to provide employment letter for his job? He actually do a job related to Dairy sector and it is more personalized business not under any employer and as it is under agricultural sector, In India, you do not need to pay taxes for the same, so he never paid even any taxes. Please let me know if he needs to prove his employment for spousal sponsorship or just mentioning in personal history would be fine. Any help from you would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello Everyone, As I am applying for spousal application for my husband, he is in India and I am a canadian Pr. I have a question regarding his employment. Do we need to provide employment letter for his job? He actually do a job related to Dairy sector and it is more personalized business not under any employer and as it is under agricultural sector, In India, you do not need to pay taxes for the same, so he never paid even any taxes. Please let me know if he needs to prove his employment for spousal sponsorship or just mentioning in personal history would be fine. Any help from you would be highly appreciated. Thank you.
I'd suggest reading the instructions. Does it request proof of employment?

Jacornejo20

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
Hola
Una consulta para realizar la solicitud de visa de visita para cónyuge, debo crear una cuenta en GCKEY y de ahí aplicar, tomando en cuenta que ya tengo la demanda de la visa permanente.

Hago esta pregunta porque veo que hay otra forma de entrar por el portal de IRCC, y hay otras preguntas, etc.

Simplitario

Star Member
May 4, 2022
Employment letter is not needed from him, but mention clearly about the business in details. You might have to send your latest NOA.

naaka

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
Hi, hope you are all ok
My spouse wants to sponsor me as a common law partner....but
1. I am a failed refugee claimant at all stages actually just expecting a call from CBSA anytime.
2. We lived together for 3 months and she left becoz of another partner she found. So we don't have 12months on same address and are still living apart
3. We got back and do so many things together though we don't have a joint account

How would our situation be considered in terms of approval?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, hope you are all ok
My spouse wants to sponsor me as a common law partner....but
1. I am a failed refugee claimant at all stages actually just expecting a call from CBSA anytime.
2. We lived together for 3 months and she left becoz of another partner she found. So we don't have 12months on same address and are still living apart
3. We got back and do so many things together though we don't have a joint account

How would our situation be considered in terms of approval?
Are you married?

If you are still living apart, I don't see any chances of approval.

naaka

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
Are you married?

If you are still living apart, I don't see any chances of approval.
Not married like I said it's common law
Not living together but spend weekends and holidays together. We have supporting reasons of not living together

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Not married like I said it's common law
Not living together but spend weekends and holidays together. We have supporting reasons of not living together
In that case she can't sponsor you.

You aren't common law. To be common law you must have lived together for at least 1 year continuously and have the evidence to prove it. There are no exceptions to this rule. It doesn't matter what the reasons are for not living together.

Reactions: YVR123

naaka

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020

You aren't common law. To be common law you must have lived together for at least 1 year continuously and have the evidence to prove it. There are no exceptions to this rule. It doesn't matter what the reasons are for not living together.
Oh ok
Thanks so much

naaka

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020

So would marriage be a better option?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So would marriage be a better option?
Marriage would allow her to sponsor you as long as you are living together full time (not just on weekends and holidays).

If you aren't living together full time, there really aren't any options for her to sponsor you.

Reactions: naaka