+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

alwezali

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Hi,

I had applied as Married non accompanying spouse. My husband was in the US then and I was in India. The plan was that he will stay in the US for next few months till I apply for his PR. But his company transferred him(for good) and we came to canada together. He came here on a close work permit.

Its been 4 months now. I am working and can sponsor his PR now. Can anybody pls help on what best reason can i state for this inland application as in the PR we were married non-accompanying ? are there any chances of rejection ?

also how much time does open work permit take ?
Hi,

I had applied as Married non accompanying spouse. My husband was in the US then and I was in India. The plan was that he will stay in the US for next few months till I apply for his PR. But his company transferred him(for good) and we came to canada together. He came here on a close work permit.

Its been 4 months now. I am working and can sponsor his PR now. Can anybody pls help on what best reason can i state for this inland application as in the PR we were married non-accompanying ? are there any chances of rejection ?

also how much time does open work permit take ?
Hi , i am in the same boat as you, may i know if your husband’s here in Canada on visit visa? Because mine is and we are planning for his inland sponsorship.

Anne16

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Philippine
Category........
FAM
Hi good day,

Please help, was just confused. I'm trying to link our application online - Permanent Residence - Family Spouse. I'm getting an error that they found no application with the info I entered.
Who is the person referring on:
1. What program did you apply for? This includes the Family, and Given name of - Sponsor, my husband or Me the wife?
2. Applicant's other personal information - my husband's birthplace or mine - wife?

With this I submit an enquiry online at IRCC. I don't know who is the Applicant information - Sponsor, my husband or Me the wife?

Thanks in advance,

Anne

eolofernes

Jul 23, 2019
Hi good day,

Please help, was just confused. I'm trying to link our application online - Permanent Residence - Family Spouse. I'm getting an error that they found no application with the info I entered.
1. What program did you apply for? This includes the Family, and Given name of - Sponsor, my husband or Me the wife?
2. Applicant's other personal information - my husband's birthplace or mine - wife?

With this I submit an enquiry online at IRCC. I don't know who is the Applicant information - Sponsor, my husband or Me the wife?

Thanks in advance,

Anne
Referring to the person being sponsored - the applicant
If you're sponsoring your husband, he is the principal applicant

som3body

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Hi good day,

Thanks in advance,

Anne
Which ever one of you is in Canada as a Citizen or PR holder eligible to Sponsor is the Sponsor.
The spouse who is in a foreign national and not a Citizen or PR holder of Canada is the Principal Applicant.

I hope that makes it easier to understand.

lanka1204

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
London visa office
App. Filed.......
09-08-2019
Doc's Request.
13-01-2020 Military service
AOR Received.
21-10-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
29-10-2019
hi. how long it take recive passport request after finger prints? recently some one got it?

Random9465

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hi guys can someone please give me suggestion as i am really stressed i received an interview request from SYDNEY VO AUSTRALIA and i am currently in canada.. i dont know what should i do..
Do i need to fly to australia or send them an email.??
As the interview req is for my relationship with my spouse as i previously got married after DM on my application..

Please suggest me with this

kylelowry

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Hi Seniors,

My wife is the outland PA who is currently in Canada for a two weeks vacation. We just received the Biometrics Instruction Letter.

Question is, can she give her biometrics in Canada or does she have to give it in her home country after her vacation?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Seniors,

My wife is the outland PA who is currently in Canada for a two weeks vacation. We just received the Biometrics Instruction Letter.

Question is, can she give her biometrics in Canada or does she have to give it in her home country after her vacation?
She can give biometrics anywhere.

Reactions: kylelowry

som3body

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Hi Seniors,

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/where-to-give-biometrics.asp

This will give you a list of places to submit biometrics in Canada. In the filter type in Canada to eliminate all other countries.

sahra farhan

Aug 5, 2019
HI can anyone can help me i am confused i am filling up my husband forms ....and in the forms its mention the applicants and the family members....so my quest is who are the family members???? cuz when i have read the basic guides its written the family members definition is....spouse common partner, dependants or dependants of dependants... and someones tells its ur husbands parents and siblings... soo please helps me with this thanks

som3body

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
HI can anyone can help me i am confused i am filling up my husband forms ....and in the forms its mention the applicants and the family members....so my quest is who are the family members???? cuz when i have read the basic guides its written the family members definition is....spouse common partner, dependants or dependants of dependants... and someones tells its ur husbands parents and siblings... soo please helps me with this thanks
Which form? IMM_ _ _ _