May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Hello Guys,
Do i have to use the kiosk prior to seeing a CBSA agent if im connecting through toronto with my children who will be doing their pr landing? I already have PR status.

Faraz Khan

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
Does it gonna impact my PR application if I was refused to schengen visitor visa twice in last two years. I’ve never applied for Canadian visitor visa.
Thank you in advance

JBucky

Star Member
Jan 27, 2018
USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
June 29,2018
Doc's Request.
July 3,2018
AOR Received.
October 18,2018
File Transfer...
18-10-2018
Med's Request
October 25,2018
Med's Done....
October 26,2018
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 27,2019
VISA ISSUED...
December 3,2019
LANDED..........
December 15,2019
2 weeks to a month. Just checked my tracking from dhl and they picked up my passports.
They sent back my passport today. I just came home to the mail. Also they sent my COPR

Reactions: Tina556

oondun

Dec 7, 2019
Our marriage certificate has a foreign language and French (it is a bilingual official document by default). Similarly, my wife's (she is not Canadian) passport and ID has both the foreign language and English. For these documents they already have English (and French for the marriage certificate) by default but do I still need them to be translated into English by a certified translator? If so, would I also need notary stamp?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Our marriage certificate has a foreign language and French (it is a bilingual official document by default). Similarly, my wife's (she is not Canadian) passport and ID has both the foreign language and English. For these documents they already have English (and French for the marriage certificate) by default but do I still need them to be translated into English by a certified translator? If so, would I also need notary stamp?
If all fields are in English or French, no translation is necessary.

oondun

Dec 7, 2019
If all fields are in English or French, no translation is necessary.
Thank you, for the quick response.

Also, when I take a photocopy of our marriage certificate or any other documents do I need to get the notary stamp on the photocopy to prove it is a photocopy of the original document and is not altered etc?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you, for the quick response.

Also, when I take a photocopy of our marriage certificate or any other documents do I need to get the notary stamp on the photocopy to prove it is a photocopy of the original document and is not altered etc?
Only if required by your country specific guidelines.

Reactions: oondun

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
Hi,

I had applied as Married non accompanying spouse. My husband was in the US then and I was in India. The plan was that he will stay in the US for next few months till I apply for his PR. But his company transferred him(for good) and we came to canada together. He came here on a close work permit.

Its been 4 months now. I am working and can sponsor his PR now. Can anybody pls help on what best reason can i state for this inland application as in the PR we were married non-accompanying ? are there any chances of rejection ?

also how much time does open work permit take ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I had applied as Married non accompanying spouse. My husband was in the US then and I was in India. The plan was that he will stay in the US for next few months till I apply for his PR. But his company transferred him(for good) and we came to canada together. He came here on a close work permit.

Its been 4 months now. I am working and can sponsor his PR now. Can anybody pls help on what best reason can i state for this inland application as in the PR we were married non-accompanying ? are there any chances of rejection ?

also how much time does open work permit take ?
You don't need to state anything. Just apply. Provided you have strong proof of a genuine relationship, your chances are fine.

3-4 months.

Reactions: Tech_girl123

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Approximately how long on average would it take for the police check sent from the 3rd party provider to show up on gckey as received?

My spouse in Colombia did her police check and got a confirmation from the outside security company that the results were sent to CIC. These are the additional documents required listed on her gckey as needing to be submitted as nothing else has been requested.

Does this status update and change when received?

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hi everyone. So I'm back to this forum 3rd time... New application, now for my common-law partner.

As of December 3, 2019, you need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) if you’re applying within Canada as a

• foreign worker (including extending your work permit)
  • international student (including extending your study permit)
  • visa-required visitor (including extending your stay)
  • permanent resident
Interesting (I was the OP that your quoted reply was addressing ). Does this mean I will have to leave Canada to give biometrics for my PR and OWP, or will I be able to do it inland? I'll hunt around the web but just wondering if you knew offhand. Thank you!

GodBlessUsAll

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello People,

I am looking to sponsor my wife and wants to know what documents would I be needing for this purpose and can I apply it online or it needs to be done through manual forms . I am Permanent Resident here in Canada with Indian Citizenship and my wife is indian as well. I got married on November 28 , 2019 . Please advise .

Reactions: kevinmanojkumar1990

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Interesting (I was the OP that your quoted reply was addressing ). Does this mean I will have to leave Canada to give biometrics for my PR and OWP, or will I be able to do it inland? I'll hunt around the web but just wondering if you knew offhand. Thank you!
There are now inland locations, so if biometrics are required, you can do them here.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello People,

I am looking to sponsor my wife and wants to know what documents would I be needing for this purpose and can I apply it online or it needs to be done through manual forms . I am Permanent Resident here in Canada with Indian Citizenship and my wife is indian as well. I got married on November 28 , 2019 . Please advise .
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html