+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

KashishG

Oct 13, 2017
Hey guys! I am a permanent resident in Canada. If I get married in India, can I apply for my wife's open work permit since spouse sponsorship for PR takes more than a year? Is the work permit going to be faster?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey guys! I am a permanent resident in Canada. If I get married in India, can I apply for my wife's open work permit since spouse sponsorship for PR takes more than a year? Is the work permit going to be faster?
She must be in Canada and apply inland for her to get an OWP.

greycell

Jan 4, 2017
I am sponsoring my wife for permeant residence. I am a Canadian living in Canada and she is Egyptian living in Egypt. on November 5th I received a letter that says
"This message is being sent to confirm that the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s)
has been forwarded to the visa office in Cairo for further processing."

on the ECAS it says
We started processing "Name of my wife" application on November 17, 2019.

now is the letter received on November 5th considered moved to VO or AOR2?

and what does the November 17th date represent? the date they started working on the file at the VO?

etha4u

Oct 29, 2010
Visa Office......
SGVO-PER received
NOC Code......
FSW13-2147
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-06-2013
AOR Received.
11-09-2013
File Transfer...
PER:26-08-2013
Hello Leon, ALL
One of my uncle, was trying to sponsored his newly wed wife (2nd marriage). But the immigration officer is not convince that the marriage is genuine.
Now, what documentation should be submitted to proof that the marriage is genuine?

etha4u

Oct 29, 2010
Visa Office......
SGVO-PER received
NOC Code......
FSW13-2147
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-06-2013
AOR Received.
11-09-2013
File Transfer...
PER:26-08-2013
Hello, my relative has been refused for spouse visa and following letter CIC sent.
What document should be submitted for appeal? is there any post on how to appeal?

I have now completed the assessment of your permanent residence application as a member of the family class, the class in whtch you applied. havedetermined that yowdo not meerthe requirements for immigration to Canada. Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protecfion Act (IRPA) states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the tamily class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse. common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident- Paragraph 1 17(1 of the Immigration and Refügee Protection Regulations (IRPRi states that a foreign national is member of the family class if, with respect to g sponsor, the foreign national is the sponsor's spouse, eomrnon.law partner or conjugal partner. Subsection 4(1) of the IRPR states that for the purposes of thesc Regulations, a foreign national shall not be considered a spouse, a common-law partner Of a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership (a) was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act'. or (b) is not genuine Based on the assessment of your information, including your application, the supByning documentation. and the information you pmvidcd during the interview, I am not satisfied that your marriage. common-law partnership or conjugal partnership is genuine or that it was not entered into primarily tor the purpose of acquiring permanent residence in Canada. lherefore. as per the IR PR, you are not considered to be a member of the family class. Subsection I I(j) of the IRPA provides that a toreign national must, beforc entering Canada. apply to an oflicer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The 'sisa or document may be issued if, following an examinations the otiieer is satisfied thal foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requitements of this Ael, For the reasons set out above, I dtn not satisfied that you are not inadmissible and that you meet the requirements of the Act. As such, i am refusing your application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, my relative has been refused for spouse visa and following letter CIC sent.
What document should be submitted for appeal? is there any post on how to appeal?

I have now completed the assessment of your permanent residence application as a member of the family class, the class in whtch you applied. havedetermined that yowdo not meerthe requirements for immigration to Canada. Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protecfion Act (IRPA) states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the tamily class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse. common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident- Paragraph 1 17(1 of the Immigration and Refügee Protection Regulations (IRPRi states that a foreign national is member of the family class if, with respect to g sponsor, the foreign national is the sponsor's spouse, eomrnon.law partner or conjugal partner. Subsection 4(1) of the IRPR states that for the purposes of thesc Regulations, a foreign national shall not be considered a spouse, a common-law partner Of a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership (a) was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act'. or (b) is not genuine Based on the assessment of your information, including your application, the supByning documentation. and the information you pmvidcd during the interview, I am not satisfied that your marriage. common-law partnership or conjugal partnership is genuine or that it was not entered into primarily tor the purpose of acquiring permanent residence in Canada. lherefore. as per the IR PR, you are not considered to be a member of the family class. Subsection I I(j) of the IRPA provides that a toreign national must, beforc entering Canada. apply to an oflicer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The 'sisa or document may be issued if, following an examinations the otiieer is satisfied thal foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requitements of this Ael, For the reasons set out above, I dtn not satisfied that you are not inadmissible and that you meet the requirements of the Act. As such, i am refusing your application.
Would order CAIPS for more information on the reasons for refusal. Are there any red flags when it comes to the marriage? When did he get divorced? When did he get married? When did he come to Canada? How much time have they spent together in person? Did she have an interviews?

Sonali1990

Aug 25, 2017
You have to take the original and its copy to a notary public office. show them both. they will certify the copy. then take the certified copy of the original, the translated document and the affidavit of the translator( certifying that it is a true translation) and send it in
Hello,
I also have similar questions.
Does the affidavit , is also notarized or is it on A Stamp Paper.
I got a regular paper from the translater, with his details and confirming the same.

Thanks

Sonali1990

Aug 25, 2017
Hello,
I have a question, seniors please help

I am applying for my husband’s spousal application, he is residing in India.
He has 2 addresses for the same house. I mean there was just a simple address like 12 abc colony, India.
Then The government issued new house numbers for the same house.

My concern,

My husband passport has the new address, but all the other documents such as his Adhar Card, our marriage certificate, marriage invitation card, has the old address

So, when he received his PCC, obviously they mention the address what ever is on the passport.

So, Will this be an issue, as we have 2 different addresses( both the addresses are still valid as mailing address, i mean 1 address is more casual, which is easy to give to anybody, and the other one has more numbers and lanes)

will that an issue?? Or what is the best option to deal the situation, will immigration will understand this?.
Please advise, if someone has knowledge about this.
Thanks

JBucky

Star Member
Jan 27, 2018
USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
June 29,2018
Doc's Request.
July 3,2018
AOR Received.
October 18,2018
File Transfer...
18-10-2018
Med's Request
October 25,2018
Med's Done....
October 26,2018
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 27,2019
VISA ISSUED...
December 3,2019
LANDED..........
December 15,2019
Good night. Anyone knows how long it takes after passport request for them to send your passport back?

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Good night. Anyone knows how long it takes after passport request for them to send your passport back?
Still waiting for my kids passports .They were submitted on Nov 4th and Nov 15th at KGN VO

Reactions: JBucky

JBucky

Star Member
Jan 27, 2018
USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
June 29,2018
Doc's Request.
July 3,2018
AOR Received.
October 18,2018
File Transfer...
18-10-2018
Med's Request
October 25,2018
Med's Done....
October 26,2018
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 27,2019
VISA ISSUED...
December 3,2019
LANDED..........
December 15,2019
Still waiting for my kids passports .They were submitted on Nov 4th and Nov 15th at KGN VO
Lawd a God so I can put a month timeline in my head. I submitted mines the 22 of Nov they received it the 25. Sighs

Dassh

Dec 5, 2019
Hello house, please when you discovered pregnant two months after submitting application. What do you advise? Thanks