+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Baba boi

Jan 17, 2019
Hello to every one on this forum,
I'm new here and hv been reading alot of the post and replies.

I myself is also a principal applicant
And my wife is my sponsor.
So this is our entire story from start till now.

I am a Trinidad and Tobago citizen by birth my wife is a Trinidad and Tobago citizen by birth and a Canada citizen by naturalization.

We met on a online dating site on the 28th Oct 2016 and exchange phone numbers
Immediately we started texting each other via what's app and a couple days later we started calling each other

My wife being a citizen of my country by birth has some family here and she told her aunt and cousin about me and ask them to come to check me out to verify that I'm the person she's been talking to online
The aunt and cousin visit me at my parents home where I still live till now
They met with my mom and dad and brother and myself they verify whom I said I was and that I and my household family members are people of good moral character.

So after getting the approval of the aunt and cousin of my wife after I met them in person
My wife and I continue to talk,
We talked for hours at a time and would video call each other lots also
We even had phone and video call sex where we masturbate for each other and we climaxed(cum) for each other
We fell in love with each other and and started talking about marriage we used to argue and fight over the phone to ofcorse.
As time passed we did shopping for rings on video call at people diamonds in Canada because after comparing the price for what we wanted in both countries we found it cheaper at people diamonds in Canada.

So after approximately 1 month and 3 weeks my wife and her youngest child now our daughter fly accross to Trinidad and Tobago to meet, engage and get married to me as the ultimate celebration of our love

13th dec 2016
When my wife and daughter arrived at our local Piarco international airport in Trinidad she was picked up by her aunt and cousin and on her way to her aunt home where she had stayed until our wedding day she stop over at my home to meet me for the first time in person
( omg that was a wonderful day in our world)
We met we talked we went out for breakfast and came back home at my place we went into my parents room to talk private and her family and my family stayed in the living room area talking well ofcorse we made out abit also when we were by ourselves.
Then she left with her daughter,aunt and cousin to go to her aunt home.

17th Dec 2016
We all as a family hers and mine's went to a local chuck e cheese to celebrate her nephew birthday
On that occasion we exchange our engagement rings also

19 Dec 2016
We went to the local india expo to do wedding clothes shopping.

23rd Dec 2016
My wife in the company of her daughter her aunt and her two cousin came to my home where we got married legally in a small Hindu marriage ceremony
At my home my dad and mom and brother and brother wife and my wife family attended
My dad who is also a Hindu marriage officer conducted our marriage after the ceremony we ate traditional wedding food and when the guest left me and my wife went to my/our bedroom and officialy consumated our marriage ( had full sex)

After marriage we lived at my home until she return to Canada with our daughter.

We went on a 3 days honeymoon at a popular beach resort before she return to Canada also.

My wife had applied to sponsor me back in April of 2017 and continuously visited me over several months of waiting for our application to be processed and approved however we couldn't handle the separation so we withdraw our application and explain to cic that my Canadian wife was moving to my country to live.
My wife and her two youngest kid's who's also my step children
Came and we lived at my home in Trinidad and Tobago but we had to cut that short because my home country has became the 12th most dangerous place in the world in regards to murders
So my wife return to Canada where she owns her own home and re applied to sponsor me .
Now because my wife don't work at the moment because she was involved in 3 consecutive motor accidents and the last of the 3 is in the process of being settled in Canada. She travels to and from Canada and Trinidad frequently to visit me until this application is approved.

We have submitted many photos and marriage certificate and what's app screenshots and call logs of ongoing communication and a letter from my dad saying that my wife lived with us in Trinidad and Tobago from Dec 19th 2017 to June 19th 2018.

My concern really is about how we met online on a dating site and got married less than 2 months after on our first in person meeting may be a huge red flag for cic.

Can you guy's share your opinion with me based on the above facts on our relationshipand marriage and after marriage relationship

I am open to every one's opinion but will like the opinion of leon and canuck in the uk mostly please

Last edited:

smomen

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Hi there,

Just have a quick question. I sent my spouse’s application last week. I have a permanent full time job now. However, if I quit this now or got laid off, will that impact the application? Is there any specific policy regarding that?

Thanks so much!

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hi there,

Just have a quick question. I sent my spouse’s application last week. I have a permanent full time job now. However, if I quit this now or got laid off, will that impact the application? Is there any specific policy regarding that?

Thanks so much!
It won't impact the application.

Jmercieca26

Jan 15, 2019
There's no minimum requirement for the principal applicant to spend any time in Canada specifically before being sponsored. It's about you two spending time together/visiting, regardless of where it happens. Have you had visits during your relationship?
Yes we just came back from a trip to toronto for a week together, shes looking to come to B.C in a month or two and was hoping to start the process then.

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018

I am a Trinidad and Tobago citizen by birth my wife is a Trinidad and Tobago citizen by birth and a Canada citizen by naturalization.

Immediately we started texting each other via what's app and a couple days later we started calling each other

My wife being a citizen of my country by birth has some family here and she told her aunt and cousin about me and ask them to come to check me out to verify that I'm the person she's been talking to online
They met with my mom and dad and brother and myself they verify whom I said I was and that I and my household family members are people of good moral character.

So after getting the approval of the aunt and cousin of my wife after I met them in person
We even had phone and video call sex where we masturbate for each other and we climaxed(cum) for each other
We fell in love with each other and and started talking about marriage we used to argue and fight over the phone to ofcorse.
As time passed we did shopping for rings on video call at people diamonds in Canada because after comparing the price for what we wanted in both countries we found it cheaper at people diamonds in Canada.

So after approximately 1 month and 3 weeks my wife and her youngest child now our daughter fly accross to Trinidad and Tobago to meet, engage and get married to me as the ultimate celebration of our love

13th dec 2016
When my wife and daughter arrived at our local Piarco international airport in Trinidad she was picked up by her aunt and cousin and on her way to her aunt home where she had stayed until our wedding day she stop over at my home to meet me for the first time in person
We met we talked we went out for breakfast and came back home at my place we went into my parents room to talk private and her family and my family stayed in the living room area talking well ofcorse we made out abit also when we were by ourselves.

17th Dec 2016
We all as a family hers and mine's went to a local chuck e cheese to celebrate her nephew birthday

19 Dec 2016

23rd Dec 2016
My wife in the company of her daughter her aunt and her two cousin came to my home where we got married legally in a small Hindu marriage ceremony
At my home my dad and mom and brother and brother wife and my wife family attended
My dad who is also a Hindu marriage officer conducted our marriage after the ceremony we ate traditional wedding food and when the guest left me and my wife went to my/our bedroom and officialy consumated our marriage ( had full sex)

After marriage we lived at my home until she return to Canada with our daughter.

We went on a 3 days honeymoon at a popular beach resort before she return to Canada also.

My wife had applied to sponsor me back in April of 2017 and continuously visited me over several months of waiting for our application to be processed and approved however we couldn't handle the separation so we withdraw our application and explain to cic that my Canadian wife was moving to my country to live.
Came and we lived at my home in Trinidad and Tobago but we had to cut that short because my home country has became the 12th most dangerous place in the world in regards to murders
So my wife return to Canada where she owns her own home and re applied to sponsor me .
Now because my wife don't work at the moment because she was involved in 3 consecutive motor accidents and the last of the 3 is in the process of being settled in Canada. She travels to and from Canada and Trinidad frequently to visit me until this application is approved.

We have submitted many photos and marriage certificate and what's app screenshots and call logs of ongoing communication and a letter from my dad saying that my wife lived with us in Trinidad and Tobago from Dec 19th 2017 to June 19th 2018.

My concern really is about how we met online on a dating site and got married less than 2 months after on our first in person meeting may be a huge red flag for cic.

Can you guy's share your opinion with me based on the above facts on our relationshipand marriage and after marriage relationship

I am open to every one's opinion but will like the opinion of leon and canuck in the uk mostly please

Did u seriously need to tell a whole forum about your private sex life and consummation of marriage or u just trolling? it sure made my jaw drop, then laugh.
anyway, in my opinion, theres some OBVIOUS red flags, being married after talking on the phone for 2 months, etc you know they are there as well. just make sure to show as much proof as you can.
In my opinion, she shouldnt have withdrawn the 1st application. Being a Canadian citizen, she could have gone to live with you while the application was in process.
She will have to show how she intends on supporting you when u arrive to canada financially, so if shes not working now, she should show proof of savings etc.
You may be asked for further proof, nobody can really say for sure, as it is up to the officer who is working on your file. you can order gcms notes at some point to see what concerns there are. You may be asked for interview, you may not.
The red flags are there, but who are we to know really, as long as you have proof of what they ask for, you should be ok.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017

13th dec 2016

17th Dec 2016

19 Dec 2016

23rd Dec 2016

Nobody needs or wants to hear about the details of your intimacy. It's extremely inappropriate and unnecessary.

Davinder2122

Jan 18, 2019
Hllo sir i apply my open work permit and got ppr request on 11th jan 2019 and submit my psprt to vsf on 14th of jan and psprt submit on 15th jan at chandigharh embassy can u pls tell me how much it will take to stamp the visa and one more thing to clear is ppr request mean approval or not?

Kaur Gurpreet

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS transfer to New Delhi may 11,2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2015
Doc's Request.
Mar 02, 2016
Nomination.....
24-04-2015
AOR Received.
20-08-2015
IELTS Request
Attached
File Transfer...
May 11, 2016
Med's Request
March 3, 2016
Med's Done....
Mar 11, 2016
Passport Req..
Apr07,2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar31,2017
LANDED..........
May 05,2017
Hllo sir i apply my open work permit and got ppr request on 11th jan 2019 and submit my psprt to vsf on 14th of jan and psprt submit on 15th jan at chandigharh embassy can u pls tell me how much it will take to stamp the visa and one more thing to clear is ppr request mean approval or not?
Maximum time to return your passport 2 weeks in 99.9% cases. Yes it means its approved

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My brother lives here in Montreal. His wife lives overseas. Documents that are issued by her Government such as civil status certificate and police report etc.
The ICC says "issued in the last six months" But I just want to make sure that someone has gone through this. My other question is whether I can drop by a local ICC office here (Montreal) and show the application before we mail it to the processing office.
Civil status certificate should be fine. I would not submit a PCC that it more than 6 months old for a country she still lives in.

No, you can't go to a local office to show the app.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I have a question to ask regarding spouse sponsorship. If my spouse who is sponsoring me is currently on welfare support. It has only been 2 months cause he was retrenched. How long must he be off the support in order to put in the application for sponsorship?
There is no minimum amount of time to be off welfare. However, the longer, the better. Applying when having been recently on welfare leads to a much higher scrutiny of finances and the ability to support yourselves.

Reactions: Yuba

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

13th dec 2016

17th Dec 2016

19 Dec 2016

23rd Dec 2016

Seriously, absolutely no one wants to read the details of your sex life. Edit your post.

Yes, you have red flags. However, the fact that she and her children lived with you in your country for awhile can offset that.

Reactions: MihaiS

canrediff

Jan 14, 2019
Hello All,
I have a question about financially dependent of sponsor. My son is 21 and I am the sponsor. He is in post secondary program. He stays with me but I don't pay his school fees as he gets OSAP.
Do I need to mention him as my financial dependent.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello All,
I have a question about financially dependent of sponsor. My son is 21 and I am the sponsor. He is in post secondary program. He stays with me but I don't pay his school fees as he gets OSAP.
Do I need to mention him as my financial dependent.
Unless he is 100% financially independent and pays you rent, yes, he is your dependent.