+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

meolshan

Jan 7, 2019
Hello everyone,

This has been a great forum. Thanks for all your help. I am almost in the final stages of completing the application. I have just received signed forms from my spouse. And printing out other documents. I'd request your help with the following questions:

1. In form IMM0008, my spouse has filled in my email address in her contact details section. Is it ok or do we need to change this to her email address? I am wondering as in form IMM5406 (additional family), she has filled in her email address. In any case, she has authorized me as a representative.

2. If we make this change, I might have to ask her to sign form IMM0008 and scan me a copy as getting it mailed would take 7-10 days. Is scanned/photocopy of signed forms is acceptable? Or we can only submit original signed forms.

3. In form IMM 5406 (use of a representative), she has authorized me as representative. Do I need to sign this form also under sponsor's sign or only she needs to sign as she is the one authorizing.

4. Regarding photos, should we print photos at Walmart/staples. Or even photos printed on A4 paper are also acceptable. How many photos would you recommend to submit as checklist says maximum 20?

5. In checklist, Ques. 7, proof of relationship to sponsor - It asks to provide evidence to support your relationship. It asks to provide "proof of past cohabitation if you are not living together now but did at one point in the past". -------- What do you suggest can be provided as the evidence of this? We have mails, family photos, bank statements, my travel tickets etc.

Sorry for asking so many questions. I am quite lost and would really appreciate your reply.

Thanks much

Last edited:

JenenePersad

Oct 19, 2018
Brampton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
POS
App. Filed.......
25-07-2018
AOR Received.
15-11-2018
File Transfer...
06-02-2019
Med's Request
11-02-2019
Med's Done....
21-02-2019
Passport Req..
08-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
12/04/2019
Hello everyone!

I've been reading through the posts and I'm looking to see if anyone has had a similar experience to mine so far. Nerves are definitely getting the best of me at the moment lol.

My husband is from Trinidad and I am from Canada. My application required me to send in the police check at the beginning but wait for the request for the medical to be done. Hopefully there is someone

My timeline is as follows:
Outland sponsorship submitted: July 25 2018
Acknowledgment of receipt: November 15 2018
Approval of sponsorship: November 21 2018
Transfer to Mexico for processing: January 17 2019

Itza1979

Jan 20, 2019
Hello,
I have a question about receiving a letter of acknowledgment. We sent your application in July and according to the tracking it was received on July 16th. I've been reading some forums and some people say that the average time to get some kind of first communication is 6-8 weeks but so far we haven't got anything. A couple we know who also send their application around the same date got an email 6 weeks later and also got their application returned coz it was incomplete. But they sent it back and got a letter of acknowledgment recently. After hearing this we started to get a little worried since we haven't got anything yet. I live in Colombia and I'm applying from here. Mu husband and I have lived and travelled in different countries. We included all this information on the application . We don't really know what's going on and who can we ask about it. I'd appreciate any info I could get here. Thanks a lot

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hello,
I have a question about receiving a letter of acknowledgment. We sent your application in July and according to the tracking it was received on July 16th. I've been reading some forums and some people say that the average time to get some kind of first communication is 6-8 weeks but so far we haven't got anything. A couple we know who also send their application around the same date got an email 6 weeks later and also got their application returned coz it was incomplete. But they sent it back and got a letter of acknowledgment recently. After hearing this we started to get a little worried since we haven't got anything yet. I live in Colombia and I'm applying from here. Mu husband and I have lived and travelled in different countries. We included all this information on the application . We don't really know what's going on and who can we ask about it. I'd appreciate any info I could get here. Thanks a lot
If you are out of Canada, may write a letter to them to the Sydney address, since phoning from out of Canada is not possible unless you may try SKYPE which lets you dial 800 numbers. I am sure they will help you. Also try logging on ECAS with your payment Receipt number. I did that successfully be4 getting an AOR. July to now 7 months = too late. :( I am sure it is a matter of communication to wrong addresses/emails and they must have started working on file.
May also try this link using web-form . IChose>Sponsorship , it will ask you DOB Names etc. but asking 4 APP no. or UCI but is not required:-
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Itza1979

Jan 20, 2019
Oh I've tried several times to sign in to ECAS but without success. My receipt number starts with and R instead of a B. I've filled out my info, my husband's info and always says that there's no file with the info sumbitted.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Hello,
I have a question about receiving a letter of acknowledgment. We sent your application in July and according to the tracking it was received on July 16th. I've been reading some forums and some people say that the average time to get some kind of first communication is 6-8 weeks but so far we haven't got anything. A couple we know who also send their application around the same date got an email 6 weeks later and also got their application returned coz it was incomplete. But they sent it back and got a letter of acknowledgment recently. After hearing this we started to get a little worried since we haven't got anything yet. I live in Co7lombia and I'm applying from here. Mu husband and I have lived and travelled in different countries. We included all this information on the application . We don't really know what's going on and who can we ask about it. I'd appreciate any info I could get here. Thanks a lot
I would definitely send them mail on "webform" here's the link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Hello everyone,

This has been a great forum. Thanks for all your help. I am almost in the final stages of completing the application. I have just received signed forms from my spouse. And printing out other documents. I'd request your help with the following questions:

1. In form IMM0008, my spouse has filled in my email address in her contact details section. Is it ok or do we need to change this to her email address? I am wondering as in form IMM5406 (additional family), she has filled in her email address. In any case, she has authorized me as a representative.

2. If we make this change, I might have to ask her to sign form IMM0008 and scan me a copy as getting it mailed would take 7-10 days. Is scanned/photocopy of signed forms is acceptable? Or we can only submit original signed forms.

3. In form IMM 5406 (use of a representative), she has authorized me as representative. Do I need to sign this form also under sponsor's sign or only she needs to sign as she is the one authorizing.

4. Regarding photos, should we print photos at Walmart/staples. Or even photos printed on A4 paper are also acceptable. How many photos would you recommend to submit as checklist says maximum 20?

5. In checklist, Ques. 7, proof of relationship to sponsor - It asks to provide evidence to support your relationship. It asks to provide "proof of past cohabitation if you are not living together now but did at one point in the past". -------- What do you suggest can be provided as the evidence of this? We have mails, family photos, bank statements, my travel tickets etc.

Sorry for asking so many questions. I am quite lost and would really appreciate your reply.

Thanks much
1. I wouldn't worry about the email. It's only used for the corrospondence.
2. I THINK scan is okay, but v wait for confirmation
3. Has to be signed by both
4. Send max 20. (the best you have) abd you can print from your own computer
5. Do you or did you ever live together? Do you have bills in both names? Insurance policies for each other? Rental agreements? Joint bank accounts? These are things to prove that lived with or are living together

Itza1979

Jan 20, 2019
You mean trying to link the paper application? I've done that too not nothing, it looks as if my application hasn't even started to be processed and I'm wondering why

Chady afara

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
Hello everyone just one question in 2016 my wife principal applicant applied for a visitor visa and was denied because of family ties to canada in my family sponsorship application we mentioned that... they recieved my application oct 22 2018 and we got AOR janurary 16 2019 but will that denied visa be a risk in my application

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Hello everyone just one question in 2016 my wife principal applicant applied for a visitor visa and was denied because of family ties to canada in my family sponsorship application we mentioned that... they recieved my application oct 22 2018 and we got AOR janurary 16 2019 but will that denied visa be a risk in my application
No. Your application will be approved based on the genuineness of your relationship. Many people attempt a visit visa before applying. It being denied is common and will have no effect on your application