+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

MihaiS

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
Everything has been done as per regulations. All documents have been translated and notarized. I am asking about the dates on the documents (Sep. 7th 2018) and whether ICC will consider them to be too old.
Not sure, anyone else can answer guys??? I don't have aor so can't give you an answer, sorry

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi @canuck_in_uk ,

Thanks for your prompt response.

2. I mean how can I proof I go back for funeral when applying for sponsorship?

3. My visa expires on March 18th. If I leave this week and come back in two weeks before my visitor visa expires, will it be a problem? Because last time the custom officer told me I am not supposed to leave until my visa expires, I am very confused. If I come back in two weeks, what can I say to the custom? I am from a visa- exempt country.

Thanks for your help!
2. You don't need to prove it. Just keep the visit short.

3. Still don't understand. You don't even have a visa, so what are you asking? If you have a valid eTA, just just come back.

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,
We are in process of applying for Spousal PR. There is question in Background declaration if you have a serious disease or mental/physical disorder. Will hemophilia A, blood disorder. fall under serious disease. does this question to be answered yes or it can be directly told in the medicals. There is no impact on day today life currently with this condition.
Please advise. Is there anyone in the forum with this experience.
Yes, declare it. It will not affect the app.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Guys, I'm in Canada (PR) and my gf is in US. We're planning to go to a court in the US to get our marriage registered. This will get us the marriage certificate required for spousal sponsorship. My question is regarding the proof that we need to provide.

Will the certificate from US court suffice? Or do we need some marriage photos of rituals we perform as per Hindu/Indian culture?
I have heard that file goes to NDVO and they ask for the photos of marriage as per hindu rituals. Is that correct?
A court marriage without the traditional ceremonies is a red flag, as it is outside the cultural norms for India. Do the ceremonies.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey everybody, I'm currently living in Japan and looking to sponsor my wife (Japanese). I've lived here for almost 6 years, and whenever I've done my taxes in Canada I've always had to use my parents current address which is in Quebec... neither of us have any intention on living in Quebec, our plan is to begin living in Ontario immediately.

Does anyone know if there is a way to reflect this on our application to avoid the extra Quebec steps altogether? I don't speak any French at all...

I have a family member who lives in Ontario that is offering to let me use their address/stay there while we get settled, but I'm just worried since I've been using this Quebec address for taxes all these years it's going to cause us some problems.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Where did you previously live in Canada? They will look at the address history that you provide.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Everything has been done as per regulations. All documents have been translated and notarized. I am asking about the dates on the documents (Sep. 7th 2018) and whether ICC will consider them to be too old.
Which documents?

steve1975

Jan 16, 2019
Which documents?
My brother lives here in Montreal. His wife lives overseas. Documents that are issued by her Government such as civil status certificate and police report etc.
The ICC says "issued in the last six months" But I just want to make sure that someone has gone through this. My other question is whether I can drop by a local ICC office here (Montreal) and show the application before we mail it to the processing office.

Jmercieca26

Jan 15, 2019
What would be the minimum time spent in canada for my spouse to be sponsored by me? She lives across country in the states and its extremely hard for us to take time off work and for her to travel here.

Yuba

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Hi,

I have a question to ask regarding spouse sponsorship. If my spouse who is sponsoring me is currently on welfare support. It has only been 2 months cause he was retrenched. How long must he be off the support in order to put in the application for sponsorship?

akita-dw

Jan 15, 2019
Where did you previously live in Canada? They will look at the address history that you provide.
I was living in Ottawa while studying (Uni), but my permanent address was in Quebec.

They only ask where you lived for the past 5 years on the application though, and I've lived in Japan for 6 now. My only link to Quebec that is left is that that's where my taxes were filed from while I've been abroad. I have an address where I will be living upon returning to Canada though, and that's in Ottawa. I'm also working to change my address to this one with revenue Canada before the application.

I'm just worried they'll make us go through the Quebec step because of the past 5 years of taxes filed from my parents place in Quebec.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I was living in Ottawa while studying (Uni), but my permanent address was in Quebec.

They only ask where you lived for the past 5 years on the application though, and I've lived in Japan for 6 now. My only link to Quebec that is left is that that's where my taxes were filed from while I've been abroad. I have an address where I will be living upon returning to Canada though, and that's in Ottawa. I'm also working to change my address to this one with revenue Canada before the application.

I'm just worried they'll make us go through the Quebec step because of the past 5 years of taxes filed from my parents place in Quebec.
Then you should be fine. Include a letter from the person offering you a place to stay in Ontario.

Reactions: akita-dw

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
What would be the minimum time spent in canada for my spouse to be sponsored by me? She lives across country in the states and its extremely hard for us to take time off work and for her to travel here.
There's no minimum requirement for the principal applicant to spend any time in Canada specifically before being sponsored. It's about you two spending time together/visiting, regardless of where it happens. Have you had visits during your relationship?