+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Ali06

Aug 5, 2018
Turkey
Category........
Hi there . I just need to some ınformation about my case. I am May applicant and 10 days ago I had a phone interview. Then, I did not get any news from government. only guess when ı get news ? now ı am in IP2 step

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada
Hi there . I just need to some ınformation about my case. I am May applicant and 10 days ago I had a phone interview. Then, I did not get any news from government. only guess when ı get news ? now ı am in IP2 step
Phone interview for what? Can you please elaborate and share your timeline for better understanding?

Reactions: CanadianGoosee

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Some of the people I know have restored their PR status after not pursing it which cancelled their status (but I think it doesn't fall under renunciation). Thanks for the age correction.
There is no Restoration of PR status. If a person is no longer a PR, they must qualify and apply for PR status from scratch.

sofiajohns12

Sep 27, 2011
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-09-2007
Doc's Request.
26-06-2010
Med's Done....
27-11-2010 and 18-12-2011
Interview........
26-10-2011
Passport Req..
17-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2012
guys, anybody with the status "not applicable" under "review of additional documents"?
The additional documents that we had submitted were police certificates (multiple), schd A, and medical. Medical says passed.
WE recd pre-arrival last week, it says we are processing your background check. Till yesterday review of additional documents said "the additional documents you provided have been uploaded". But today it changed to "not applicable".

HannahZM

Aug 27, 2018
Well Next step would be pre arrival hopefully next month (depending on your visa office). London Visa office (LVO) is working on February 2018 applications, so you are next :)[/QUOTE

Could you please explain what do you mean by London visa office is working on February 2018, so I could be next ???

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada
Really appreciate your reply.
CIC is very unpredictable. And when you talk about London Visa office, it's beyond unpredictable lol. Generally I would not worry about my file till it passes 12 months which is the official time. If you get it early, its bonus for you.

Now regarding the March 2018 applicants, I have seen alot of February 2018 applicants getting DMs this month, and they work on files sequentially. So next is March, April which is highly likely to be processed in December, January time period. Stay positive :)

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada
But again, there is no set rule. It's my personal opinion based on my experience and applicants getting DMs. Every case is different, and BGC is completely third party owned process, which can lengthen the whole process to a next level.

Pennywise101

Star Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
Well Next step would be pre arrival hopefully next month (depending on your visa office). London Visa office (LVO) is working on February 2018 applications, so you are next :)
Hello,

How can I find out which month the Paris visa office is working on?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
guys, anybody with the status "not applicable" under "review of additional documents"?
The additional documents that we had submitted were police certificates (multiple), schd A, and medical. Medical says passed.
WE recd pre-arrival last week, it says we are processing your background check. Till yesterday review of additional documents said "the additional documents you provided have been uploaded". But today it changed to "not applicable".
This sounds like U R worry Free, except looking around for an Air ticket in advance :) Remember back ground can take few days to months depending on how many other countries were visited by applicant. :)

ReyClyde

Nov 19, 2018
Hello,

This is my first time posting here and i just need your help guys. It`s been 7 months since i applied my wife and my son for a sponsorship, i passed it last May 30, 2018 and after a month we received an update that the Sponsorship Application Status are already been decided and they sent the papers to the immigration of Canada in the Philippines. And on July 12, 2018 they sent an email for my wife and son medical examination. My wife finished already her medical but after 2 months of waiting for some internet issues in the Philippines my wife didn't saw that they were asking for my son`s medical too and we got so worried but i called here in IRCC and they told me that as long as the doctor will gonna accept the medical form even the date are far behind my son can still undergo for the medical examination. My son finished his medical examination last September 27, 2018 but until now we didn`t receive any update. One of my mom`s friend sponsored her family too and they were already here in Canada she applied last June 2018, the thing is i applied first but they`ve got their approval first, I know one of the reasons that my sponsorship application got delayed is because of the medical examination of my son but it`s been almost 2 months since my son did his medical examination, my son is waiting for me this Christmas but i cant just go because i am waiting for their papers to get approve and i only have 1 month vacation leave at my work, any suggestions or any help will be appreciated. :)

sofiajohns12

Sep 27, 2011
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-09-2007
Doc's Request.
26-06-2010
Med's Done....
27-11-2010 and 18-12-2011
Interview........
26-10-2011
Passport Req..
17-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2012
This sounds like U R worry Free, except looking around for an Air ticket in advance :) Remember back ground can take few days to months depending on how many other countries were visited by applicant. :)
Its just UAE where he currently resides. 0 visits to other countries.

Rouble

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,

I received passport request for my wife's PR application today. I have a question. My wife is already in Canada on a visitor visa. Obviously she can't send the passport to New Delhi Visa office because she is in Canada. We will have to send it to Ottawa. Right? Is there a procedure to notify NDVO that we will be sending the passport to ottawa and not to New Delhi office? I am worried because the email states that " Your passports and photos must be received by the visa office in New Delhi within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to comply with this request could result in the refusal of your application. Please include a copy of this letter along with your submission".
How will NDVO know that information ? Please advise!