+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Can anyone explain where I'm at? What's the difference between security check and criminality?

application received Jan 10, 2017.

It was refused Jan 19, 2018 and re-opened Sept 4, 2018.

The standard processing time of 12 months does not apply in this non-routine file.

Sponsor and applicant eligibility has been met.

Security checks were initiated Oct 23, 2018 and are in progress. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

Criminality has not started.

Medicals are valid until Oct 12, 2019.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello all,

I am a Canadian citizen and I have a question to senior members regarding my daughter. The back ground for the question is as follows

We have got PR for the whole family in 2011 including my daughter. We all got our PR card as well. Subsequently my daughter got married in 2012 and moved to Singapore. She got her citizenship in Singapore. After getting her citizenship she cancelled her Canadian PR. She has 2 kids now. They both are Singapore citizens as well. Now there is some misunderstanding with her spouse and would like to move to Canada with the 2 children.

Can I sponsor my daughter and her kids to move to Canada permanently?

Please respond.
No, you can't sponsor her. She needs to qualify on her own to immigrate.

Yes ofcourse
Incorrect.

Reactions: Ahmed15

priteshhi

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
11-03-2016
Nomination.....
07-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2016
LANDED..........
01-02-2017
Thanks guys, 27 April got PPR request. I just gor an email with instructions. Is this how we get it?

Do i just take the email print to vfs.
I was expecting a PDF attachment..

Nov 19, 2018
Hey Everyone,

I'm absolutely new to this forum, it seems like a great platform to help each other out.

My wife & I filed for my Spousal Immigration PR in Mid Aug-18. We received a notification on the 7th of Sept'18 to pay the Bio-Metrics fee which we paid on the 12th of Sept '18 (deadline was 10th Oct '18).

However we still haven't received any update, like when to give the Bio-Metrics etc. Wanted to know if this is normal & at what stage our application must be?

MihaiS

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
I am new here and need help filling the form for spouse visa. I am the sponsor, I understand i have to fill only two forms: IMM 1344 and IMM 5532 and me and my spouse (applicant) will fill IMM 5532..correct?

On the IMM 0008 (Generic application), Does my spouse (Applicant) need to fill in my personal details(sponsor) under Dependants? I am already a PR and reside in Canada.

Also we don't know what to put on question 3 "how many family members including you are on this application?"

Should i include myself and put "2" or just the applicant "1"
Family members only 1, which is only you on the application. And on 0008 put only the principal applicant that's all. This is only if you dont have any kids that you want to take with you. This is how I've done it as I had the same questions but were all answered

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Thanks guys, 27 April got PPR request. I just gor an email with instructions. Is this how we get it?

Do i just take the email print to vfs.
I was expecting a PDF attachment..
May please read my thread as posted below in my signatures area. Thousands have used that page. Thanks

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
It will be very lucky day if we all get PPR:)
Lets hope for the best
Gud luck to all
Yea agreed. Today morning nothing came in as it is MON morning here. But my MED passed appeared on MON . However most other updates were seen on Tuesday mornings. That means IST 9 PM

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada
Thank You for your reply:)

However I am still confused when you said rest few docs need to be self attested? My checklist nowhere mentions of attestation etc unless docs are not in English or French..All my docs are in English including Marriage Certificate!

Thanks
Ritvik
You do not need to attest any document unless it's not in English. However, the marriage certificate would have it's own stamp or signature as a normal practice and same goes for Police clearance. You DO NOT need any educational certifications and extra attestation.

Reactions: CanadianGoosee

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada
Hi guys,

My husband is a Canadian citizen and he applied for my spousal visa ( I live in Dubai,UAE) . My application completed 8 months (started 16th MARCH).

My timeline is: -
  1. Application recieved for permanent residence on March 16, 2018.
  2. Medical results have been received in May.
  3. Started processing application on June 28, 2018
I haven't gotten any update since the above last update in June.

Can anyone tell me what the next step would be and when?
Well Next step would be pre arrival hopefully next month (depending on your visa office). London Visa office (LVO) is working on February 2018 applications, so you are next :)

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada
Hello all,

I am a Canadian citizen and I have a question to senior members regarding my daughter. The back ground for the question is as follows

We have got PR for the whole family in 2011 including my daughter. We all got our PR card as well. Subsequently my daughter got married in 2012 and moved to Singapore. She got her citizenship in Singapore. After getting her citizenship she cancelled her Canadian PR. She has 2 kids now. They both are Singapore citizens as well. Now there is some misunderstanding with her spouse and would like to move to Canada with the 2 children.

Can I sponsor my daughter and her kids to move to Canada permanently?

Please respond.
She can apply to restore her PR status in Canada but you CAN NOT sponsor her as she is not 18 years old dependent on you!