Spousal sponsorship

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Thanks,I know it could take another 9 or less months someday ROTI worry will be gone :) Lol

Last edited:

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Are
Are there 2 ids where we check our application status
Cz i only check on cic status with my application number whats the other id ?
There are 2 places you can see STATUS, 1 is ECAS which gets updates directly, other is your own GCKEY account , here you get more detailed stuff of whole file I guess :-
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=null

A THING TO remember:- If I logged on to GCkey ,fine,BUT if wife also logs in to same GCkey account number I used to get an instant email that "this account is linked to XXXXX" AND vice-versa.Only 1 person can stay with GCkey with same act no...
However ECAS both sponsor and applicant can see what's going on? Usually info matches and is the same on both. I hope U R clear now?

Last edited:

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
ON GCkey 2 options to login:--1 can login thru BANKs IDs, and it is 100% SAFE too. OR create the account. Even non-Candian can create this account with proper email and few details.

ritvik123

Sep 16, 2012
App. Filed.......
7th Dec
Doc's Request.
20 March
AOR Received.
6th Feb
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27th Feb
Med's Request
19th Feb
Med's Done....
25th Feb
Interview........
N/A
Hello Friends,

As per the checklist I need to submit photocopies of Telephone Bills, National ID card, Credit Card bills etc...All the photocopies are in English.

My confusion is does the Sponsor and Principal Applicant need to self attest their respective photocopies?

Kindly help:)

Thanks,
Ritvik

Virtuallyviks

Nov 11, 2018
ON GCkey 2 options to login:--1 can login thru BANKs IDs, and it is 100% SAFE too. OR create the account. Even non-Candian can create this account with proper email and few details.
Hi,

I am from India and My file has been submitted by an agent from Canada only. This must have been submitted online only. So she would definitely would be having GC key login with her?

Is there a possibility that i make a whole new account and attach my file to it?

Wouldn’t it clash with her?

priteshhi

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
11-03-2016
Nomination.....
07-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2016
LANDED..........
01-02-2017
This is incorrect.

@priteshhi, as you are a permanent resident and not a citizen, you must be in Canada for the whole duration of the application being processed. You may leave for a week or two, but three months is far too long and you're risking your application being considered abandoned and cancelled.

Thanks for the reply, Things have changed last few days. Since my wife got the pre-arrival email and DM in ecas.. she might get PPR before my travel.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
need to self attest their respective photocopies?
I did not had such things ATTESTED . make sure PCC is sent in ORIGINAL rest few docs like certificates can be attested here or India, but only you the Sponsor sends it all . Remember you SPONSOR applying for souse while she is an applicant. Marriage Certificate I sent was attested + few of her school certificates. I sent simple color photocopies of my Passport, bills, call logs, whatsapp shots

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi,

I am from India and My file has been submitted by an agent from Canada only. This must have been submitted online only. So she would definitely would be having GC key login with her?

Is there a possibility that i make a whole new account and attach my file to it?

Wouldn’t it clash with her?
She should give you account number for Application. Also UCI number;-you should have your own.I had no AOR1 , was sucessfully logged in ECAS by filling in receipt number of the payment made+ few more details. JUST ask her receipt number starting with Rxxxx xxxx , then put your own DOB+country of birth, let us know if you saw the magic screen :)

Reactions: Virtuallyviks

Hs@645

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Hiii
I am from quebec. Applied for my spouse in july and now my application is at BGC stage..
When will i get PPR?
Thanks in advance

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
OK this is our latest copy of GCKeys logged in by Applicant not by me[At a time 1 person is allowed on GCkey wth same act no.,, not both, but we share]:-

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results : You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents : We do not need additional documents.

Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Reactions: 1506

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hiii
I am from quebec. Applied for my spouse in july and now my application is at BGC stage..
When will i get PPR?
Thanks in advance
BCG Back ground check is done for person you sponsored. It is almost completion stage then invitation letter+ PPR follows.
Time taken for BCG varies. It may take few days to months. It depends on how many countries applicant had visited in the past, so they would check with all places.I hope it is much clear now :)