+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Chady afara

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
Hi friends i need help with option c or notice of assessment i been living outside canada for 7 years now what should i do should i provide them? and how do i get them?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I thought we are here to help eachother guys there are so many people not being answered.
It's a volunteer forum and you are getting answers for free. For this reason sometimes it can take several hours or even a few days to get an answer. If you want immediate answers, then your best bet is to hire an immigration lawyer.

daavid

Aug 4, 2018
I submitted an application under sponsorship as a spouse in 2016. I only got letter April 6, 2018, that I met eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse.

Please how long do I need to wait for. I checked the Check processing times and I saw maybe your application is complex. Please advise

sk540

Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
6th Feb, 26th March & 31st March
Nomination.....
PER: 25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
(with RPRF)17th April 2015
Med's Done....
4th May 2015, 3rd line updated: 14th May 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
8th June 2015
LANDED..........
1st May 2016
hello Friends

Is there any watsapp group for Spousal Cases?

RamGenius

Star Member
Jun 29, 2013
Hi I know you guys have told me if i am in India and i am a canadian PR then i can't file sponsorship application for my wife while i am in India , i have to be in Canada can you please direct me to the link where its mentioned in written on cic website.

Thanks in advance

maria79

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Cebu
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
30-11-2017
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
Med's Request
12-02-2018
Med's Done....
17-02-2018
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
12-09-2018
Hi, we applied same month, same year as you! I reside in Saudi Arabia, could it be longer than this? or are we close?
May i know your visa office? My application is processed in Manila Visa Office. Most of the applicants here are processed in less than a year. I have seen other countries esp in US and in Europe, their applications would take at a approximately 6 months. Your application is in the last and final stage when immigration has started your background check (BGC). Once BGC is done, Decision Made and PPR will come and you will be notified through your email. The processing times of each applicant is a case to case basis. Some may take longer and some may take lesser than expected. One's application is based on how complete and simple your documents submitted to the immigration.

maria79

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Cebu
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
30-11-2017
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
Med's Request
12-02-2018
Med's Done....
17-02-2018
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
12-09-2018
Hi I know you guys have told me if i am in India and i am a canadian PR then i can't file sponsorship application for my wife while i am in India , i have to be in Canada can you please direct me to the link where its mentioned in written on cic website.

Thanks in advance
Please see this link and read about sponsoring outside canada. There is a blue highlighted box regarding Permanent Residents.
://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#obligations

caldi33

Oct 6, 2015
Hi everyone,

I recently got married to my wife who is a Canadian citizen. We now want to apply for my PR, via the Family Sponsorship class.

My wife Canadian passport is valid until 2024 (her old passport with her maiden name). Can we apply using her old passport, or is she better off to get a new passport with her new last names? After marriage she has taken on both her maiden last name and added my last name *no hyphen or anything in between.

If we can apply with the old passport- then, in the application she would list her maiden name as her last name (provided that her passport contains her maiden name). And then in the other names section she should list my last name?

Thank you very much!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone,

I recently got married to my wife who is a Canadian citizen. We now want to apply for my PR, via the Family Sponsorship class.

My wife Canadian passport is valid until 2024 (her old passport with her maiden name). Can we apply using her old passport, or is she better off to get a new passport with her new last names? After marriage she has taken on both her maiden last name and added my last name *no hyphen or anything in between.

If we can apply with the old passport- then, in the application she would list her maiden name as her last name (provided that her passport contains her maiden name). And then in the other names section she should list my last name?

Thank you very much!
It doesn't matter what her name is in her passport.

Yes, she uses her passport name in the app.

Ali06

Aug 5, 2018
Turkey
Category........
Hello everyone,
We applied spousal sponsorship. My wife lives in Canada, and I am in Ankara, Turkey now. I would like to share our steps with you;
- We received your application for PR on May 15,2018
- We started processing your application on June 20, 2018 ( for the sponsor)
- We sent you correspondence acknowledgement receipt on June 21, 2018 ( for the sponsor)
- We sent Ali’s medical instructions on June 27,2018
- We sent you correspondence on June 28, 2018 about the decision on your application ( for the sponsor)
- the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to the visa office in Ankara for further processing on July 5, 2018.
- Medical results have been received.
- We started processing Ali’s application on July 11, 2018. We haven't heard anything after the last step. What is the next step for application? What is the meaning of ” We started processing Ali’s application on July 11, 2018.”? Have background check started yet? We missed each other a lot, and don't want to be apart anymore. Is there anybody in same situation with us now? Could you share yours, please? Thank you. I'm looking forward to hearing good news from you

RamGenius

Star Member
Jun 29, 2013
Hi @maria79 thanks for the response but i am going to India for my marriage for only two months after that i will be back so still i can't file the sponsorship of my spouse which i am in India given i will be returning back to Canada after 2 months.

Reactions: maria79

maria79

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Cebu
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
30-11-2017
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
Med's Request
12-02-2018
Med's Done....
17-02-2018
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
12-09-2018
Hi @maria79 thanks for the response but i am going to India for my marriage for only two months after that i will be back so still i can't file the sponsorship of my spouse which i am in India given i will be returning back to Canada after 2 months.
Yes you still cant file your spouse under family class not until you can secure your marriage certificate and registered in the registry of marriages in your country. It is one of the most important requirements that the immigration will be looking for.