+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Aug 1, 2018
Hello,
We are june 19 2018 applicant, i think my husband forgot to handwritten sign on schedule A and yesterday i called CIC,if my application is returned or not, agent told me that i can see information is already in system but it's too early to say that officer will return it or ask for just schedule A.
Any idea if information already in system what that indicates?
They will not return the package. They will ask Schedule A again from you

Reactions: amar dhillon

Haussem Hoo

Mar 28, 2016
thx guys for answering i as stressed cause its really hard spending 6 years trying to be with ur wife...i applied before and they refuse me then i go to appral after long time after that they refuse the appeal and now i back from the began toapply again thats why i ask about the interview cause first time when i apply they give me the date of the intervewi after 3 weeks in visa office *paris* now my file have 2 month there and no update thats why im asking .....thx

davmugenga

Aug 1, 2018
Hi All,

I am a Canadian PR, and I am already married with my wife who lives in the US. We are considering applying to sponsor her and i have a few questions.
Is it better to apply in-land or outland?
we are applying at the end of august, is it ok for her to move here in october even if we apply outland? would the border service officer be ok with it?
Do we have to mail the application together? hers and mine together?

Aug 1, 2018
Hi
4th May 2018
File sent to New Delhi VO Mail received on 20th July
Current status is Background Check in Process.

My wife is coming to India on 22nd Aug. We are planning to stay together in India until application processed. Is it OK. Ifnot OK then what are the risks involved in this?

jwu22

Jul 24, 2018
I have a question and I don't know where to ask this to get an answer. If there's anybody who has an idea, please share.

Got married January 2018
Spousal sponsorship Application rcvd: May 2018
AOR1: July 18, 2018
DM: July 17,2018

Then, situation got complicated. Canadian husband got someone pregnant in canada. Now, he is considering withdrawing the sponsorship.

1.What will happen to the foreign spouse? Abandonment? Is that possible?
2.In case withdrawal pushes thru, will the foreign spouse still get a chance to get approved if she applies on student visa or express entry?
3.Is there any help from Canadian embassy for the foreign legal spouse?
4.Let's say... sponsorship application pushes thru then wife gets PR and landed canada. Is this possible to happen?
5.While wife on PR status, can she apply divorce in canada when the required time is reached? (1 year No Fault Divorce)

I need answers to these questions to help a very good friend. Thank you all.

sk540

Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
6th Feb, 26th March & 31st March
Nomination.....
PER: 25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
(with RPRF)17th April 2015
Med's Done....
4th May 2015, 3rd line updated: 14th May 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
8th June 2015
LANDED..........
1st May 2016
You will have to return to Canada alone and sponsor your family. You will have to stay in Canada by yourself for entire while the sponsorship is processing. Check the Canada.ca website for details.
Thanks Steaky for your response.

Yes that's what i'll do once I reach Canada. duration of getting family is taking around 6 months these days. is it correct?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Steaky for your response.

Yes that's what i'll do once I reach Canada. duration of getting family is taking around 6 months these days. is it correct?
I have no idea how long is the duration.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have a question and I don't know where to ask this to get an answer. If there's anybody who has an idea, please share.

Got married January 2018
Spousal sponsorship Application rcvd: May 2018
AOR1: July 18, 2018
DM: July 17,2018

Then, situation got complicated. Canadian husband got someone pregnant in canada. Now, he is considering withdrawing the sponsorship.

1.What will happen to the foreign spouse? Abandonment? Is that possible?
2.In case withdrawal pushes thru, will the foreign spouse still get a chance to get approved if she applies on student visa or express entry?
3.Is there any help from Canadian embassy for the foreign legal spouse?
4.Let's say... sponsorship application pushes thru then wife gets PR and landed canada. Is this possible to happen?
5.While wife on PR status, can she apply divorce in canada when the required time is reached? (1 year No Fault Divorce)

I need answers to these questions to help a very good friend. Thank you all.
1. Yes, it's possible.

2. Yes, you can apply to come to Canada another way.

3. No.

4. If you land knowing that you are ending the marriage, you are committing immigration fraud.

tajvin

Aug 2, 2018
I'm a Canadian citizen and I'm sponsoring my husband who lives in Bangladesh. Because I have work and school, I can't go back to visit him. We didn't start our application yet because we're waiting for his Bangladeshi Police Certificate (we didn't know we needed it because he was in the UK for a long time studying and we only got a UK Police Certificate). Once I receive his police certificate, I plan on submitting my application. I have a couple question and I need help.

1) Is it worth it to use a lawyer? I spoke to one but I didn't find it very helpful and I already have all the information that the lawyer gave me.

2) Can he apply for a visit visa to come visit me instead of me going back there or will it hurt our application? We were thinking of him visiting for a month and after he returns we would submit the sponsorship application to make our application stronger. But would he also be able to come while his application is being processed? His brother also lives here so would it be better if he applied for a visit visa through his brother?

3) Is there a certain time frame for past cohabitation? We don't have anything in our name since he hasn't lived in Bangladesh for the last 10 years but we do have our receipt from our honeymoon. We were also planning on getting an affidavit that his parents would sign stating that we lived together for the two months I was there.

I appreciate all the help. Thank you :)

Annie Naz

Oct 4, 2017
saudi arabia
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
AOR Received.
04-01-2018
Just wait for more months and you will get an update. On my part, i was also applying for spousal visa application. It took almost 5 months to get an update from IRCC when our documents were sent to the local visa office last Feb 2018. I am Nov 30 2017 applicant and up to this day, i have no pre-arrival invitation yet but my background check is already in process.
Hi, we applied same month, same year as you! I reside in Saudi Arabia, could it be longer than this? or are we close?

Shivaliwalia

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
I am a new immigrant. I was thinking of taking assistance from furniture bank. Will that be counted as a social assistance n be a trouble for spousal visa appkication in future

kohinoor13ster

Jul 10, 2018
Hello.
I am a Permanent Resident currently residing in Canada and my wife is in India. I am applying for her Spousal Dependant Visa. I have got all my document ready to file her application. However, I am confused regarding the address on which the documents are to be sent. Can anyone please guide me regarding this?

Thank you
The address to sent file has changed from Mississauga to Sydney, Nova Scotia.
Check CIC website for the exact address.
CIC updated many things in Spouse Application in June 2018. Please go through the guide thoroughly.

kohinoor13ster

Jul 10, 2018
Hi everyone,

Question for anyone who already got a pr card after landing: how long did it take to get the pr card? Was it almost the same as the estimated processing time from Cic?

I have got my COPR, I am considering when to land. I checked the processing time for pr card on the website which said 61 days bt wondering how it works... each case.

Thanks all
Normally it is withing 61 days. 61 is the max figure.