+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Chady afara

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
Hey guys i have a question off topic from sponsorship but maybe someone can help me on this question my 2 year old son was born outside of canada and is a canadian citizen since he was 1 month old i am now in process of sponsoring my wife to canada i have never applied for child benefits for my son but i am wondering when i do apply will they give us the money from since he was born in a lump sum or no i heard they will?

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
im back for some updates.

Still waiting for 14 months lol

guys can you tell me the difference between security check and background check ?

mistrymehul8

Mar 13, 2013
Hi,
I am planning to get married this December in India and I live in Canada and have my PR. After going through many posts, I found out that it takes 9 to 12 months to process the inland or outlound spouse sponsorship and if you apply for TRV(temporary visitor visa) there are hardly any chances of getting visitor visa.

So what if my to be spouse applies for visitor visa first, then we get married in India and after I come back to Canada; then I can apply for spouse PR. And she can stay with me atleast 5 months on TRV (if gets approved) and then we just have to wait for 3-5 months after that.
I know there are chances of interview in spouse pr application but she can go back if there is a need.

Any help on this will be highly appreciated ! Open to suggestions. Will that work ?
Thanks

ZahidGani

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Hi,
I am planning to get married this December in India and I live in Canada and have my PR. After going through many posts, I found out that it takes 9 to 12 months to process the inland or outlound spouse sponsorship and if you apply for TRV(temporary visitor visa) there are hardly any chances of getting visitor visa.

So what if my to be spouse applies for visitor visa first, then we get married in India and after I come back to Canada; then I can apply for spouse PR. And she can stay with me atleast 5 months on TRV (if gets approved) and then we just have to wait for 3-5 months after that.
I know there are chances of interview in spouse pr application but she can go back if there is a need.

Any help on this will be highly appreciated ! Open to suggestions. Will that work ?
Thanks
If you get a TRV you can apply inland spousal sponsorship with an open work permit. The work permit will be processed within 4 months. Then she can stay in Canada until the PR process in complete. That way you can start life in Canada whilst the PR process is still going on.

Arjun156

Jul 31, 2018
Hi friends, need your suggestions desperately as I’m completely doomed.

I came to Canada on study visa in 2012. I met a white girl in pub, we two started dating in mid 2014 and finally fell in love in 2015. We two actually wanted to get married but both of our parents refused our proposals so we had to broke up our relationship.

During the tenure, she helped me to apply spouse work visa but as we forgot to upload few more important documents, our visa was cancelled stating missing documents. And I headed back to India in 2015.

In this year, I got a marriage proposal from an Indian girl living in Canada, both of our parents accepted this wedding. Our wedding happened few months before and I’ve gotten visit visa approved to be with my wife in Canada, who’s Canadian citizen.

Recently have applied spouse work visa, application is taking much more longtime than usual. I got reply from case officer saying “ I’m trying to get more information regarding your past spouse work visa application”

It’s really freaking me out..!! Friends would it affect my work visa because I was sponsored before by another girl.

Waiting for your suggestions and replies.

Thanks a ton..!! In advance.

RamGenius

Star Member
Jun 29, 2013
Hey guys one more question is there a way i can file my spouse sponsorship online or the only way to file the application is paper based only

mistrymehul8

Mar 13, 2013
If you get a TRV you can apply inland spousal sponsorship with an open work permit. The work permit will be processed within 4 months. Then she can stay in Canada until the PR process in complete. That way you can start life in Canada whilst the PR process is still going on.
Thanks. What will be the duration of open work permit issued ?

Chady afara

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
Hey guys i have a question off topic from sponsorship but maybe someone can help me on this question my 2 year old son was born outside of canada and is a canadian citizen since he was 1 month old i am now in process of sponsoring my wife to canada i have never applied for child benefits for my son but i am wondering when i do apply will they give us the money from since he was born in a lump sum or no i heard they will?

sk540

Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
6th Feb, 26th March & 31st March
Nomination.....
PER: 25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
(with RPRF)17th April 2015
Med's Done....
4th May 2015, 3rd line updated: 14th May 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
8th June 2015
LANDED..........
1st May 2016
Hi Friends

I got Canadian Immigration in 2016, went there for 4 months and came back to get married. Couldn't go back to Canada due to some issues here in Pakistan. Now planning to go back soon.

I am now married and have a 6 month old daughter, Please advise how to apply for that. Spouse application also have Kids option or do I have to file a separate application for my daughter.

How much time it takes these days to get visa for family.

Regards

Pookiie

Jun 3, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Has anyone who applied for OWP with upfrontmedical to have restrictions removed got approval? I did the same and it got approvedthis morning however am wondering if the restrictions were lifted because where it reads medical results, it says you do not need amedical, shouldn’t it have changed? Also my PR app is showing medical passed although they haven’t requested medical as yet, either way am just hoping I don’t get the OWP in the mail andsee healthcare restrictions on it. Anyone withany advise or similiar issue please respond

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You and your child must be living in Canada in order to receive the money from government.

RJ8812

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12/06/2018
AOR Received.
27/07/2018
LANDED..........
08-05-2018
Hey guys one more question is there a way i can file my spouse sponsorship online or the only way to file the application is paper based only
You can do it online

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends

I got Canadian Immigration in 2016, went there for 4 months and came back to get married. Couldn't go back to Canada due to some issues here in Pakistan. Now planning to go back soon.

I am now married and have a 6 month old daughter, Please advise how to apply for that. Spouse application also have Kids option or do I have to file a separate application for my daughter.

How much time it takes these days to get visa for family.

Regards
You will have to return to Canada alone and sponsor your family. You will have to stay in Canada by yourself for entire while the sponsorship is processing. Check the Canada.ca website for details.

mrs_december

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
File Transfer...
26-06-2018
Med's Request
18-06-2018
Med's Done....
06-07-2018
Passport Req..
22-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-09-2018

amar dhillon

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Hello,
We are june 19 2018 applicant, i think my husband forgot to handwritten sign on schedule A and yesterday i called CIC,if my application is returned or not, agent told me that i can see information is already in system but it's too early to say that officer will return it or ask for just schedule A.
Any idea if information already in system what that indicates?