VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Good information. Thanks for the post.

I urgently need some advice here.
I am a Canadian Citizen living in Canada. I got married to my wife last week in Nigeria and want to sponsor her to join me in Canada asap. But her International Passport is on her father's name. As it was obtained before the marriage.
QUESTION:
1. Will her application be rejected for none change of name to that of her new husband?
2. Is it OK for her Police Certificate / Report to still carry her fathers name, or she has to go for change of name before going to obtain Police Report?
Thanks for helping as usual.
Regards,
Wisdom7
1. Of course not. Women are not required to change their names.

2. It's her name and no, it won't be an issue.

vivcomper

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
I am PR and working for IT company in Toronto. I am planning to get married in July this year and would like my spouse from India to join asap.
What is the fastest way to bring her here ? What is the duration of processing ?I know its a vague question and being asked on a very high level .

Any suggestions .Please refer to any link / blog / website for more info.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I am PR and working for IT company in Toronto. I am planning to get married in July this year and would like my spouse from India to join asap.
What is the fastest way to bring her here ? What is the duration of processing ?I know its a vague question and being asked on a very high level .

Any suggestions .Please refer to any link / blog / website for more info.
12 months

h1127j

Mar 21, 2018
Hello.
We are in special cases so we need some advice urgently.

I am a Canadian Citizen since 2013 who is going to sponsor my husband. My husband has lived in Canada since 2006 as a student. We married in May 2017 and living together right now in Canada. We are going to graduate in this June.

I got a full-time return job offer from a company in the US that I have interned previously. I will start working in August.

I have a property in Canada with our names and mother-in-law and I have a sufficient amount of money in the bank account in Canada.
We are going to apply for a PR under the Family Class. (not under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class).

We are planning to submit the following as evidence of intent to return to Canada upon the PR approval:
- Property document with our names and mother in law
- Bank account document
- The letter explaining that I accepted this offer because it was the only job offer at the time and I needed income to sponsor my spouse.
- A proof that we have our furniture, appliances and some winter clothes on our property so that we can come back and live in our property as soon as we get PR.
- A proof that we can move out from US apartment if we give a notice to leasing office before 20 days.
- A letter explaining how we will live in Canada and why we must come back to Canada (Ex. I want to get pregnant and raise our child in Canada)
- A letter explaining why we must proceed with our application at this moment because my husband's home country requirement may force him back to his country if we delay our application. (There is nothing illegal involved)

Any thoughts or suggestions for our successful application submission?

eck6

Mar 21, 2018
Hello,

First time poster. I have a couple of questions I was hoping someone could help me with.

First a little background info. I have just returned to Canada (Canadian citizen) from China. My husband is a Korean citizen who lives/studies in China. He will graduate at the end of June 2018, the same time in which we are expecting our first child. Our hope is to have him here come the end of June, but I am not sure how to go about it.

1) Should we wait and apply for PR when he is here in Canada so that we can also apply for the Open Work Permit or start the application process now? From my understanding the OWP is only available for in-Canada applications.

2) Can we apply for PR and OWP while he is here as a visitor? Korean citizens are permitted to stay in Canada as a visitor for max. 6 months.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

msajed

Star Member
Sep 8, 2009
Hi Guys can anyone tell me what does it mean TFR for eligibility, I order note and found in eligibility column TFR. And one more thing file put away what is that mean.

Sreeh1989

Mar 14, 2018
Hi There,

Could you please help me out with the below question,
  • I got married in the month of November and applied for TRV for my wife which got rejected twice
First reason:

Not enough financial support inspite of me showing my balance in bank statement.

I have got the CA evaluation showing the properties and funds from hometown(India), where my wife is.

Rejected again,

Second reason

• Not sure if you will return back to own country after authorized period of stay.
I think this was because she has finished her studies and wasn’t working there. But i have also provided the return travel iternary.

Now I’m going to file for spousal.

My question comes here,

Can i apply TRV again after filing for spousal and it will be in process or is it better to give TRV one more try before submitting the spousal application?

Thanks in advance.

Gardner2205

Jan 29, 2018
Dear Veteran's,

Hoping to get some answers to minimize my confusion...

My wife is a canadian PR holder since 2012 and sponsoring me. She was married previously, and was given a Spousal Open work permit in 2009. After she landed, she was living with her then spouse on a open work permit, then in 2012 she applied for her PR. She was divorced in 2016, and in 2017 had renewed her PR. We got married in Jan 2018. Now my below questions

a) Can she sponsor me without being deemed as ineligible
b) on the forms it asks - if sponsor was previously sponsored - should we mention YES or NO
c) also it asks if Sponsor was themselves sponsored within 5 years preceding this application - should we mention YES or NO

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Hi all
I am new here. I live in canada as PR got married and apply for my husband on 6th of june 2017, did his medical Nov 7th 2017and have not heard from them since then.pls i need to know if this is normal.
Thanks
Very normal. We had complete silence from july 2017 to march when we got ppr. Hang in there

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Hi There,

• I got married in the month of November and applied for TRV for my wife which got rejected twice
First reason:

Not enough financial support inspite of me showing my balance in bank statement.

I have got the CA evaluation showing the properties and funds from hometown(India), where my wife is.

Rejected again,

Second reason

• Not sure if you will return back to own country after authorized period of stay.
I think this was because she has finished her studies and wasn’t working there. But i have also provided the return travel iternary.

My question comes here,

Can i apply TRV again after filing for spousal and it will be in process or is it better to give TRV one more try before submitting the spousal application?

Thanks in advance.
They are different processes and you can apply for both.

sdubey

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
I recently applied to sponsor my wife lasty week, how cna we know- they acknowledgment of received the applications and they started processing on that?

do we get any email or something and?

sdubey

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
Guys new to this thread..
Need some info.

My brother (PR) wants to sponsor his wife (in India).
Who will be the primary applicant?
Generic Application Form for Canada - Whose info needs to be filled in..Brother? or his wife's?

Thanks

infromation of the person who is being sponsored, the person who will get PR.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi There,

First reason:

Rejected again,

Second reason

My question comes here,

Thanks in advance.
With 2 recent refusals and a Canadian citizen/PR spouse in Canada, she has pretty much no chance of TRV approval regardless. You should have submitted the sponsorship app months ago.