+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

mandeep_29

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Hi guys,
I am Canadian Permanent resident, I recently got married in India. I am planning to sponsor my wife from Canada. I have one question on our marriage certificate my wife got my family name but on her passport she’s having her maiden name. Do I need to change her name on passport too before applying or should I use affidavit that she’s same person with both names. Can some help??

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys,
I am Canadian Permanent resident, I recently got married in India. I am planning to sponsor my wife from Canada. I have one question on our marriage certificate my wife got my family name but on her passport she’s having her maiden name. Do I need to change her name on passport too before applying or should I use affidavit that she’s same person with both names. Can some help??
She doesn't need to change her passport and she doesn't need an affidavit. The name in the passport is the name that must be used in the application.

MMexican

Mar 19, 2018
Hello, everyone, I'm about to apply for PR we got married January this year but we've been living together for 2 years now.
and I have 3 questions.

1.I have a 2-year work permit that's how I first came to Canada But I'm Wondering if she's going to sponsor me, can I get EI the time I'm not working?? Because my job is seasonal I start working until may and they always give us a layoff letter to claim EI, if I claim would it affect my process?

2. I'm applying for an open work permit as well because now I have a work permit for a specific employer and cant work elsewhere. When I get my open work permit how long does it last?

3. And third one, if we've been living together for a year but dating for 2 years and only got married this January, what is the date I should put in my app that we've been together?

Thank you so much for your help

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am trying to fill out the schedule A for my wife form and a little confuse about the question #4E (Been refused admission to, or ordered to leave Canada or any other country). Should I check YES too since my wife got refused when she applied for a tourist visa? I checked YES on question #4D.

Thanks!

louand

Mar 16, 2018
Your husband's son can't be included as a dependent in your application.

Was your husband born in Canada or naturalized as a Canadian before his son was born?
Thanks for the clarification canuck_in_uk :)

He is a naturalized Canadian citizen and his son was in the custody of his ex wife when he migrated. He did include his son as non-accompanying dependent and did the medical check.

Is it possible to sponsor us at the same time? I mean 2 separate applications?

Sreeh1989

Mar 14, 2018
Hi,

I’m in the similar situation.

Could you please help me out with couple of questions i have in regards to this,

1.So, how do we get the signatures on the forms when the spouse is outside canada? Can we have the forms scanned and emailed back.

2.Also, for proof of relationship letters from friends, should that be signed by the friends?

3.Do we need to get any documents attested?

Thanks in advance

Sree

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the clarification canuck_in_uk :)

He is a naturalized Canadian citizen and his son was in the custody of his ex wife when he migrated. He did include his son as non-accompanying dependent and did the medical check.

Is it possible to sponsor us at the same time? I mean 2 separate applications?
Yes, your husband can submit 2 separate sponsorship applications at the same time.

Reactions: louand

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I’m in the similar situation.

Could you please help me out with couple of questions i have in regards to this,

1.So, how do we get the signatures on the forms when the spouse is outside canada? Can we have the forms scanned and emailed back.

2.Also, for proof of relationship letters from friends, should that be signed by the friends?

3.Do we need to get any documents attested?

Thanks in advance

Sree
1. Signatures must be original. You need to mail the forms.

2. Yes.

3. Depends. Follow the checklist and your country-specific instructions.

Mimi4ril

Mar 20, 2018
Hi all
I am new here. I live in canada as PR got married and apply for my husband on 6th of june 2017, did his medical Nov 7th 2017and have not heard from them since then.pls i need to know if this is normal.
Thanks

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
Good information. Thanks for the post.

I urgently need some advice here.
I am a Canadian Citizen living in Canada. I got married to my wife last week in Nigeria and want to sponsor her to join me in Canada asap. But her International Passport is on her father's name. As it was obtained before the marriage.
QUESTION:
1. Will her application be rejected for none change of name to that of her new husband?
2. Is it OK for her Police Certificate / Report to still carry her fathers name, or she has to go for change of name before going to obtain Police Report?
Thanks for helping as usual.
Regards,
Wisdom7