+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

YousifBreesam

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
Hello.. Im a September applicant but until now our application is still not processed because it is incomplete. I have a question, if once they say that it is complete already and is processed, should we start to count from September as procesing time or not? pls reply
They start counting from the day they receive a complete application.

Tigy

Mar 16, 2018
Hi All, I was hoping someone can help with some advice on best way to sponsor a spouse.
Basically, me and my fiancee are eligible for Express Entry. The plan is for my fiancee apply for PR and sponsor me(to avoid x2 PR application fees). Is it possible to apply for sponsorship as soon as the PR is approved? Or does she have to land in Canada first and then apply and wait 10? months for me to join her? Or do we apply both for PR instead? Thanks

spellbinder

Star Member
Sep 6, 2010
Reposting it in this general thread in case someone has an input:

My wife (PA) is in the process of submitting the Sch A/PCC & doing the medical. I understand if everything goes normally and no interview is required she'll get a passport request from the VO (its probably gonna be Singapore) in X months time after all the docs are submitted and medical is done.

Question is, she plans on visiting me next month and stay here as a visitor (she can stay for 6 months at a time), how will the PPR work when she is here in Canada? Is there a way of transferring the file over from the VO to inland? Can the visa be issued from within Canada?

This might be a very specific question, but since I couldn't find anything online thought of reaching out here. Thanks in advance.

Aob-Dtd

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Goodevening everyone.

Just a quick question,
Me and my husband were planning of temporary renting a place near his work that was own by his company. I probably also get a job down there. So basically, we are just going to stay there during the weekdays and back to his parents house on weekends. And also we are only planning of being there just before winter, cause my husband do only seasonal job.

Was it consider changing address?
Do i need to inform CIC about this or there will be no problem since the address we provided them which is my husband's parents house, where we live now was really our permanent address?

Thankyou for the help guys.

Jeemay

Mar 15, 2018
Job Offer........
Yes
hello guys. I am here in UAE and my wife works in Quebec. We have applied For PR together since long back. Finally we got CSQ at the end of Feb 2018. And we have submitted our CSQ to federal few days ago. Kindly guys can you help me to know next step and approximate time for all process to get PR card? After how long they will call me for visa medical? And after medical how long will it takes to ask my Passport forvisa stamps?

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Reposting it in this general thread in case someone has an input:

My wife (PA) is in the process of submitting the Sch A/PCC & doing the medical. I understand if everything goes normally and no interview is required she'll get a passport request from the VO (its probably gonna be Singapore) in X months time after all the docs are submitted and medical is done.

Question is, she plans on visiting me next month and stay here as a visitor (she can stay for 6 months at a time), how will the PPR work when she is here in Canada? Is there a way of transferring the file over from the VO to inland? Can the visa be issued from within Canada?

This might be a very specific question, but since I couldn't find anything online thought of reaching out here. Thanks in advance.
There's no problem at all. When they send her a passport request, it says that she can mail her passport to Ottawa instead of her local VO.

RAVNEET.1093

Mar 17, 2018
Hello guys..
My husband has applied my spouse sponsorship on july 7,2017 from canada
My file reached at delhi in september.
My BG status chnged in feb from not applicable to we are processing your background check up.
Can any one tell.......whn i can expect my ppr

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Good morning everyone,

I asked this question in another thread and I received some positive feedback, however, I am still worried. I can't get in touch with my representative because its the weekend and my husband is freaking out to know what it mean.

I regularly check my ECAS and I checked it Friday evening around 6 and it show that my application is in process. The I checked it back at Saturday at 12:30am and it shows Decision Made. So now I have Decision Made on both sides.

I did not received any email or post confirming that a decision was made (Maybe because its a weekend, not sure).

Can someone please explain what this mean? Approximately how long would it be before they contact me via email or post?

Thank you any advice would do!

AdeAhmed

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Hi all,

Almost at the end of the immigration forms road.

Finalizing my wifes IMM5669 and had some questions:

Education History

1. For High School, under field of study, what should I put? General studies?
2. For Certificate and Diploma issued of High School, what should I put? I put high school diploma as thats all I can really fit. Technically the details were (per Texas education agency website): Distinguished Achievement High School Program--Advanced High School Program
3. We have gone up to post graduate education; she has also done some Pharmacy professional exams in Ontario, would those also be included under education history? Done at the same time as housewife status (see below).

Personal History
1. For the past few years my wife has been a homemaker - under job title what should I put? Unemployed?
2. In personal history, while in school for a few years, she also had a part time job for a few months. Do we enter that overlap?

Memberships
1. My wife was a member of a number of student and professional organizations during college etc. For activities/position held what would be an appropriate answer? Member?

Thanks in advance!

louand

Mar 16, 2018
Hi Guys, i hope somebody can help out. My husband (sponsor) is a Canadian citizen and he is sponsoring me (principal applicant) through inland spousal. I have 2 daughters (from a previous marriage currently living outland) and my husband has a son currently living with us on a study permit (from previous marriage-came as visitor last August 2017). We submitted our application last January with him as the sponsor, me with 3 dependents including his son all as accompanying. Our application was returned back to us but was not very clear as to why. We are just guessing right now that maybe his son should be sponsored separately and not part of my dependents? It did indicate on the returned documents that it has something to do with IMM008 but thats about it. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jeemay

Mar 15, 2018
Job Offer........
Yes
hello guys. I am here in UAE and my wife works in Quebec. We have applied For PR together since long back. Finally we got CSQ at the end of Feb 2018. And we have submitted our CSQ to federal few days ago. Kindly guys can you help me to know next step and approximate time for all process to get PR card? After how long they will call me for visa medical? And after medical how long will it takes to ask my Passport forvisa stamps?
Dear seniors,

I stl didn’t get any reply or solutions for my questions. Please kindly help me..

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Guys, i hope somebody can help out. My husband (sponsor) is a Canadian citizen and he is sponsoring me (principal applicant) through inland spousal. I have 2 daughters (from a previous marriage currently living outland) and my husband has a son currently living with us on a study permit (from previous marriage-came as visitor last August 2017). We submitted our application last January with him as the sponsor, me with 3 dependents including his son all as accompanying. Our application was returned back to us but was not very clear as to why. We are just guessing right now that maybe his son should be sponsored separately and not part of my dependents? It did indicate on the returned documents that it has something to do with IMM008 but thats about it. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Your husband's son can't be included as a dependent in your application.

Was your husband born in Canada or naturalized as a Canadian before his son was born?