File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
GUYS, I have a technical question, I came to Canada as an international student in 2015, now on a PGWP that expires this August, My Canadian wife applied to sponsor me, application received on Dec 2017, Police certificate and Schedule forms uploaded, my application now is in process, the question now is, if I did not reach a DM by August, does that put me on implied status until I get a decision on the PR application?
or should I apply for an extension of my PGWP, because I am entitled for it as I already confirmed that with CIC call centre, I can always call them just don't want to be put on hold for 50 min. If someone has a similar situation please share your experience. I am currently in a time race, and I am lost, should I apply now, or wait, I feel I am loosing time here.
Depends how you were sponsored. If you were sponsored inland and included an Open Work Permit with the inland application, then you have implied status.

Feb 12, 2018
hello guys.
I have some problems with GENERIC APPLICATION FORM FOR CANADA for my wife.

DEPENDANT(S)
You must provide the following details about each of your family member, whether they will be accompanying you to Canada or not. You must include your spouse or common-law-partner, if applicable,and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse of common-law-partner, who are not already permanent residents or citizen of Canada.

while doing the application form we come across this and kindly of loss of what to do. Me and my child are both Canadian citizen. do we still have to include our child as dependant ?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
hello guys.
I have some problems with GENERIC APPLICATION FORM FOR CANADA for my wife.

DEPENDANT(S)
You must provide the following details about each of your family member, whether they will be accompanying you to Canada or not. You must include your spouse or common-law-partner, if applicable,and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse of common-law-partner, who are not already permanent residents or citizen of Canada.

while doing the application form we come across this and kindly of loss of what to do. Me and my child are both Canadian citizen. do we still have to include our child as dependant ?
No, you don't need to list you and your canadian child on IME0008 form as your wife's dependent( If you read the instruction carefully, it clearly stated to list all dependents that not a Canadian citizen or PR). But you do need to list you and your child on the additional family member form, which I forgot the IME number of the form (IME 5667?)

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Hey everyone,

I've totally lost on my issue and I hope you can help me, My wife sponsored me and we finally could send the documents 8th of February.
I quit my job back in my country and I moved Canda to start living together, unfortunately living together showed some new sides of the relationship and recently we started to think to separate and stop the process.
My question is I worked for an international construction company which has branches here in Toronto and I might be able to convince them to offer me a job with LMIA approval.

Do you think is it a big risk to withdraw from sponsorship and change to this way? and how long would it take to get a PR by this way?

Thank you

Sinhashish

Mar 5, 2018
Hi All,

I currently hold a PR and got married after completing my PR landing . My spouse checked her express entry points and found out that ,because she has masters and an extremely good ielts score , she has enough points to apply for a Canadian PR even without me sponsoring her. Is it legal for a married person to apply for Canadian express entry without sponsorsorhip even if his/her spouse already has a PR and is already residing in Canada ? Thanks in advance !!

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Hi All,

I currently hold a PR and got married after completing my PR landing . My spouse checked her express entry points and found out that ,because she has masters and an extremely good ielts score , she has enough points to apply for a Canadian PR even without me sponsoring her. Is it legal for a married person to apply for Canadian express entry without sponsorsorhip even if his/her spouse already has a PR and is already residing in Canada ? Thanks in advance !!
Yes, it is completely legal.

Reactions: Sinhashish

Bala123

Mar 5, 2018
Hello
I applied on August 18th, 2017 from Canada to my wife at India, the file reached India on dec, 1st, 2017, I haven’t received Any updates yet.

Could any one predict the process time for August 2017 applications plz

webs

Feb 16, 2018
British Columbia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missassauga
App. Filed.......
24-01-2018
AOR Received.
09-03-2018
File Transfer...
26-03-2018
Med's Request
15-03-2018
Med's Done....
04-11-2018
LANDED..........
2018-06-22
No, you don't need to list you and your canadian child on IME0008 form as your wife's dependent( If you read the instruction carefully, it clearly stated to list all dependents that not a Canadian citizen or PR). But you do need to list you and your child on the additional family member form, which I forgot the IME number of the form (IME 5667?)
I have a similar situation and am waiting for my AOR (app received Jan 24th). My husband has two children that are Canadian citizens from a previous marriage. We did not include them on the 0008 but put them on the 5667. I confirmed this with the call centre prior to submitting our application. I included a very short explanation letter after the 5667 in the package explaining that depndents are not listed on the IM0008 based on Canadian citizenship.

Feb 12, 2018
thank you for your help.

Aries69

Oct 24, 2015
Please advise,
CIC send AOR 1 to sponsor where they mentioned Application # and UCI #.
After AOR 1 applicant received an email from CIC in which they were asking about linking of application and they only mentioned application # in that email which was the same as sponosor but their is no UCI # in that email.
When principal applicant linked the application with Gckey , A seprate UCI # showing in applicant's account which is different then sponsor UCI #.
I have two questions:-

1:- IS UCI number of Sponsor and Principal Applicant different ?
2:When filling Schedule A Form(5669) which UCI # I have to write. The number which they give to sponsor in AOR1 or the number which is showing in Gckey account of applicant?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Please advise,
CIC send AOR 1 to sponsor where they mentioned Application # and UCI #.
After AOR 1 applicant received an email from CIC in which they were asking about linking of application and they only mentioned application # in that email which was the same as sponosor but their is no UCI # in that email.
When principal applicant linked the application with Gckey , A seprate UCI # showing in applicant's account which is different then sponsor UCI #.
I have two questions:-

1:- IS UCI number of Sponsor and Principal Applicant different ?
2:When filling Schedule A Form(5669) which UCI # I have to write. The number which they give to sponsor in AOR1 or the number which is showing in Gckey account of applicant?
Yes, they are different. Sch. A is part of PA's forms, so use PA's UCI#

Reactions: Aries69

redhotgalego

Star Member
Aug 20, 2015
They asked me on the web a few weeks ago to submit more documents. I did, but the application still says "your action is required". Is that normal?

LOVECANADALOVE

Jun 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello seniors,
Please advise me on my situation. I am a sponsor and my spouse is already in Canada. It's been 7 months he is here. Unfortunately I have physical disability sice 5 months. I have even trouble walking. In this situation how can I support myslf and him. He didn't get job yet.
So now what ill be the situation if I go for disability benefit since I sponsored my spouse and as I know we can't take benefits 3 years after sponsoring . :(
I appreciate your response

Thank you very much

Last edited:

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Hello seniors,
Please advise me on my situation. I am a sponsor and my spouse is already in Canada. It's been 7 months he is here. Unfortunately I have physical disability sice 5 months. I have even trouble walking. In this situation how can I support myslf and him. He didn't get job yet.
So now what ill be the situation if I go for disability benefit since I sponsored my spouse and as I know we can't take benefits 3 years after sponsoring . :(
I appreciate your response

Thank you very much
I don't know if claim disability will have negative impact on your case, but one thing you clearly misunderstood. The undertaking for 3 years only applies to PA, not you. If your husband claims any benefit within the 3 years period, you would be responsible to pay back.

D-Mac

Mar 4, 2013
Quick question regarding the police cert.

The letter from IRCC states:

"At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for:
1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more; and
2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18"

I have attained a police cert from my home country, to address part 2 the requirement. However, I have lived in Canada for the past six months (and more); do I have to provide a Canadian police certificate as well in order to address part 1 of the requirement?