+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

shahriar6567

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
guys, I have a quick question's

we have received AOR 16 Feb still no schedule A requested, the thing is we have linked our application with Principal applicant's name, does it make any difference? should we link our file with sponsor's family name? !!! (I know it seems silly to ask, I just wanted to double check)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello seniors,
Please advise me on my situation. I am a sponsor and my spouse is already in Canada. It's been 7 months he is here. Unfortunately I have physical disability sice 5 months. I have even trouble walking. In this situation how can I support myslf and him. He didn't get job yet.
So now what ill be the situation if I go for disability benefit since I sponsored my spouse and as I know we can't take benefits 3 years after sponsoring . :(
I appreciate your response

Thank you very much
You can be on disability as a sponsor. However, the issue would be that it generally takes some time to get disability and you would be put on regular welfare until then, which would make you ineligible to sponsor. You need to avoid that.

You can't go on welfare during the 3 years. Disability is treated different;y.

Reactions: CdnwifeUSwife

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I don't know if claim disability will have negative impact on your case, but one thing you clearly misunderstood. The undertaking for 3 years only applies to PA, not you. If your husband claims any benefit within the 3 years period, you would be responsible to pay back.
Welfare is based on the family. If the sponsor claims welfare during the 3 years, the spouse would be included and receive welfare as well. The sponsor would then eventually have to pay back the portion received for the spouse.

leo16

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 18,2011
Doc's Request.
sent
Nomination.....
sent
AOR Received.
November 14th,2011
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
December 22, 2011
Med's Request
January 5th, 2012
Med's Done....
January17,2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
PPR step-1 issued on 6-03-2012, PPR step-2 on May 02,2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 15, 2012.
LANDED..........
24 July, 2012

NewPRReciever

Jun 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I recently got an email for submitting a copy of the newly obtained passport in order to continue processing the PR application. I stupidly, just read the part where they said send a copy of the passport (instead of understanding that they needed a photocopy) and with that I sent my passport to CPC Mississauga. This morning I received an email that I needed to submit my passport for COPR in Ottawa, and then I shuddered thinking I made a big mistake somewhere, and re-read the email to understand they needed a copy :(
And now Ottawa needs the passport, I am truly screwed as I don't know where the passport is right now. Only plus being (they moved onto the next step and I am assuming they did see the new passport and also I sent a return express post cover to myself, just in case as I was not sure why they needed a copy of the passport. Anyone with any advice on what to do ?

myerrandsng

Feb 28, 2018
Please help with info:

My wife is Nigerian/Canadia and i am a Nigerian, we met long time ago in 2009. We started a relationship broke up and reconnected again years later. had our marriage registry in march before applying 3 months Fastforward, I have already passed the medical in Nov having applied in June and i have received an email that based on the evidence that you provided i am not satisfied that your marriage is genuine and/or that the primary reason for the marriage is other than for the purpose of gaining admission to Canada. i am not satisfied that the relationship is one of substance or of long lasting nature, you may not be considered to be a family class.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information so that we may continue processing your application. if we have not received a response from you within 30 days of this letter , your application will be assessed based on the information available on your file.

here is our update :
she came back in December and we did a big traditional wedding with our families as we only did registry in march before we submitted the application , our registry was basically just us and two family representative and a witness .. with supporting letters from our parents and family as well as friends in the application . my wife is currently 3 month pregnant now .

kindly advise how to respond , do i send the pictures of the pre-wedding , her bridal shower in Canada , our traditional wedding in defense by email ? or what am i to do and anyone with an idea how to respond. what are our chances , we are so worried ??

UTKARSH

Jun 8, 2009
Hi All, I am submitting application for my wife and I have few questions here can someone please help.

Questions
1) Can we submit form with Digital sign?

2) Do we need to submit an original affidavit for the name change?

3) Is there any specific requirement for an original document or can we submit a photocopy or scanned and printed documents?

4) Max number of photographs is 20 as its hard to cover all type of pictures can we submit more pictures?

5) sponsored person is from India so can we submit PCC upfront?

6) Is supporting letters from family members is a must ?

Thanks in advance

Vik86

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Hii anybody can explain whats happening to my case ?

I am sponsering my wife and did submitted file at mississauga office and i did submitted medical and medicals passed ! I did submitted pcc and schedule A as they requested and after 2 weeks still no AOR 2 , it says we are reviewing the documents u submitted and even it says we are processing ur background check ! Really wonder whats hapening ?

Thanks

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Please help with info:

My wife is Nigerian/Canadia and i am a Nigerian, we met long time ago in 2009. We started a relationship broke up and reconnected again years later. had our marriage registry in march before applying 3 months Fastforward, I have already passed the medical in Nov having applied in June and i have received an email that based on the evidence that you provided i am not satisfied that your marriage is genuine and/or that the primary reason for the marriage is other than for the purpose of gaining admission to Canada. i am not satisfied that the relationship is one of substance or of long lasting nature, you may not be considered to be a family class.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information so that we may continue processing your application. if we have not received a response from you within 30 days of this letter , your application will be assessed based on the information available on your file.

here is our update :
she came back in December and we did a big traditional wedding with our families as we only did registry in march before we submitted the application , our registry was basically just us and two family representative and a witness .. with supporting letters from our parents and family as well as friends in the application . my wife is currently 3 month pregnant now .

kindly advise how to respond , do i send the pictures of the pre-wedding , her bridal shower in Canada , our traditional wedding in defense by email ? or what am i to do and anyone with an idea how to respond. what are our chances , we are so worried ??
You need to write a letter telling your family and relationship are real and describe what happened after you applied: official ceremony, visiting each other and that your wife is pregnant. You should also provide proofs like photos, letters from friends/relatives and a medical paper confirming your wife is expecting a baby.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Hi All, I am submitting application for my wife and I have few questions here can someone please help.

Questions
1) Can we submit form with Digital sign?

2) Do we need to submit an original affidavit for the name change?

3) Is there any specific requirement for an original document or can we submit a photocopy or scanned and printed documents?

4) Max number of photographs is 20 as its hard to cover all type of pictures can we submit more pictures?

5) sponsored person is from India so can we submit PCC upfront?

6) Is supporting letters from family members is a must ?

Thanks in advance
1. Forms should have wet signatures. No digital signing.

4. Submit 20 only. If they want more they will ask for it. They ask for 20 for a reason.

5. PCCs are now required to be submitted up front.

6. No its an option in a checklist section. If you choose to fulfil that option yes you do. If you choose the other options no you dont.

The other questions i dont know.

frmBD

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Dear Experts,

I am in a confusing situation. I am sponsoring my wife and at my ECAS it is shown decision made for 3 weeks, however, yet to receive approval letter IRCC. When it is shown decision made on my ECAS, In process was shown at my spouses ECAS. We submitted PCC and Schedule A.On the other hand 3 days ago my wife recently has recently received AOR2 from processing visa office. As I am living at Montreal my wife needs to get CSQ from Quebec with SA. Without sponsors approval letter and CSQ how processing visa office will process our application.It is mentionable that she did not receive any medical request.

Is there anything wrong at our application, or what I can do in this situation. I am worried. please advice me.

maryj12565

Mar 9, 2018
  1. Hello, guys, please help me out here

I went to an agency for the help of my application, and I submitted the application last year.

I was just checking my IMM5669 form, one of the section (personal history section), I was supposed to write down all my activities in the past 10 years which included studying, travel, and work. And I realized that my agent (she typed in all the information for me) did not write down any of my working and travel experiences in that section. But I did submitted all my passport pages (which can see where I went), and I do tax turn every year (not trying to work secretly).

I did not get any call or letters regarding this section here, and I am already at the last stage with my application (Got DM letter). Will I be in trouble because of this? Should I explain it when I have the interview? Or will my application be rejected because of this?
    I provided all the information needed for the application, but I don't know why the agent did not write it down on that section.

I am very worried.

Thank you

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
  1. Hello, guys, please help me out here

I went to an agency for the help of my application, and I submitted the application last year.

I was just checking my IMM5669 form, one of the section (personal history section), I was supposed to write down all my activities in the past 10 years which included studying, travel, and work. And I realized that my agent (she typed in all the information for me) did not write down any of my working and travel experiences in that section. But I did submitted all my passport pages (which can see where I went), and I do tax turn every year (not trying to work secretly).

I did not get any call or letters regarding this section here, and I am already at the last stage with my application (Got DM letter). Will I be in trouble because of this? Should I explain it when I have the interview? Or will my application be rejected because of this?
    I provided all the information needed for the application, but I don't know why the agent did not write it down on that section.

I am very worried.

Thank you

If you already got your DM, then there's nothing to worry about. If CIC didn't like something, they would ask you to update that form.

maryj12565

Mar 9, 2018
If you already got your DM, then there's nothing to worry about. If CIC didn't like something, they would ask you to update that form.
Christina,
Thank you so much for your reply.

I also worry that.. I have to apply a work permit, and on the application form, I need to fill out whether I worked or not. If I write down I worked, it will be contradict with what my agent wrote on my 5669.. will that be a big problem? (My agent didn’t write down I worked and now I’m applying work permit saying that I worked)...

balkan17

Sep 5, 2017
Your application is undergoing an assessment of provided information. We cannot provide a time frame as to when the assessment will be completed. However, we will contact you as soon as we have further information.

Sincerely,
This is the answer to my question about my application.My ECAS does not change for 5 months still in process!!!