Spousal sponsorship

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
Hi all, quick question:

For the part "Other proof that your relationship is recognized by your friends and/or family (e.g. Letters from friends/family, social media information showing a public relationship etc.)" - we're thinking of also including the cards and letters received during our wedding however some of them are not all in English, do we have to translate these as well?
You can translate it yourself and attach to original wedding cards/letters.

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
Hi all, quick question:

For the part "Other proof that your relationship is recognized by your friends and/or family (e.g. Letters from friends/family, social media information showing a public relationship etc.)" - we're thinking of also including the cards and letters received during our wedding however some of them are not all in English, do we have to translate these as well?
You can translate it yourself and attach to original wedding cards/letters.

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
Hi everyone. Quick question.

My husband is about to send his required documents (Schedule A Background/Declaration Form and NBI Clearance) to CPC Mississauga. The instruction in the letter he received from Mississauga states to submit in the following address if sending it by mail.

Required Documents
CPC Mississauga/CTD Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A / CP 6100 Station A
Mississauga ON L5A 4H4

Now the lady in LBC (where we're supposed to send the documents) stated if there is a PO Box, they won't send it because it is a post office. And I don't trust our post office if we really have to send it through them due to recent experience. So can we not put the PO Box 6100, Station A in the to address and just put the CP 6100 Station A..? Or we really have to put the entire above address from their letter?

I hope somebody can answer my question. It will really help us and will be greatly appreciated.

God bless..
CP means case postale, French version of PO BOx, so it wouldn't solve your problem to use only CP 6100. You can send it by express post or use the CIC courier address http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/mississauga.asp

Arb1990

Mar 28, 2017
Lahore, Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Feb 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 9 2017
AOR Received.
Feb 28 2017
File Transfer...
March 15 2017
Med's Request
March 15 2017
Med's Done....
March 23 2017
Seniors please guide.
I am from Pakistan.My husband has submitted my application to CIC. My application is received by LVO on 24th March 2017. Its been three months and there is no update. I was wondering should i wait or request them to share the status.

Below is my timeline:
App received by CIC: February 1, 2017
AOR:February 28, 2017
Decision Made: 16 March 2017
Forwarded to LVO: 24 March 2017
Medical Done: 23 March 2017 (they have confirmed that medical is received).

thechampion

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016
ok so guys .. finally.. I m an october 25 th applicant and i got the request for "intent to move back to canada"

I am including the following:

1) Job offer letter from Canada

2) Email with college advisor discussing to enroll in school once i m back

3) A letter from my mother stating that she owns a home and she will acommodate us

4) Car insurance stating that a car is under my name in canada

Do you guys think its enough or I should add something else?

benisimo

Jul 3, 2017
Hi all, another quick question:
Checklist says to include most recent CRA notice of assessment. I'm trying to retrieve a copy from CRA website however the one from there doesn't have the required "Line 150 - Total Income". Should I submit the original notice of assessment which I got with my tax return this year or a scanned copy is fine?

EDIT: sorry, another question - I feel that this is a common one (and apologies if it's a foolish one) but what do you do if the complete address won't fit the box while filling it up thru Adobe? CIC site says: "Addresses should be written out in full without using any abbreviations". Is it really necessary to attach an extra sheet for the full/complete address?

Thank you

Last edited:

cmc

Jul 12, 2017
Hello!

New to this site, as me (Canadian) and my partner (British) had applied for a conjugal sponsorship and had thought we had selected the visa that fit best for us, as we hadn't lived together continuously for 12 months at the time of our application was sent in.

He had lived in Canada on a Youth Mobility Visa (we had dated long distance for a year previously) , but could not get a job in his field so we decided for him to move back to the UK and I followed him 4 months later with my own Working Visa. We applied for a conjugal sponsorship 6 months after me moving to the UK because we hadn't been common-law and the processing times at the time of our application were 12-18 months and we did not want to have my visa run out and not have an answer of if he could move back and work in Canada or not. We have gotten a reply back from the High Commissions this week saying that they are not satisfied that we maintained a conjugal partnership for at least one year, and that we don't meet the interdependent economically or physically. The evidence for our romantic relationship is sufficient, however they need to be satisfied of our conjugal relationship.

We have now lived together for over a year, are sending 2 lease agreements, bills from our old apartment and our new apartment. A joint bank account, however we had that previously when we sent our documents in but it had a insignificant amount of money in the account. We have now put more money into the account, however not a huge amount to show we are interdependent economically because it is a savings account and immigration is expensive! We have printed bank statements of bank transfers to each other, as my partner had most of the bills in his name and I would just send him money for my share.

Retrospectively I now know conjugal sponsorship is difficult to obtain and we should have waited for us to be common law but we wanted to make sure we had everything organized and trying to be proactive.

My question is can/will they change our application to a common law, and will the new lease, bills and bank statements be enough to prove we are physically and economically interdependent?

Any help or answers would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
Anyone have problems submitting Schedule A forms? I keep submitting them through our profile and a few days later we get a request letter for a replacement. I didn't sign it because the forms say to electronically sign, however the basic guide says to sign. It's concerning to me since these must be submitted by August.
what was the reason they asking for replacement of schedule A? Did the request letter specifically say anything?

Cherry10

Jul 13, 2017
Hello everyone,
My husband sponsor me on 9th June, 2017 from Canada. But still we can't get application number. So can anyone tell us what is the time period of application number?? And after getting application number we can link up with online right?? Plaese help us

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hello everyone,
My husband sponsor me on 9th June, 2017 from Canada. But still we can't get application number. So can anyone tell us what is the time period of application number?? And after getting application number we can link up with online right?? Plaese help us
It takes anywhere from 2-6 weeks. Once you get the correspondence you will be able to link online. Try not to stress too much :)

yj1

Apr 28, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Lebanon
AOR Received.
02-05-2017
Med's Request
04-05-2017
Med's Done....
11-05-2017
Hello guys, my below timeline on my GCKey account is the same since March 7, 2017:

Where is this application? Details
Application status --------------------------We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility--------------------------We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results------------------You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents--------- Not applicable.
Interview---------------------------------------You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check---------------------------Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.
Final decision---------------------------------Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Is there anyone in the same situation ? (Review of eligibility is taking too long)
Hello Alaa! We're both applying from Beirut !

sarahbreland

Feb 20, 2017
Good day! I hope aomeone can help enlighten me. I just want to know how long does it usually takes to get a response from CIC after submitting police certificate and Schedule A background. It's been a month since I submitted mine through IRCC webform but I haven't received any response on what to do next or if my husband has been approved of sponsoring us. Thank you in advance.

torontian

Apr 3, 2017
GTA
Hi All

I am filling the spousal immigration form to sponsor my wife from Pakistan.

Now CIC introduced a new form regarding Details of Military service.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5546E.pdf

My wife never worked for the Military, but she does have a Govt job.

But her dad used to work for Military and now he is still a senior level Govt Officer.
Question?
Do I have to fill this form considering her dad was a military man?
Really confused about this.

Thanks
P.S. IF SOMEOnE RECENTLY DID SPOUSAL IMMIGRATION FROM PAK PLEASE MESSAGE ME, I REALLY NEED HELP FILLING FORMS.