Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some update form my side.

Two days of calling every possible place in Germany and Canada and we are not really smarter than before. It really is a thing of stupidity that is at display.
So IRCC is requesting the RCMP Criminal Record Check. RCMP says that everyone outside Canada will have to get their fingerprints and sent them to an agency which will digitize everything and forward it to RCMP. Big problem here is. No police office takes fingerprints of you. All they say is they only take fingerprints if you commit a crime which is out of the question. My first question here. How is that in other countries? Can you just go to your local police and get your fingerprints taken? Are we that behind, or more secure? Its crazy.
So suggesting RCMP to come to Canada and get the prints and check done seems to be out of the question because I´m not a Canadian citizen. Same goes for any other local police station. Which is fine, I mean I get that makes sense but leaves us with just a big mess of unknowing.

Only option we are seeing now is going to a Commissionaires office in Canada and let them do the fingerprints, forward everything to RCMP and sent the results back. In hopes that this will satisfy IRCCs needs which is totally unclear at the moment as well.

Now what I´m really wondering is, Im certainly not the only person doing this process that has been in Canada for more than six months which should result in more people having to go through this process. Is it really that Germany is one of the few countries were printed fingerprints are a complete no no? Am I missing something here and overthink everything?

Has anyone any insights n this whole situation? I´m thankful for any suggestions or input.

Pranavuk

Dec 2, 2016
Hi,

I am principal applicant of family class sponsorship program. My file is under processing. Recently my spouse's passport has been renewed. Is there a need of filing a case specific to the visa office for the same?

LOHITHA

Apr 1, 2017
Hi,
I have submitted my application last month (I am the principal applicant) and i have received a mail yesterday to link my application to an online account. I am sponsored by my spouse who has been here for more than one year now on his PR. Today i received a mail stating my husband's uci and same application num as mine. the email stated that they have received my husband's application for PR. But he is already a PR. so is this the regular mail they send or should i be contacting them. Please provide any insight into this.

Thank you

dlre

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LOHITHA said:
Hi,
I have submitted my application last month (I am the principal applicant) and i have received a mail yesterday to link my application to an online account. I am sponsored by my spouse who has been here for more than one year now on his PR. Today i received a mail stating my husband's uci and same application num as mine. the email stated that they have received my husband's application for PR. But he is already a PR. so is this the regular mail they send or should i be contacting them. Please provide any insight into this.

Thank you
It's just a standard letter acknowledging the receipt of his application to sponsor you. They send one to the applicant and one to the sponsor. No biggie.

Fa1co

Apr 3, 2017
Hi guys

First of all I would like to express my gratitude for having found this forum and having read a large amount of threads on this topic. It made me realise that there is a high level of competency with all of the knowledgable users here and I do appreciate it.

If anyone feels that they can contructively help with my query, please feel free to do so.

My wife and I are currently living in the UK, me being a German citizen and her being a Canadian citizen. We're hoping to successfully apply for the Family Class visa as we got married in August 2014 and have since then lived together in the UK. In regards to a work permit, I do understand the many options out there and now have a little concern with the processing times as I've quit my job in the UK for good and will go home to Germany for a couple of weeks before traveling to Canada. We're aiming to apply via the outland option as we can currently provide all the relevant documents for a married couple living together such as joint utility bills etc.

I am just wondering whether it's feasible to apply via the outland option and then my wife would travel back home first, only to be joined by me 1 month later. I am aware that by then, the application would have been submitted already, however I'm unsure if this would be the best route to go down or if there's anything else I could do to speed up getting my work permit, as ideally I would like to start working as soon as possible as I'll be legally entitled to.

I hope you don't mind me asking this and if anything is unclear, I'd love to provide more information, if necessary. Hopefully, someone can help me out here.

Many thanks

Falco

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
Fa1co said:
My wife and I are currently living in the UK, me being a German citizen and her being a Canadian citizen. We're hoping to successfully apply for the Family Class visa as we got married in August 2014 and have since then lived together in the UK. In regards to a work permit, I do understand the many options out there and now have a little concern with the processing times as I've quit my job in the UK for good and will go home to Germany for a couple of weeks before traveling to Canada. We're aiming to apply via the outland option as we can currently provide all the relevant documents for a married couple living together such as joint utility bills etc.

... or if there's anything else I could do to speed up getting my work permit, as ideally I would like to start working as soon as possible as I'll be legally entitled to.
Your plan doesn't involve a work permit (at least, not from what you've said). If you apply inland, you can apply for a spousal work permit while you wait (you must both be in Canada when you apply). If you apply outland, you cannot apply for a spousal work permit. You might be able to get a different one, but in that case it wouldn't be relevant when you applied, and speeding it up would be completely separate from your PR application.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Fa1co said:
Hi guys

First of all I would like to express my gratitude for having found this forum and having read a large amount of threads on this topic. It made me realise that there is a high level of competency with all of the knowledgable users here and I do appreciate it.

If anyone feels that they can contructively help with my query, please feel free to do so.

I am just wondering whether it's feasible to apply via the outland option and then my wife would travel back home first, only to be joined by me 1 month later. I am aware that by then, the application would have been submitted already, however I'm unsure if this would be the best route to go down or if there's anything else I could do to speed up getting my work permit, as ideally I would like to start working as soon as possible as I'll be legally entitled to.

I hope you don't mind me asking this and if anything is unclear, I'd love to provide more information, if necessary. Hopefully, someone can help me out here.

Many thanks

Falco
hi, it's no problem at all if you visit your wife in canada while your outland application is processing. it's usually best to travel with a refundable return ticket, because even though you are applying for PR, you still don't have permission to "move to" or "live in" canada until approved. you will also not want to travel with all your worldly posessions - just the amount of things someone would normally bring when visiting.

I believe UK is currently taking 8-10 months for outland approval. it of course depends on which visa office your application will be processing at.

note, outland applicants are not eligible for the spousal sponsorship OWP. that is specific to inland applications and it is generally issued in about 4 months after submitting the application. It's usually not recommended to apply inland for most people because even though IRCC has a 12 month initiative for all spousal applications, Inland is still going through a backlog and people are still waiting a long time for approval. Also, you'll have to stay in canada and not go on extended trips outside of canada for the duration of your application , which can be tough for most people to do.

J.Kadi

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fa1co said:
Hi guys

Many thanks

Falco
Just to add.....they will request a police certificate for any country you've lived in for more than 6 months at a time. So, if you plan on going back to Germany then traveling to Canada, be prepared to provide a police certificate from both the UK and Germany a few months down the line.

"You do not have to submit police certificates now. After your application is received, you will be requested to a) submit a validated Schedule A: Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form for yourself (and any family members 18 or over), and b) provide police certificates."

raj99

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10 april 2017 & 25-05-2017
Doc's Request.
15 july 2017
AOR Received.
June 24,2017
IELTS Request
--------
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
June 29, 2017
Med's Done....
Med passed- July 10, 2017
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
dm and ppr 28th march
VISA ISSUED...
--
LANDED..........
-
Hi everyone
I have s question regarding my spouse passport. She has actually applied for renewal and she will be getting a new passport issued with new no. I am going to apply for sponsorship this week for her. Can I apply with old passport copy and later update her passport with IRCC or should I wait for new one? I just don't want to waste time waiting for it. The one she had is already valid till sept 2018. Any advice would be appreciated

simewhit

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone, I'm really hoping someone can help me with this! I'm sponsoring my husband (US citizen, outland) for permanent residence. Our application has been received and he has been requested to link his application to his online account and submit his Schedule A form. However, he has NOT been able to link his application for almost two weeks now. He has tried every combination of application number, UCI, family name, given names, date of birth, passport info, etc., and all the information he submits matches our application EXACTLY. However, he still gets an error message every time saying it doesn't match IRCC's records. Does anyone know what to do about this?

There is only one thing I can think of that could be causing an issue, which I will do my best to explain. We filled out most of the application in Adobe, which required us to use its drop-down menus at certain times. So, for the city in which we intend to live, we selected Surrey, BC. However, when you select the town/city you intend to live in while trying to link your application, the option for Surrey is "Surrey, C.-B." Same city, just in French, for some reason. Could this be causing the problem?

Other than that, it seems like there must be some kind of trick we're missing, or an issue on IRCC's end. We really don't want to have to wait until our application has "passed normal processing times" just to get a solution for this simple problem.

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
simewhit said:
Hello everyone, I'm really hoping someone can help me with this! I'm sponsoring my husband (US citizen, outland) for permanent residence. Our application has been received and he has been requested to link his application to his online account and submit his Schedule A form. However, he has NOT been able to link his application for almost two weeks now. He has tried every combination of application number, UCI, family name, given names, date of birth, passport info, etc., and all the information he submits matches our application EXACTLY. However, he still gets an error message every time saying it doesn't match IRCC's records. Does anyone know what to do about this?

There is only one thing I can think of that could be causing an issue, which I will do my best to explain. We filled out most of the application in Adobe, which required us to use its drop-down menus at certain times. So, for the city in which we intend to live, we selected Surrey, BC. However, when you select the town/city you intend to live in while trying to link your application, the option for Surrey is "Surrey, C.-B." Same city, just in French, for some reason. Could this be causing the problem?

Other than that, it seems like there must be some kind of trick we're missing, or an issue on IRCC's end. We really don't want to have to wait until our application has "passed normal processing times" just to get a solution for this simple problem.
Almost everyone has problems linking the application. It's a tricky thing. The less info you enter, the more successful you are likely to be. This is the combination that seems to work for most people:

Application Number
Applicant's Name
City of Birth: Leave blank, but click on the box and hit the space bar once.
Applicant's Country
Where you plan to reside in Canada: Sponsor's address as it appears on the application.
Number of Applicants: 2 (applicant and sponsor)

Leave the passport info blank. You might have to play around with number of applicants, but 2 is fairly lucky.

simewhit

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianZenGirl said:
Almost everyone has problems linking the application. It's a tricky thing. The less info you enter, the more successful you are likely to be. This is the combination that seems to work for most people:

Application Number
Applicant's Name
City of Birth: Leave blank, but click on the box and hit the space bar once.
Applicant's Country
Where you plan to reside in Canada: Sponsor's address as it appears on the application.
Number of Applicants: 2 (applicant and sponsor)

Leave the passport info blank. You might have to play around with number of applicants, but 2 is fairly lucky.
Thank you so much - we will try this!

mrs.paranoid02

Star Member
Sep 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
02-11-16
Doc's Request.
No additional documents
AOR Received.
04-11-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-05-16
Passport Req..
15-05-16 DM on ECAS- 13-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2017
LANDED..........
Soooooon :)
If I link my application, am I still gonna receive email updates from MnlImmigration?

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
mrs.paranoid02 said:
If I link my application, am I still gonna receive email updates from MnlImmigration?
Yes.