+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

kimreyes

Jan 25, 2017
hi i submitted my husband and my application using the new form last january 10 i saw some posts that they already have their aor emails. im so anxious not receiving mine yet.

CGomez

Sep 26, 2013
Good Day,

I am submitting my in land spousal application this February and still hesitant to include my 2 dependents because my husband (canadian citizen) the once who is sponsoring me didn't work last year as much its life just 5 months out or 12 in a year. I am kind of scared that it may get refuse if they check on the money matter or does it matter at all? I am under Student visa right now, Its just should I include my kids on my application or me first then kid to follow??? please give some advice base on experience or knowledge.

Regards to all.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
CGomez said:
Good Day,

I am submitting my in land spousal application this February and still hesitant to include my 2 dependents because my husband (canadian citizen) the once who is sponsoring me didn't work last year as much its life just 5 months out or 12 in a year. I am kind of scared that it may get refuse if they check on the money matter or does it matter at all? I am under Student visa right now, Its just should I include my kids on my application or me first then kid to follow??? please give some advice base on experience or knowledge.

Regards to all.
You need to include your kids on the application, even if they wouldn't be accompanying. But they have to be on there. If you left them off the application entirely, you would be unable to sponsor them in the future.

I have a child, and my husband is sponsoring me. He doesn't have substantial income. There's no minimum income requirement, you just have to show that you'll be able to get by without going on welfare. We provided proof of savings accounts as well as a letter of support from his parents since we'll be living with them initially after arriving.

ankrish

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
24-02-2017
AOR Received.
14-03-2017
File Transfer...
22-06-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-12-2016
Hi!

Apparently there were changes in the Spousal Sponsorship category.

My husband already did an upfront medical and we only need to submit our papers (old application package) but there is no way that we can beat the deadline on January 31. What will happen on the medical exam that my husband? should I still submit it along with the new application package?

Please!

I need help... :(

Anna

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
ankrish said:
Hi!

My husband already did an upfront medical and we only need to submit our papers (old application package) but there is no way that we can beat the deadline on January 31. What will happen on the medical exam that my husband? should I still submit it along with the new application package?

Please!

Anna
If you can't get it out to them by the 31st then the insturctions say not to include the medical as they will request one at a later date. I would include it anyway, as long as the medical is still valid they may accept it and process your application. Worst case is they don't accept it being late and request a new one. Either way I would include it, they won't decline your application because you included it. I included my police certificate with the new forms and they requested me to upload a schedule A but they didn't request a NEW police certificate, so I'm guessing that I'm good. Who knows until they actually go to process it though

ankrish

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
24-02-2017
AOR Received.
14-03-2017
File Transfer...
22-06-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-12-2016
barch88 said:
If you can't get it out to them by the 31st then the insturctions say not to include the medical as they will request one at a later date. I would include it anyway, as long as the medical is still valid they may accept it and process your application. Worst case is they don't accept it being late and request a new one. Either way I would include it, they won't decline your application because you included it. I included my police certificate with the new forms and they requested me to upload a schedule A but they didn't request a NEW police certificate, so I'm guessing that I'm good. Who knows until they actually go to process it though
I am I bit panicky here. I just knew about the changes right now. as in Right now... We finished everything and we have to change it again :(

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
ankrish said:
Hi!

Please!

Anna
Please read the checklist for the new application kit. It specifies what to do if you already completed the upfront medical exam.

dlre

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bananaoatmeal said:
We included information about how we will be able to support ourselves financially in Canada, and some of the proofs include the amount of savings that we have in both of our bank accounts. But for the "evidence of relationship" portion of the application, we will show them Western Union money transfers from the sponsor to the applicant. But wouldn't it be weird to show them if we also show the fact that the principal applicant has a good amount of savings in his bank account?

We have zero idea about taxes. A Notice of Reassessment is as equal as a Notice of Assessment, right? And it should be for the year 2015 if I am sending the application now?

Thank you for answers.
a)Yes, a notice of reassessment is basically they just looked at your taxes again and changed the information.
b)If you haven't file your taxes for 2016 then yes, you should be sending in your 2015 taxes.
c) no it is not weird if you should the PA having a good portion of savings in bank account.

dlre

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ak_indi said:
Thanks danawhitaker,
Please suggest if the employment or source of income or funds important when sponsoring spouse (no children). I do not have employment or much funds as a new immigrant and mostly stayed outside canada due to and after marriage.
Any suggestions with possible information from CIC would really help me understand the importance of this requirement.
There are no income requirement for sponsoring a spouse but you need to be able to show that you can support your spouse since you will be on the hook for 5 years after they landed. So even if you don't have a job right now, if you have a healthy bank account, show that ;D

ankrish

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
24-02-2017
AOR Received.
14-03-2017
File Transfer...
22-06-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-12-2016
danawhitaker said:
Please read the checklist for the new application kit. It specifies what to do if you already completed the upfront medical exam.
It only says about theose who can submit the application by the 31st of the month. The problem is, the package from my husband will arrive past Jan 31st...

ankrish

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
24-02-2017
AOR Received.
14-03-2017
File Transfer...
22-06-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-12-2016
Do I need to past a Proof of Relationship in the new application package?

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
ankrish said:
It only says about theose who can submit the application by the 31st of the month. The problem is, the package from my husband will arrive past Jan 31st...
You cannot send the old application kit after the 31st. But the checklist for the new kit, which you *can* send, specifically says what to do if you did your medical upfront already. For some reason I cannot paste the text from the PDF. Please read the bottom of page 5 of IMM 5533.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5533E.pdf

Calgaryzach

Nov 14, 2015
My wife and I are submitting the new application soon but have a quick question... For social media proof we have printed 28 pages of proof that shows friends and family commenting on posts with pictures we shared (trip to Taiwan, dates together, other travels in Canada etc etc..), we want to also add 1-2 pictures printed from Costco or London Drugs for each social media posting (28 pages of posts, 1 post per page), will this be okay?

We also want to include more than 20 pictures if possible on top of the social media proof pictures, is it okay to do this? We just want to show as much evidence/proof of relationship so we don't chance getting an interview

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Calgaryzach said:
My wife and I are submitting the new application soon but have a quick question... For social media proof we have printed 28 pages of proof that shows friends and family commenting on posts with pictures we shared (trip to Taiwan, dates together, other travels in Canada etc etc..), we want to also add 1-2 pictures printed from Costco or London Drugs for each social media posting (28 pages of posts, 1 post per page), will this be okay?

We also want to include more than 20 pictures if possible on top of the social media proof pictures, is it okay to do this? We just want to show as much evidence/proof of relationship so we don't chance getting an interview

I'd suggest just following the instructions.

Kosovo2016

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Kosovo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 january 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Passport Req..
Hey
I would like to ask if someone knows is it possible that the application will lasts longer than the processing time that is written in online services?

Thanks