Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
filipinopositive1982 said:
I have a wife in Canada with PR status and soon she will be sponsoring me to Canada, she already knows my situation. Do you have any idea how hard will be the process? Please. Thank you so much for your help
it's a very simple process, all you have to do is provide enough proof of your relationship and marriage along with you application. click on the link on how to apply.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
filipinopositive1982 said:
MonzB said:
it's a very simple process, all you have to do is provide enough proof of your relationship and marriage along with you application. click on the link on how to apply.

I forgot to say that i am HIV positive
check out this group, I think you may have a chance of being approved.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/hiv-positive-can-i-apply-for-permanent-residency-of-canada-t6645.0.html

MarJon

Jan 20, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
MarJon said:
Hi everyone,

Newbie husband here trying to sponsor my wife :). I just want to ask a one question in regards to the forms.
My name shown on my passport does not contain my mothers maiden name. The other IDs that I have, do.

Passport Example below:

Surname: ZZZ
Given Names: AAA BBB

My other ID's (citizenship, drivers, healthcard, etc):

First Name: AAA BBB
Middle Name(mother's maiden): CCC
Surname: ZZZ

On the IMM1344, it is stated that I put my name as shown on my passport. On question 6, do I write down my middle name as shown from my other IDs?

Also on the other forms including my wifes(applicant), do I put my name as shown on my passport or my legal full name?

Thanks for the help. :)
Hi can anyone help me out here, please :(

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
MarJon said:
Not sure what you mean by "mother's maiden name", is that some kind of additional ID feature or a traditional appropriation? Only put what's on your passport, as I assume that's your actual name. You don't go by your mother's maiden name normally, right?

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
MarJon said:
Hi Marjon,

What you are describing is typical of countries / cultures where the parents names become part of your name....my husband who is an Arab had the same situation except it was his father's name shown as his "middle" name.

In this case, he put only his first / family name on the forms and then we added a short note explaining that the middle name on the passport was his father's name and not part of his name. Be sure to reference the form number and question number in the note as well as include the name of the applicant and sponsor (in case the note becomes separated from your file)

Hope this helps.

C.

Lukeezekiel27

Jan 26, 2017
Aquakitty said:
Not sure what you mean by "mother's maiden name", is that some kind of additional ID feature or a traditional appropriation? Only put what's on your passport, as I assume that's your actual name. You don't go by your mother's maiden name normally, right?
Hi! Can you please help me my husband is a permanent resident turning 1 year on march he's planning to sponsor me and he receive child benefits for our son is he eligible to sponsor me?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Lukeezekiel27 said:
Hi! Can you please help me my husband is a permanent resident turning 1 year on march he's planning to sponsor me and he receive child benefits for our son is he eligible to sponsor me?
Yes - he can sponsor you.

chacha91

Jun 27, 2016
Hi everyone!

I applied inland and sent my application with the work permit. But it was the last day of my visa's validity, will they still count it, would validation of my visa still apply even though I paid and sent my application on the last day?
Because they received the application next day.

Should I apply for a restoration of status?

Does anyone have an idea about it?
I'd really appreciate your help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
chacha91 said:
Hi everyone!

I applied inland and sent my application with the work permit. But it was the last day of my visa's validity, will they still count it, would validation of my visa still apply even though I paid and sent my application on the last day?
Because they received the application next day.

Should I apply for a restoration of status?

Does anyone have an idea about it?
I'd really appreciate your help.
If the application was received after your visa expired, you are unfortunately out of status and will have to apply to restore your status. The application needed to be received by CIC before your current visa expired. If you're working, you'll need to stop immediately.

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
mirkopal said:
If you are a PR, you must reside in Canada in order to sponsor your spouse. You can chance short vacations (remember that a Canadian vacation is generally no longer than 2 weeks) but if immigration finds out that you are not in Canada, you risk getting your application refused.

It is not exactly true. Yesterday the President of the Canadian Association of Immigration Lawyer called me. He told me that someone is resident in Canada when live minimum 6 months on Canadian soil each year. So someone can also take 1 month vacation during this period and HE IS STILL resident in Canada...
You have to reside in Canada 183 days for each year and total of 732 days for 4 year unless you are married to someone who is a Canadian citizen and can give a valid reason for being away.

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MonzB said:
You have to reside in Canada 183 days for each year and total of 732 days for 4 year unless you are married to someone who is a Canadian citizen and can give a valid reason for being away.
That figure is only for heath benefits and residency obligations , a PR must remain in Canada during the process of the spousal application or it will be refused .

chacha91

Jun 27, 2016
scylla said:
If the application was received after your visa expired, you are unfortunately out of status and will have to apply to restore your status. The application needed to be received by CIC before your current visa expired. If you're working, you'll need to stop immediately.
Thank you very much for the reply!
I am not working, I work online for a company from home I've been working there 3.5 years. So I was here with my visitor visa, now I think I have 90 days to restore my status, is that correct?
Should I wait for a reply from CIC, or should I just apply for restoration right away?
Thank you!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Lukeezekiel27 said:
When was your son born? When did you get married? Did you live together before he became a PR last March?