Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
ak_indi said:
Did you got any update on this? I am not sure what i can provide as "proof that relationship is recognized by your friends" Any ideas please. Can we provide the marriage visit card or pictures for this do we need actual letters from relatives or any facebook account
I had social media statuses that my friends liked or commented on that were about our relationship. For our wedding, actually, two of our best friends were the official witnesses who signed the marriage license. We had pictures and receipts and Facebook check-ins from outings with mutual friends over the course of our relationship, as well as with the friends who were able to attend the wedding. Had we asked, they would have been willing to write letters on our behalf, but we felt the proof we provided up to that point was enough.

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
danawhitaker said:
I had social media statuses that my friends liked or commented on that were about our relationship. For our wedding, actually, two of our best friends were the official witnesses who signed the marriage license. We had pictures and receipts and Facebook check-ins from outings with mutual friends over the course of our relationship, as well as with the friends who were able to attend the wedding. Had we asked, they would have been willing to write letters on our behalf, but we felt the proof we provided up to that point was enough.
Thanks danawhitaker,
Please suggest if the employment or source of income or funds important when sponsoring spouse (no children). I do not have employment or much funds as a new immigrant and mostly stayed outside canada due to and after marriage.
Any suggestions with possible information from CIC would really help me understand the importance of this requirement.

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
mrsislamaj24 said:
As well we got married a almost a year after he was deported. He was deported because when you come to Canada as an illegal refugee there is only so many applications you can put it and that can be denied before you are sent back home.
Hello there,

I have been reading the forum for more than year but I just submit my application this January, and this is the first time i ask somebody a question and my situation is similar to yours as per the Deportation and marriage, I marry my husband after a year and a half, have your application been refused? I live in Canada and husband in Mexico but i visit him very often and I'm a PR.

bananaoatmeal

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
We included information about how we will be able to support ourselves financially in Canada, and some of the proofs include the amount of savings that we have in both of our bank accounts. But for the "evidence of relationship" portion of the application, we will show them Western Union money transfers from the sponsor to the applicant. But wouldn't it be weird to show them if we also show the fact that the principal applicant has a good amount of savings in his bank account?

We have zero idea about taxes. A Notice of Reassessment is as equal as a Notice of Assessment, right? And it should be for the year 2015 if I am sending the application now?

Thank you for answers.

awahidi

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Usa
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
App. Filed.......
11-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
File Transfer...
06-06-2017
Hello guys,
I need to know if the application was sent to Ottawa after Mississauga will it be processed faster or slower since I'm applying from usa and I have been told that they transfer the application to Ottawa.

chacha91

Jun 27, 2016
Aquakitty said:
If you want to stay you need to apply for an extension before yours expires. Get that in ASAP (you can extend it online). If you apply via inland, the work permit app will give you status, but not if your status is already expired. So, you need to maintain a valid status. If you don't want to risk an interview in your home country, apply inland.
Thank you!
I applied inland and sent my application with the work permit. But it was the last day of my visa's validity, will they still count it, would validation of my visa still apply even though I paid and sent my application on the last day?
Because they probably won't receive them the same day.

Does anyone have an idea about it?
I'd really appreciate your help.

rajabio111

Jan 19, 2017
Hi Folks,

I am just wondering if CIC will contact any persons name mentioned in the forms as evidence or our both sides parents regarding relationship.

Any idea?

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Hello guys. My husband submitted our application in October and at that time, I was on vacation in the US. At the time we submitted, my cumulative stay in the US for all my past up till that month was 4 months so we did not include an FBI police certificate. I left the US in December and at that time, my total stay for all my visits to the US would be close to 7 months. Do you think CIC would ask me to submit an FBI clearance seeing that my application hasn't made any serious progress yet because Accra visa office is still working on May applications or would they consider my application based in how long I have been in the US at the time I submitted the application?

Jan 24, 2017
Hi,
My husband is in Canada work permit visa ( from India)in which his visa will expire in November 2018, his company has applied dependent visa for me and my 2 kids, but we got visa validity only for 11 months (November 2017 is date of expiry instead of November 2018), why we have got like this, is this can be extended once we go to Canada, please advise . Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sravanthi_bandi said:
Hi,
My husband is in Canada work permit visa ( from India)in which his visa will expire in November 2018, his company has applied dependent visa for me and my 2 kids, but we got visa validity only for 11 months (November 2017 is date of expiry instead of November 2018), why we have got like this, is this can be extended once we go to Canada, please advise . Thanks.
You should post your question to the Foreign Workers section of the forum.

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ugoswife said:
Hello guys. My husband submitted our application in October and at that time, I was on vacation in the US. At the time we submitted, my cumulative stay in the US for all my past up till that month was 4 months so we did not include an FBI police certificate. I left the US in December and at that time, my total stay for all my visits to the US would be close to 7 months. Do you think CIC would ask me to submit an FBI clearance seeing that my application hasn't made any serious progress yet because Accra visa office is still working on May applications or would they consider my application based in how long I have been in the US at the time I submitted the application?
Only if you stayed 6 consecutive months in the U.S .

Regards

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
TANMEX said:
Only if you stayed 6 consecutive months in the U.S .

Regards
It does not have to be consecutive.

"For example: if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

ZERO89

Dec 15, 2016
Hi everyone,

I just received my GCMS which I requested because it's been a while there is no update on my application. At the very end of it there is a copy of an email from the VO (Bucharest) that is supposed to be sent on Nov 8,2016 to my representative email address. however my representative says there is no such an email received by me. they were asking for the bio-page of the passport, eye colour and height and those info should be sent by replying to that same email within 15 days from the date of this letter and failure to do so could cause a refusal of the application.
Now I'm so worried of what to do. my representative sent them an email explaining that we didn't receive any email and what is the email address that we can use to send the info to.

please any advice would be highly appreciated. should I also send them an email to let them know that I'm following up all that time and I'm still interested in uniting with my husband?

Thanks and good luck for all !

Jan 21, 2017
I have a wife in Canada with PR status and soon she will be sponsoring me to Canada, she already knows my situation. Do you have any idea how hard will be the process? Please. Thank you so much for your help