Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Bazi said:
Guys,
Can I send the spousal application without my PR card?
I just landed recently and still waiting for the card to arrive.
Thanks
You cross posted here about 10 minutes after posting in the inland 2016 thread. I answered here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-inland-applications-2016-timeline-and-updates-t389295.0.html;msg5555485#msg5555485 .

Bazi

Jun 18, 2016
profiler said:
You cross posted here about 10 minutes after posting in the inland 2016 thread.

I'm looking for other experts opinion and members with first hand experience. The posted link is too generic and doesn't answer my query with detailed explanation.
Thanks

Roshna

Apr 11, 2016
Dears I am seeking any information regarding check list and photo requirements for my out land spousal sponsorship
I did complete the the entire sponsorship package and I am just about to ship them via DHL Sunday Nov 06 2016

But Prior to that I have a couple of questions below:

1- I made two copies of the check list IMM 5491 form and ticked the items that relates to the sponsor in sponsor package and ticked the items in sponsored IMM 5491 form in sponsored package, is this how I should be doing it?

2- They did ask for two photos of the sponsored and each family member in the region specific for Iraq . I did only include two photos of the sponsored, is this how it should be done?
since me as a sponsor and our two children are holders of Canadian Citizen ships and passports.

Any support would highly be appreciated

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Bazi said:
Can I send the spousal application without my PR card? I just landed recently and still waiting for the card to arrive.
Bazi said:
I'm looking for other experts opinion and members with first hand experience. The posted link is too generic and doesn't answer my query with detailed explanation.
Your post doesn't give any detail, so I don't know how you think anyone can give you detailed advice.

Looking at your previous posts, no, you can't sponsor your partner, as you are not married or common-law. If you do get married or become common-law again, the fact that you separated just before you became a PR means that your application will face serious scrutiny.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Roshna said:
1- I made two copies of the check list IMM 5491 form and ticked the items that relates to the sponsor in sponsor package and ticked the items in sponsored IMM 5491 form in sponsored package, is this how I should be doing it?

2- They did ask for two photos of the sponsored and each family member in the region specific for Iraq . I did only include two photos of the sponsored, is this how it should be done?
since me as a sponsor and our two children are holders of Canadian Citizen ships and passports.
1. No, that's not how you do it. IMM5491 is the sponsor checklist; you only include one copy in the app and tick off or mark N/A for every item. It includes applicant requirements so the sponsor can double-check that everything is included. The country-specific checklist needs to be included with the applicant forms/documents.

2. Yes, that's correct.

MACPACK

Nov 4, 2016
In June 2016 i got my Canadian Permanent residence.
Now i want to apply for my wife spouse visa but i have one question regarding it.
*When i did my border crossing for PR i told immigration officer that "I am not married" but i am married.
I got married in Dec,2015
I got my immigration on June,2016 (Border crossing)

The reason why i said, I was not married was because I did not had my marriage certificate with me that time but now i have it.
So, my question is can i still apply for spouse visa ? and if i do will there be any problem!!!
Really dont know what to do, please help :(

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
MACPACK said:
In June 2016 i got my Canadian Permanent residence.
Now i want to apply for my wife spouse visa but i have one question regarding it.
*When i did my border crossing for PR i told immigration officer that "I am not married" but i am married.
I got married in Dec,2015
I got my immigration on June,2016 (Border crossing)

The reason why i said, I was not married was because I did not had my marriage certificate with me that time but now i have it.
So, my question is can i still apply for spouse visa ? and if i do will there be any problem!!!
Really dont know what to do, please help :(
By lying about your marriage, you committed misrepresentation, which is immigration fraud. If IRCC finds out, they can revoke your PR status.

Your spouse is forever excluded from the Family Class, so you will never be able to sponsor them.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
MACPACK said:
Is there any other way out or loop for this salutation ?
You committed fraud. There is no loophole.

You can renounce your PR status and apply again with your spouse included.

DeHdez15

Mar 10, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
13-05-2016
Med's Request
Requested again Oct 20/16
Med's Done....
Oct 28/16 (2nd time)
Passport Req..
November 8/2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 21/2016
LANDED..........
December 10/2016
canuck_in_uk said:
You committed fraud. There is no loophole.

You can renounce your PR status and apply again with your spouse included.
:eek: OMG

Roshna

Apr 11, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
1. No, that's not how you do it. IMM5491 is the sponsor checklist; you only include one copy in the app and tick off or mark N/A for every item. It includes applicant requirements so the sponsor can double-check that everything is included. The country-specific checklist needs to be included with the applicant forms/documents.

2. Yes, that's correct.
Thank you so much canuck for you response this was very useful information highly appreciated,
and you meant that The country specific check list is for the sponsored " principle applicant"

Hernameisela

Nov 4, 2016
Hi guys,

I am new to this website and looking forward to learn a lot of things about Immigration here in Canada.

A litte about myself, I am a graduate of high school and college here in Toronto. I have a wonderful home and full time job but sadly my fiance isn't.

Moving forward, I met this man (my now fiance) through an online gaming back in June 2015, chatting and talking over skype and phone and decided to meet one day, this happened on November 2015 and then we meet again on December 2015, June 2016 (the month he proposed to me), and recently October 2016, and planning to see each other again this coming February 2017.

We finally decided who's gonna move where. In our situation, it has to be him since I am settled here with a secure full time job and an apartment of my own.

1. He (American Citizen) wants to move in here with me.
2. I, canadian citizen, am willing to sponsor. (Both of us are over 19yrs old)
3. We are not yet married.
4. Where do we start for the immigration process?

I would really appreciate it if you can give me all the answers in your best ability.

- From what i have read and heard, marrying your fiance first and immediately followed by application for immigration is fraud in the USA. I am not sure if this is a red flag in Canada and want to make sure this isn't.

What is the best way for us? To get married first?
How much would it cost us for all the fees, if you can give me an estimate?
How long would the process take?

I am also looking forward to hire an immigration lawyer here in Toronto that I can speak to and meet in person. If there is anyone that you can recommend, that would be great.

Thank you so much! Have a great weekend!

Timosky99

Jun 25, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/4/2016
Doc's Request.
send
AOR Received.
5/5/2016
File Transfer...
SA-16/9/2016 ,in processes on 28/9/2016
Med's Request
passed 2nd medical done and passed on Feb 25
Med's Done....
February 10/2016
Interview........
Recommended 21/2/2017
Passport Req..
yes 22/2/17
VISA ISSUED...
10 /3/ 2017
LANDED..........
not yet
Please Sir,if CIC realized I just come back to Nigeria from another country and get ppr and send it out my passport ,will it make them not to issues the visa?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hernameisela said:
Hi guys,

I am new to this website and looking forward to learn a lot of things about Immigration here in Canada.

A litte about myself, I am a graduate of high school and college here in Toronto. I have a wonderful home and full time job but sadly my fiance isn't.

Moving forward, I met this man (my now fiance) through an online gaming back in June 2015, chatting and talking over skype and phone and decided to meet one day, this happened on November 2015 and then we meet again on December 2015, June 2016 (the month he proposed to me), and recently October 2016, and planning to see each other again this coming February 2017.

We finally decided who's gonna move where. In our situation, it has to be him since I am settled here with a secure full time job and an apartment of my own.

I would really appreciate it if you can give me all the answers in your best ability.

- From what i have read and heard, marrying your fiance first and immediately followed by application for immigration is fraud in the USA. I am not sure if this is a red flag in Canada and want to make sure this isn't.

I am also looking forward to hire an immigration lawyer here in Toronto that I can speak to and meet in person. If there is anyone that you can recommend, that would be great.

Canada has no fiance sponsorship program. You either have to get married first or live together continuously for one full year to become common law before you will be able to sponsor him. You don't need a lawyer (unless you have a few thousand dollars you don't mind spending for no real reason). You can easily complete the process yourselves.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hernameisela said:
Hi guys,

I agree with scylla here. No need to hire a lawyer. THey quoted us $10,000 retainer and probably $13k to finish the process. We asked our case specific questions then filed ourselves.

The costs to file is $75 for the sponsor application, $475 for the PR application and $490 for Right of Permanent Residence Fee. $1040 total.

I wouldn't see any problems with your case. Either marry or live together for a year before filing.