+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

itsflo

Oct 5, 2011
Hi, I was wondering if it's okay for my sponsor to change jobs (a better one) in the middle of the application process?

M

magpie

itsflo said:
Hi, I was wondering if it's okay for my sponsor to change jobs (a better one) in the middle of the application process?
No problems...

M

magpie

itsflo said:
Thank you!!! Would you happen to know what kind of documents I need to submit to CIC from the new company?
That would depend on where yu are with the sponsorship process. I would not worry about anything as of yet as if they learned that you have changed jobs they will request information from you. Sit back and relax.

If you are really worried about it and you have a Client ID then send it to Miss noting client id on the envelope and in a cover letter. I submitted additional documents but they were never looked at and just sent back as they did not need it. I was approved and my wife now has her Visa in her Passport with no problems. 96 or so days.

Good luck

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Immigration levels will stay at around 250,000 newcomers a year, Citizenship and Immigration Minister Jason Kenney says ahead of unveiling 2012 Immigration Action Plan.

He also said a new law to curb immigration through fraudulent marriages will be brought into effect next year. The new regulation will impose a two-year period of conditional residency on foreign sponsored spouses and a five-year moratorium on their ability to sponsor someone. “If you come in as a sponsored spouse and become a permanent resident and then divorce your Canadian husband or wife, you will not be able to turn around and sponsor someone from overseas,” Kenney said. “This is what every other immigrant receiving country — Australia, New Zealand, Britain and the U.S. do, and the only question is why we didn't do it a while ago?”

According to Minister Kenney, the new regulation is warranted by what he calls is a revolving door of marriage fraud. “Someone comes in, sometimes they pay a Canadian to sponsor them as a spouse, they immediately get a divorced and then the person who got landed, marries someone overseas, and sponsors them in, and they get paid ... we are going to stop the revolving door through a five-year moratorium on the ability of the foreign sponsored spouses to bring someone else through the program.”

Last year, the ministry conducted consultations on the issue. Minister Kenney said a majority of participants recommended a period of conditional residency for sponsored foreign spouses. “In fact most people who participated told us that the conditional period should be five years, instead of just two years.”

Minister Kenney maintained that many Canadians have been victimized by foreign spouses who used them as a tool to come to Canada and have immediately left the marriage or abused the spouse. “The most effective tool is to stop fraudulent marriages from being approved in the first place because they are so hard to deal with once the person is admitted into Canada. We will continue to be very vigilant. It's difficult ... we want to let the legitimate married couples in but keep the fake ones out and that's what our officers are trained to do.”

CIC receives from China and India a large number of spousal sponsorship applications through fake marriages. Anti-fraud experts working for the Canadian government called migration integrity officers are trained to identify such fraudulent applications. Recently, a large number of applications from China's Guangzhou province were rejected. “Canadians were being paid up to $60,000 by criminal organizations, to sponsor Chinese citizens they had never met and we started interviewing these applicants and we found out they knew nothing about the spouse and they had no consistent story or proof of relationship.”

However, it is common in India and other South Asian countries marriages are arranged by families and a couple may not know all the details about each other soon after the marriage. When responding to a question from the Canadian Immigrant on how immigration applications from such marriages are handled by the officers, Minister Kenney said: “We believe that arranged marriages are legitimate, if they are for the purpose of marriage and not for the purpose of immigration. And our officers are specifically trained to make that assessment

what about recent keep waiting files?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
student123 said:
Can my husband apply for my immigiration while he is unemployed and looking for a job?
Yes - as long as he's not on social assistance (welfare) and not bankrupt.

sh7228

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2015
Hi
I have a question regarding the payment of application fee.
I was wondering if I can use someone else's credit card to pay for the application fees.
If this can be done, whose name and address should be filled in the online form? (I am guessing the card holder's name as it should match his card number and address, right? )
I'm a bit confused here, so your help is greatly appreciated.

sanika

Oct 14, 2010
Hey guys, I really need an advice about my application sent on aug3rd and until now,nothing from cpcM,we called and they said its processing,a week ago,and still nothing while others applications sent later than me already got an answer?thanks

bilbol11

Nov 1, 2011
hi for all i am a new one here...i am from tunisia i get married last april 27 and i with my wife we choice to live togother in cananda toronto...so we send application folder for a PR.i need to know haw much it take to get the PR visa???...haw much it take paris to respond you after they get thr folder from cic???i done my medical test in the last may 24...so do i need to weit long to get the visa???my wife recived the approvel letter for application sponsorship june 15 and they start proccessing my application for PR june 27 and they get my medical result on october sp pls i need to know haw much i need to weit to be there us i hope i can be there before my wife give birth us she is on the 7 month pregancy plzzz some one respond me

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanika said:
Hey guys, I really need an advice about my application sent on aug3rd and until now,nothing from cpcM,we called and they said its processing,a week ago,and still nothing while others applications sent later than me already got an answer?thanks
You need to either call them back or wait

M

magpie

If you sent your passport for visa insert.... depending on the VO as to how long it may take. You can phone them and ask they may tell you. Ours was approx 9 days from the time we sent the passports to the time we received them back. We also had the option to hand deliver and pick up in 3 days. But our VO probably works different than yours. Some people had been waiting a long time to get their passport back. A very difficult question to give a definate answer. Again you must wait and then it will be all over except for landing.

bilbol11 said:
hi for all i am a new one here...i am from tunisia i get married last april 27 and i with my wife we choice to live togother in cananda toronto...so we send application folder for a PR.i need to know haw much it take to get the PR visa???...haw much it take paris to respond you after they get thr folder from cic???i done my medical test in the last may 24...so do i need to weit long to get the visa???my wife recived the approvel letter for application sponsorship june 15 and they start proccessing my application for PR june 27 and they get my medical result on october sp pls i need to know haw much i need to weit to be there us i hope i can be there before my wife give birth us she is on the 7 month pregancy plzzz some one respond me

sannkam

Jul 26, 2009
Can anyone tell how how long after receiving the first letter with file number from Port of Spain office you would usually get another letter or call. My daughter's file was received August 31,2011 in POS. She received her first letter October 05,2011. Meds, police check and everything done, meds will expire in November ( yikes!!!! which starts today)

Thanks

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
POS is 1 of the visa office where regular communication are few and far between, sometimes u hear back to back depending on your IO and their speed other time u just gotta wait so there is no "benchmnark" to say this is what POS does they are pretty unpredictable like their KGN office counterpart

sannkam said:
Can anyone tell how how long after receiving the first letter with file number from Port of Spain office you would usually get another letter or call. My daughter's file was received August 31,2011 in POS. She received her first letter October 05,2011. Meds, police check and everything done, meds will expire in November ( yikes!!!! which starts today)

Thanks