+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

love bird 43

Aug 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all member,s ,

i hed passport request on 18th of oct 2011, same week before sent passport to chc london

my e case shows , decsion made , what is this mean ? has my visa printed , and my file is

completad and closed , no more checks etc ............ what could be the mean ?

my class is femily class and i have appeal won case thanks , i have sent my pp 4 days ago .

love bird 43

Aug 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all members ,

i hed passport request on 18th of oct 2011, same week before sent passport to chc london

my e case shows , decsion made , what is this mean ? has my visa printed , and my file is

completad and closed , no more checks etc ............ what could be the mean ?

my class is femily class and i have appeal won case thanks , i have sent my pp 4 days ago .

CandyB

Aug 5, 2011
Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: Outland
Pre-Assessed..: Yes
App. Filed.......: Feb.2011 CPC-Miss
App. Transferred to POS…..: Mar.2011
Med's Done: Jan.2011
Interview........: Sept.2011
Passport Req..: Oct.2011
VISA ISSUED...:??
LANDED..........:??

So a bit of an update in my case just to help those who are anxious about timelines:
My hubby had his interview in POS and we both attended in September 2011. They did not ask to speak to me so I just patiently waited in the adjacent building while he was interviewed. He was in with the IO for about 1.5hrs and then told we could expect a response with 3-6wks. Well in the 6th week, they sent him an email asking for the RPRF payment and his passport. So far, I have paid the fee and he will be sending his PP in a few days.
I’ve now been reading everything I can find about others who are at this point to see approx how long the process takes from this point to when he gets his PP back and can return to Canada. The email said he had to be landed in Canada before Jan.2011 since his medicals expire then. I’m hoping he can return before Christmas and before our baby boy makes his entrance!

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
shaunryder said:
She has nowhere to go in the states and we were married invalidly as her ex-husband told her her 1st marriage was annulled when it really wasn't. This has come to light when we tried hiring an immigration lawyer. So, we have to get that marriage invalidated (which took place in the states) so that we can remarry properly up here. It's a huge headache and is costing a fortune. How do i get the sponsorship filing underway? I really need help here!!
I really hate to say it but even if she has nowhere to go, its not going to make a difference, she is here illegally...she could have left before she became illegal....as for how to get the sponsorship filing underway...have you been living together for 12 months or more?? If so you can file as a common law couple...if not, then your spouse need to file for divorce in the states, and then you can get married legally and you can then file your paperwork....you do need to get her status legalized here in Canada in order to make the process easier and most likely cheaper....

This issue you have had addressed in other threads here...you are going to get the same answer everytime....

Add to the being here illegally, she has a criminal record...you really should look at getting a lawyer, or consultant to help you with these issues because your case no matter what is going to be a difficult battle....

lilyy00

Star Member
Sep 11, 2011
my husband received email from pilot office in ottawa requesting Right of Permanent Residence Fee, so after paying it what is the next step ? is he landing soon ?

lovegerro

Nov 4, 2011
Hi Leon,

I just want to ask if my husband who is working in canada and has a valid working permit and is currently applying for permanent residency, can apply for an open work permit for me? could you suggest some steps on how i could possibly go there even if he is not yet permanent resident? I believe there is an open work permit that could be applied for me,how does this work?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lovegerro said:
Hi Leon,

I just want to ask if my husband who is working in canada and has a valid working permit and is currently applying for permanent residency, can apply for an open work permit for me? could you suggest some steps on how i could possibly go there even if he is not yet permanent resident? I believe there is an open work permit that could be applied for me,how does this work?
First of all, is your husband working in a skilled position? If the answer is no, you do not qualify for an open permit.

Second, do you need a visa to visit Canada as a tourist? If the answer is yes, you would have to apply for a visa in your home country embassy. Have your husband send you a copy of his work permit so you can include it with your application. You can either apply for a visa to visit or apply for an open work permit right away. If you apply for a visa to visit, you can apply for the open work permit once you are in Canada. To get a visa, you still must prove that you have strong ties to your home country and will not overstay. If you do not need a visa to visit Canada, you also have the option of applying for a work permit as you enter Canada.

Quiet Storm

Sep 9, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012, Dec 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Oct 2014
Sriz said:
At the time the visa office received my husband's PR application, the processing time was 22 months but I checked recently and the processing time changed to 26 months. I'm wondering if the current processing time applies to his case (which is 26 months) or the processing time at the time they received his application would apply to his case (which would be 22 months) ? They keep increasing the processing time so frequently :( My second question is, I'm pregnant, is it possible to somehow get my spouse to be in Canada before the delivery of the baby? What are the chances of getting a visit visa?
You should join the Islamabad thread on Spouse immigration

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/chc-islamabad-spouse-sponsorship-timeline-2011-2012-t63735.0.html;msg1087375#msg1087375

Yes the current timeline would be applied to your case and this timeline is based on average processing time for a case. You can apply for a visit visa but there is a little chance that he would get one.
Best wishes for you and have a safe delivery :)

IndianOcean

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 August 2011
File Transfer...
08 October 2011
Med's Done....
07 August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 February 2012
LANDED..........
18 March 2012
Hey guys,
I need some advice on this please,
We sent our application on 9 Aug and they received it on 12 Aug (outland Spousal Sponsorship), my wife called the call center a couple of days ago they said we were approved and gave us our id number. I can log in into ecas, shows our application was approved on 6th October. Things is, we haven't received any mail or email from CPC-M. And we need that in order to apply to CSQ before our file gets transferred to our VO.

We have called numerous times the call center, each time a different story and agent. They say it takes 6 weeks the letter to get to us (really??!!). Another guy said we have to wait until December.

Any advice what we should do?

thanks!

Sriz

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 5th 2011
File Transfer...
May 27th 2011
Med's Request
June 27th 2012
Med's Done....
August 10th 2012
Passport Req..
June 27th 2012
Quiet Storm said:
You should join the Islamabad thread on Spouse immigration

Yes the current timeline would be applied to your case and this timeline is based on average processing time for a case. You can apply for a visit visa but there is a little chance that he would get one.
Best wishes for you and have a safe delivery :)
Thank you for the wishes! :) and the link is really helpful, thanks for letting me know about it! =)

Quiet Storm

Sep 9, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012, Dec 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Oct 2014
Sriz said:
Thank you for the wishes! :) and the link is really helpful, thanks for letting me know about it! =)
You are welcome.
My Pleasure :)

fast

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2011
LANDED..........
16-11-2011
Hi guys,
I will land Canada very soon(14/11/2011) and i 'm confusing about fingerprint and criminal record for my first landing.
I 'm in China by Z visa(work visa) and living here 5months and 28 days tomorrow(wanna say under 6months).
When I sent my application to CPC-M,I sent criminal record from my home country(no fingerprint).
So my question is ,Do I need to bring fingersprint and valaid Criminal record(some people told over 6months need to do again) from Residance country for my first landing to Canada?
Then, Do I need to sumit either fingersprint or valaid criminal record for all applications(social insurance,driving license,health insurance,..etc...) after I arrived Canada?

Please let me know any of your advises cause I have not much time to prepare.
Any responds by appreciate.

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
fast said:
Hi guys,
I will land Canada very soon(14/11/2011) and i 'm confusing about fingerprint and criminal record for my first landing.
I 'm in China by Z visa(work visa) and living here 5months and 28 days tomorrow(wanna say under 6months).
When I sent my application to CPC-M,I sent criminal record from my home country(no fingerprint).
So my question is ,Do I need to bring fingersprint and valaid Criminal record(some people told over 6months need to do again) from Residance country for my first landing to Canada?
Then, Do I need to sumit either fingersprint or valaid criminal record for all applications(social insurance,driving license,health insurance,..etc...) after I arrived Canada?

Please let me know any of your advises cause I have not much time to prepare.
Any responds by appreciate.

If your visa has been issued already, then what you need is the paperwork that they tell you about in the letter when you receive your visa back in your passport...

fast

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2011
LANDED..........
16-11-2011
Stumpedmom said:
If your visa has been issued already, then what you need is the paperwork that they tell you about in the letter when you receive your visa back in your passport...
I got visa and they give me landing document by envelope with canadian stamp,but they say nothing.