+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

jm1985

Sep 16, 2011
Hi All,
My Client Application Status on the Canadian Immigration website says:

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on October 21, 2010.

I submitted my application in Pakistan, where I am currently residing.

My question is, if for example I go out of country for vacation for 1 month (1 Oct - 30 Oct), and lets say in the meantime Canadian Immigration office sends me some update/letter about my application, while I am not in the country, would that be a problem? If I don't reply to their letter, but only when I am back would that affect my application or delay it in some way other than those 30 days during which I am out of country?

Does anybody know what is the maximum time frame during which one HAS to or MUST reply to the sent letter(s) or else it would adversely affect the application?

It would be very helpful if someone could precisely tell me about the max time frame/window within which the applicant must reply or give update.

For example, i have heard the step in my case would be that I will have to provide them the medical results again, i.e. i will have to take the medical test again. Secondly, I will have to send them my passport etc. If someone could shed some light in this direction that would also be very great?!

Thank you very much indeed!

Regards fsm.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Depending on what they are asking for, you may receive 30 days, 45 days or 60 days notice in which to comply. For passport submission it is usually 30 days.

Your application is approaching the one year mark, so if your medical was done before September, then you will be required to re-do your medical when it is finalised.

jm1985

Sep 16, 2011
And how many days' window is provided to submit medical results?

CharlieD10 said:
Depending on what they are asking for, you may receive 30 days, 45 days or 60 days notice in which to comply. For passport submission it is usually 30 days.

Your application is approaching the one year mark, so if your medical was done before September, then you will be required to re-do your medical when it is finalised.

ischie

May 25, 2011
Surrey, British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2011
AOR Received.
10-11-2011
File Transfer...
10-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-01-2011
Passport Req..
10-24-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-16-2012
help, how come when i check the application status online, i see this:

"If you want to see the details of an application, click on the underlined status.
Please remove the ability for me or anyone else to view the status of my application on this Web site.
Note: Once you withdraw your consent, your application status will no longer be available on the Internet. Learn about other ways of receiving information about the processing and status of your application by contacting us."

and when i click it it says:

"Do you want to remove your status information from the Internet?"

What will i do? If i click it, they might not show me the status of my application ever online?

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
ischie said:

"If you want to see the details of an application, click on the underlined status.
Please remove the ability for me or anyone else to view the status of my application on this Web site.
Note: Once you withdraw your consent, your application status will no longer be available on the Internet. Learn about other ways of receiving information about the processing and status of your application by contacting us."

What will i do? If i click it, they might not show me the status of my application ever online?
If you click, your husband/wife wont be able to see your application status...

ischie

May 25, 2011
Surrey, British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2011
AOR Received.
10-11-2011
File Transfer...
10-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-01-2011
Passport Req..
10-24-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-16-2012
canadiancitizen said:
If you click, your husband/wife wont be able to see your application status...
so it is normal? is it really like that?

FAS

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Hi Leon - We (myself, my wife and daugher) became permanent resident on June 25, 2011, shortly after that we came back to U.S.A to wrap up things here. We had a baby boy born on Aug 25, 2011 (U.S citizen). Now we are going back to Canada permanently in October this year. My son is a U.S citizen but he is not a Canadian Permanent resident. I am Pakistani citizen and Canadian Permanent resident.
1. Can I sponsor him? What is the procedure for that?
2. Can he enter Canada with us or we need to apply for visitor visa etc in advance?

Thank You.
Faisal.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
ischie said:

it happened to me too when i started seeing my status online then it adjusted by itself. do not click in that box. in a few days the whole application update will show. that is just a mistake. it's going to get fixed y itself but if u click in that box you will never be able to check it again

fast

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2011
LANDED..........
16-11-2011
Hi everyone,

I got approved to sponsor on aug 26 and haven't heard anything yet.I able to log onto E-CAS by file number(Fxxxxxxxx), but it only says "Application received".
When I clicked on underlined status, it showed "We received your application for permanent residence on June 30, 2011. "

Also my wife able to log in E-CAS by Client ID number(xxxxxxxx) and it says" Decision Made" and "Application received".
When she clicked on underlined status of "Decision Made", it showed "We received your application to sponsor xxxxxxxxnamexxxxxxxx on June 30, 2011.We started processing your application on August 26, 2011.
We sent you a letter on August 26, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
"

And then,when she clicked on Status of " Application received", it showed " We received xxxxxxxxnamexxxxxxxx's application for permanent residence on June 30, 2011."
It was since aug,26 the day we received AOR from CPC-M till now ,nothing change, no update.So please let us know,is it normal or what should I do?
We're really confusing,
Any respond by appreciated,Thnx!!!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
You won't hear anything again until the visa office begins to process your spouse's application. You have been approved, the visa office has received her file...now the wait begins.

lilyy00

Star Member
Sep 11, 2011
Note: Permanent residents residing abroad may not sponsor from outside of Canada. Canadian citizens travelling as tourists are not considered to be residing abroad.

in this statement they are speaking about the whole process but if i got approved as a sponsor & i am just waiting for visa office reply besides that the reasons of application refusal don't include this reason . ( living with my husband in my home country (after being approved as a sponsor ) waiting for him to take the visa

i mean there isn't a direct statement stating this.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
If you are living with your spouse in your home country, you are not living in Canada. Being approved to sponsor him does not mean you do not need to meet the requirements anymore. You must meet the requirements of being a sponsor for the entire period until your spouse comes to Canada. If you are found to be residing outside Canada, even after you were appoved to sponsor him, the sponsorship CAN be refused.

If you don't wish to meet the requirement to live in Canada while sponsoring your spouse/family, wait until you become a citizen. As a citizen you can live anywhere you want and sponsor your spouse, but you have to prove you will return to Canada to re-settle when they are granted PR.

Whichever you are, PR or citizen, you have conditions you must meet in order to qualify to sponsor. Decide which one you want to abide by, or take your chances with them finding out you are not in compliance with the requirements of your sponsorship agreement.

fast

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2011
LANDED..........
16-11-2011
@CharlieD10
You won't hear anything again until the visa office begins to process your spouse's application. You have been approved, the visa office has received her file...now the wait begins

Thanks a lot!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lilyy00 said:
Note: Permanent residents residing abroad may not sponsor from outside of Canada. Canadian citizens travelling as tourists are not considered to be residing abroad.

in this statement they are speaking about the whole process but if i got approved as a sponsor & i am just waiting for visa office reply besides that the reasons of application refusal don't include this reason . ( living with my husband in my home country (after being approved as a sponsor ) waiting for him to take the visa

i mean there isn't a direct statement stating this.
Yes there is. It's in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, Section 130(1)(b)

130. (1) Subject to subsection (2), a sponsor, for the purpose of sponsoring a foreign national who makes an application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the family class or an application to remain in Canada as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class under subsection 13(1) of the Act, must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who

(a) is at least 18 years of age;

(b) resides in Canada; and

(c) has filed a sponsorship application in respect of a member of the family class or the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class in accordance with section 10.

http://lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/page-43.html#h-68

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
rjessome said:
Yes there is. It's in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, Section 130(1)(b)

130. (1) Subject to subsection (2), a sponsor, for the purpose of sponsoring a foreign national who makes an application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the family class or an application to remain in Canada as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class under subsection 13(1) of the Act, must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who

(a) is at least 18 years of age;

(b) resides in Canada; and

(c) has filed a sponsorship application in respect of a member of the family class or the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class in accordance with section 10.

http://lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/page-43.html#h-68
rjessome is correct. There was someone on this board a while ago who tried this. He was a PR who remained in Canada until he was approved as sponsor (stage 1 approval) and then he left the country to live with his spouse while they waited for stage 2 processing to be completed. CIC determined he was no longer living in Canada and refused the application.