Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
NY Visa office 29/2/2012
Passport Req..
19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2012
Good day to all:
I was wondering if anyone has experience the Intensive full-time course Quebec offers for immigrants who live in Quebec. According to Quebec immigration website they give a Participation allowance, This allowance is independent of your family situation and income. The allowance could be $115 or $30 a week, depending on your immigration class. Does anyone know how much and for how long?
Thanks

simply_grazie

Sep 13, 2011
hi to all members!

im just new here.. i just want to ask about my status here in canada,it's about sponsorship of a common law partner outside canada,. we have a child and they were my dependants,, we lived together for more than a year but in our case we don't have joint accounts and other proofs like bills of house rentals and telephone because we lived in my parents,, i only have pictures, receipts of remittances named to my common law, baptismal and birth certificate of our son that also has his name as the father,,is it enough as a proof that he is my common law partner? and is it a good decision that i will marry him after i finished the 24 mos contract and before i submit my application for open permit and PR? is it the right time to marry him or i will just wait until i got my PR, does it delay the processing because i will change my status at that time from common law to married?

Quiet Storm

Sep 9, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012, Dec 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Oct 2014
Emaankhan said:
HELOO SLAAM TO EVERY BROTHER SISTER.TODAY I AM HERE TO JOIN THE CHATT.I HAVE BEEN GOING THROUG THE STRUSS AND STILL GOING THROUGH IT.MY HUSBAND APPLIEDFOR ME IN AUGUST 9 2010.AND THEN WE BOTH WENT THROUGH THE STRUSS.THEN PROBABLY AFTER A YEAR MY HUSBAND APPLIED FOR A VISIT VISA AND AFTER SOOOO MANY PRAYERS FINALY I GOT VISIT VISA RIGHT AFTER 3 months .AND TODAY I AM HERE WITH MY HUSBAND LIL BIT STRUSS GONE BUT STILL HAVE TENTION ABOUT PERMANENT RESIDENSE VISA.SOO HOPE THIS HELP YOU.I CAN UNDERSTAND THE PAIN OF LOT OF PEOPLE WHO ATE GOING THROGH THIS. I DOBT WHAT THE HELL CANADIAN IMMIGRATION UP TO.butwe can only wait. I WILL PRAY FOR ALL WHO GOING THROUGH THIS.and may ALLAH HELP YOU GUYZ OUT.thank you
Walekum salam
Congratulations for your reunion
Could you please describe your case as i'm also being sponsored by my husband and going through a lot of stress because of the long processing times?
Thank you

FM_jun

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
I applied for my wife
Application send to Mississauga on 5 may 2011
Application received on 10 may 2011
Letter send on 13 june 2011
Received on 20 june 2011 & get client No

then i check my status online they show

DECISION MODE
Application received on 8 may 2011
Started processing application on 9 june 2011
Letter send on 12 june 2011 to Islamabad
APPLICATION received by ISLAMABAD on 29 june 2011
We received ACKNOWLEDGE LETTER on 22 june 2011 & get client No from MISSISSAUGA

but now i check my status online they are showing

IN PROCESS
We started processing your application on July 5, 2011.
what does that mean? Can we get applicant no? now what will be the next step? please help me & reply.

ischie

May 25, 2011
Surrey, British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2011
AOR Received.
10-11-2011
File Transfer...
10-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-01-2011
Passport Req..
10-24-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-16-2012
CharlieD10 said:
If you are a citizen, you may sponsor your spouse while living outside Canada. You may be asked to provide proof of your intention to return to Canada before your spouse is approved for PR.

If you are a PR, you must be living in Canada to qualify to sponsor. Short absences are permitted, leaving the country for 3 months is not.
how "short" can the absences maybe? Is it possible that i provide a letter for my employer stating the reason for my trip to the officer when i come back to Canada?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Short means short. The average vacation period in Canada is two weeks. I can see someone who is employed taking 3 weeks off as well, but staying for a more than a month is definitely pushing it.

ischie

May 25, 2011
Surrey, British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2011
AOR Received.
10-11-2011
File Transfer...
10-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-01-2011
Passport Req..
10-24-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-16-2012
CharlieD10 said:
Short means short. The average vacation period in Canada is two weeks. I can see someone who is employed taking 3 weeks off as well, but staying for a more than a month is definitely pushing it.
ok thanks for the info. It helps me a lot on my decision.

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
27 July 2011 (Passport & Appendix A)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
Where can I find the exact link in which it says that PR cannot live outside Canada once they sponsor their family. My friends husband just got approved as sponsor and will be staying in her home country for about 6 months. The sponsor just got approved after 15 months and now their papers is already in the Visa office, but then the sponsor is planning to stay with her while waiting for her visa ....

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sthomas said:
Where can I find the exact link in which it says that PR cannot live outside Canada once they sponsor their family. My friends husband just got approved as sponsor and will be staying in her home country for about 6 months. The sponsor just got approved after 15 months and now their papers is already in the Visa office, but then the sponsor is planning to stay with her while waiting for her visa ....
Here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900E2.asp said:
If I live outside Canada, may I sponsor?

If you are a Canadian citizen, you may sponsor a spouse, a common-law partner or conjugal partner, or a dependent child who has no children of his or her own. However, you must demonstrate that you will live in Canada when the sponsored person becomes a permanent resident.

Note: Permanent residents residing abroad may not sponsor from outside of Canada. Canadian citizens travelling as tourists are not considered to be residing abroad.
Sponsorship applications have been cancelled by immigration if they have found out that the sponsor had left Canada during the processing time to stay with their spouse in another country.

jerome_1980

Sep 15, 2011
hi guys i am new in this forum. i would like to get some ideas in your end. which i may relay the status of my application

i have done my medical last june 2011 and July my wife sent the docs in Mississauga. and still up to now there's no letter nor email coming from the embassy here in manila, is this normal guys,

Thanks in advance

Quiet Storm

Sep 9, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012, Dec 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Oct 2014
jerome_1980 said:
hi guys i am new in this forum. i would like to get some ideas in your end. which i may relay the status of my application

i have done my medical last june 2011 and July my wife sent the docs in Mississauga. and still up to now there's no letter nor email coming from the embassy here in manila, is this normal guys,

Thanks in advance
Welcome to this forum. I'm also a July applicant so we are on the same boat. Yes its pretty normal because if you visit this link you can have a good idea that when your file will be transferred to your local visa office.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp
The time for step 1 has been increased from 60 to 63 days today.
Hope this works

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
simply_grazie said:
hi to all members!

im just new here.. i just want to ask about my status here in canada,it's about sponsorship of a common law partner outside canada,. we have a child and they were my dependants,, we lived together for more than a year but in our case we don't have joint accounts and other proofs like bills of house rentals and telephone because we lived in my parents,, i only have pictures, receipts of remittances named to my common law, baptismal and birth certificate of our son that also has his name as the father,,is it enough as a proof that he is my common law partner? and is it a good decision that i will marry him after i finished the 24 mos contract and before i submit my application for open permit and PR? is it the right time to marry him or i will just wait until i got my PR, does it delay the processing because i will change my status at that time from common law to married?
There are other things you can use as evidence such as letters addressed to same address, joint christmas cards, Wedding invitations to you both, stat decs from your parents confirming you are living together as common law, joint car insurance docs etc etc... Have you read the overseas processing manuals? Here is the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/index.asp.... it might give you some other ideas... and additional info about what you can do.

Also, I've included below an extract from the OP2 manual about the sort of evidence they will be looking for:

The following list is a set of elements which, when taken together or in various combinations, may
constitute evidence of interdependency. It should be kept in mind that these elements may be
present in varying degrees and not all are necessary for a relationship to be considered conjugal.
Factor Details
Financial aspects of the
relationship

• Joint loan agreements for real estate, cars, major household
appliances;
• Joint ownership of property, other durable goods;
• Operation of joint bank accounts, joint credit cards evidence that any
such accounts have existed for a reasonable period of time;
• The extent of any pooling of financial resources, especially in relation
to major financial commitments;
• Whether one party owes any legal obligation in respect of the other.
Social aspects of the
relationship

• Evidence that the relationship has been declared to government
bodies and commercial or public institutions or authorities and
acceptance of such declarations by any such bodies;
• Joint membership in organisations or groups, joint participation in
sporting, cultural, social or other activities;
• Joint travel;
• Shared values with respect to how a household should be managed;
• Shared responsibility for children; shared values with respect to
child-rearing; willingness to care for the partner’s children;
• Testimonials by parents, family members, relatives or friends and
other interested parties about the nature of the relationship and
whether the couple present themselves to others as partners.
Statements in the form of statutory declarations are preferred.
Physical and emotional
aspects of the
relationship -the degree
of commitment as
evidenced by:

• Knowledge of each other’s personal circumstances, background and
family situation;
• Shared values and interests;
• Expressed intention that the relationship will be long term;
• The extent to which the parties have combined their affairs, for
example, are they beneficiaries of one another’s insurance plans,
pensions, etc.?
• Joint decision-making with consequences for one partner affecting
the other;
• Support for each other when ill and on special occasions letters,
cards, gifts, time off work to care for other;
OP 2 Processing Members of the Family Class
2006-11-14 22
• The terms of the parties’ wills made out in each other’s favour
provide some evidence of an intention that the relationship is long
term and permanent;
• Time spent together;
• Time spent with one another’s families;
• Regular and continuous communication when apart.
Examples of supporting documents:
• Family memberships, medical plans, documentation from institutions that provides
recognition as a couple;
• Marriage certificate (not just a solemnization record), wedding invitations, commitment
ceremony (certificate, invitations), domestic partnership certificate;
• joint ownership of possessions, joint utility bills, lease/rental agreement, joint mortgage/loan,
property title, joint bank statements; money transfers.
• documents showing travel together, long distance phone bills; other proof of continuous
communication (emails, internet chat site printouts, letters).
• insurance policies (documents naming the partner as a beneficiary), wills, powers of
attorney;
• significant photographs;
• statements of support from families, bank manager, employers, financial professionals,
religious leaders, community leaders, professors, teachers or medical professionals.

I know this doesn't answer all your questions but hope it helps... :)

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
27 July 2011 (Passport & Appendix A)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
Leon said:
Here:

Sponsorship applications have been cancelled by immigration if they have found out that the sponsor had left Canada during the processing time to stay with their spouse in another country.
Thanks. She won't listen to me :) Well, how would Immigration find out if the PR is not in Canada? She told me her husband is already approved as sponsor, so that is ok :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sthomas said:
Thanks. She won't listen to me :) Well, how would Immigration find out if the PR is not in Canada? She told me her husband is already approved as sponsor, so that is ok :)
Maybe they will try to phone him or send him a letter and he does not respond. Maybe they will phone him and whoever is picking up his mail or watering his plants at his apartment is not very smart and tells them he is out of the country. Maybe somebody who doesn't like him decides to call immigration and tell them he it outside the country. If they really want to risk it, they can but no use crying if their application gets cancelled.