19 Jan 2015
Med's Request
Remed 21st september
Med's Done....
1 August 2014
Interview........
Inprocess since 14th august
Kamaldeep momi said:
Hello Everybody.. My husband applied for my case in July, file received by Delhi embassy in October.. It's been 4 months now.. Can anybody tell me how much more time it will take.. As its really hard for me to live alone here..really missing my husband
Have u got ur aor2 from delhi

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
Hello
Is there some problem if I fill all the forms in english execept one (5490)?
If yes, should I take the french form?
My lawyer said that I don't need to translate, to send the forms in portuguese since it comes to Sao Paulo VO. Is it true?
Tnx

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
DanSlh said:
Hello
Is there some problem if I fill all the forms in english execept one (5490)?
If yes, should I take the french form?
My lawyer said that I don't need to translate, to send the forms in portuguese since it comes to Sao Paulo VO. Is it true?
Tnx
Forms and documents need to be sent in English or French.

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
tink23 said:
Forms and documents need to be sent in English or French.
It's because I don't speak french, so my wife was going to fill that form for me (my english is not good enough to do this).
Im afraid they send back our case if we do this way.

shy_guy

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
Ponga said:
Now that you have 10 posts, you can simply modify your profile.

Click on the profile tab next to your inbox tab (top right of the screen)

Under Modify Profile (left side of the screen) select Forum Profile Information.

Enter your information and hit `Change Profile'

That's it!

Thanks dude

Cleuseau

Feb 4, 2015
Getting frustrated.

Today marks the fourth time my application has been returned. Is there an advocate I can hire to complete these applications forms for a reasonable fee in Montreal that has plenty of experience?

Thanks!

shy_guy

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
Cleuseau said:
Getting frustrated.

Today marks the fourth time my application has been returned. Is there an advocate I can hire to complete these applications forms for a reasonable fee in Montreal that has plenty of experience?

Thanks!
Just curious , Could you possibly tell us what was the decision note?

Cleuseau

Feb 4, 2015
No signature, wrong form x 2(old), missing proof of payment.

Don't see how I'm missing proof of payment, too frustrated to look through the packet right now.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
DanSlh said:
As you've been told before, everything first goes to Mississauga and the app will be returned if it's not in English or French.

tranjini

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
27-02-2015
IELTS Request
none
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Med's Request
Attached to application
Med's Done....
03-09-2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
June 4 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15 2015
LANDED..........
July 8, 2015
me too I miss my husband too much. Valentines day is coming and out wedding anniversary as well. I am seperated for a year now. I have lost money jobs and so many things. I am stressed and depressed. Why can't the Canadian government do something about this. This is ridiculous.

I am upset now.

kindheart

Feb 4, 2015
I am in need of urgent help. I applied within Canada as I am living with my spouse in Manitoba (Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class). In June 30th 2014 we received an email saying "It has been determined that I meet the eligibility requirements to apply for PR as a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Class. Please note that the final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a PR have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks. All of which have been completed.
In order to continue this processing your application further information is required. you must complete/submit the following to this office:
> Medical: Complete or provide proof of completion of Immigration medical. This must be received at this office by: 2014/09/28.
This part was completed and excepted in the Mississauga office in 2014/09/14.

On Jan 12th 2015 I received another email from the CIC it stated, This is to replace the eligibility letter dated 28 September, 2014 that refers to your application for
permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class. Having reviewed your application, I have concerns that you may not meet the requirements for
immigration to Canada.
Mr. XXXX XXXXX XXXXX, in review of your sponsorship application, you indicated that you were in a common-law relationship and co-habiting with your sponsor since 29 July, 2007. Your sponsor failed to declare you at the time of her becoming a permanent resident on the 19 April, 2012. Since your sponsor did not have you examined for his/her application for permanent residence, you would therefore be excluded from applying for immigration in the family class.
This is after excepting I meet the eligibility in June 2014.
They in the same email said; The onus is on you Mr. xxxx xxxx xxxxx to satisfy me that you are not an excluded member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. I would therefore request that you send any information and/or documents which you consider might respond to this concern within fourteen (14) days from the date of this letter. I must also advise you that failure to disabuse me of my concern may result in the refusal of your application. Every thing was posted to the Mississauga office and below is their reply....
The information requested along with a copy of this letter must be sent to:
Officer JE – INLAND SCLP
Email: CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca
Facsimile: (905) 803-7392

The application was denied in Febuary 3rd 2015 stating;
Case Processing Centre Mississauga Centre de Traitement des Demandes Mississauga
Dear xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx:
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Subsection 125(1)(d) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national shall not be considered a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class by virtue of their relationship to the sponsor if the sponsor previously made an application for permanent residence and became a permanent resident and, at the time of that application, the foreign national was a non-accompanying family member of the sponsor and was not examined.

Your sponsor failed to declare you and have you examined for the purposes of immigration, within his/her application for permanent residence. After review of your response letter, I am not satisfied at this time to waive you Mr. xxxx xxxx xxxxx, from the excluded family member class. It is very apparent that you and your common-law spouse have been co-habiting for the last seven years but have been together for seventeen years. Throughout the process in applying for permanent resident status, applicants are advised in writing to notify Citizenship and Immigration of any changes including changes in marital status. There is no reason to believe that your common-law spouse/ sponsor was unaware of the consequences if she failed to comply. As a result, I have determined that you are not a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

What can I do in response?
Can I appeal?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kindheart said:
I am in need of urgent help. I applied within Canada as I am living with my spouse in Manitoba (Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class). In June 30th 2014 we received an email saying "It has been determined that I meet the eligibility requirements to apply for PR as a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Class. Please note that the final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a PR have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks. All of which have been completed.
In order to continue this processing your application further information is required. you must complete/submit the following to this office:
> Medical: Complete or provide proof of completion of Immigration medical. This must be received at this office by: 2014/09/28.
This part was completed and excepted in the Mississauga office in 2014/09/14.

On Jan 12th 2015 I received another email from the CIC it stated, This is to replace the eligibility letter dated 28 September, 2014 that refers to your application for
permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class. Having reviewed your application, I have concerns that you may not meet the requirements for
immigration to Canada.
Mr. XXXX XXXXX XXXXX, in review of your sponsorship application, you indicated that you were in a common-law relationship and co-habiting with your sponsor since 29 July, 2007. Your sponsor failed to declare you at the time of her becoming a permanent resident on the 19 April, 2012. Since your sponsor did not have you examined for his/her application for permanent residence, you would therefore be excluded from applying for immigration in the family class.
This is after excepting I meet the eligibility in June 2014.
They in the same email said; The onus is on you Mr. xxxx xxxx xxxxx to satisfy me that you are not an excluded member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. I would therefore request that you send any information and/or documents which you consider might respond to this concern within fourteen (14) days from the date of this letter. I must also advise you that failure to disabuse me of my concern may result in the refusal of your application. Every thing was posted to the Mississauga office and below is their reply....
The information requested along with a copy of this letter must be sent to:
Officer JE – INLAND SCLP
Email: CPCM-EXTCOM @ cic.gc.ca
Facsimile: (905) 803-7392

The application was denied in Febuary 3rd 2015 stating;
Case Processing Centre Mississauga Centre de Traitement des Demandes Mississauga
Dear xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx:
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Subsection 125(1)(d) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national shall not be considered a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class by virtue of their relationship to the sponsor if the sponsor previously made an application for permanent residence and became a permanent resident and, at the time of that application, the foreign national was a non-accompanying family member of the sponsor and was not examined.

Your sponsor failed to declare you and have you examined for the purposes of immigration, within his/her application for permanent residence. After review of your response letter, I am not satisfied at this time to waive you Mr. xxxx xxxx xxxxx, from the excluded family member class. It is very apparent that you and your common-law spouse have been co-habiting for the last seven years but have been together for seventeen years. Throughout the process in applying for permanent resident status, applicants are advised in writing to notify Citizenship and Immigration of any changes including changes in marital status. There is no reason to believe that your common-law spouse/ sponsor was unaware of the consequences if she failed to comply. As a result, I have determined that you are not a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

What can I do in response?
Can I appeal?
This is devastating news, because I don't believe that there is anything that you can do to reverse this.

It is because your partner never disclosed the fact that you were in fact a Common-Law couple when she landed as a PR, that prevents her from ever sponsoring you. You must now find a way to get your own PR status.

To make matters even worse...you will also (likely) need to leave Canada as you are probably out of status. If you DO have legal status (somehow) you can remain while you scramble to find another way to become a PR. Even getting married to her now will NOT fix this terrible problem.

All the best to you both.

kindheart

Feb 4, 2015
Thank you for your input. I am devastated as she and I have been together for seventeen years. She has a good job with the government here in Canada and will probably leave Canada with me.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
kindheart said:
Thank you for your input. I am devastated as she and I have been together for seventeen years. She has a good job with the government here in Canada and will probably leave Canada with me.
Unfortunately it was an extremely big error not to include you in her application when she immigrated. It was mandatory that you be included in her application and that you go through the medical check and background/security checks as well. As others have said, there's really nothing you can do because of the application error you made when your spouse first immigrated.

dhang729

Aug 5, 2014
Good Day
Can you help me in answering this question in the form Imm5540 question number 8.
List all the countries you have resided aside from canada including addresses and telephone number.
Should I include a country where I was a tourist for two months.
If I would include all the addresses, is the timeline from birth or for the last 10 or 5 years?

thank you. your answer will be deeply appreciated.