London
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
IELTS Request
Provided with app
LANDED..........
20-08-2015
Hi all.
Sent my application on June 5, 2017. But havent heard anything from them. Is it normal? Anyone else with this status??
Did you call IRCC to check status of your app.

I call IRCC on Friday and agent told me they are working on Jun 12 apps.

maq_33

Mar 8, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
10-05-2017
File Transfer...
BGC: 27-07-2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017

Aryan007

Nov 9, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Hi all.
Sent my application on June 5, 2017. But havent heard anything from them. Is it normal? Anyone else with this status??
It is normal to not get any response for a month or so. However, you should at least have received Acknowledgment of receipt of your apllication from mississauga. Sponsor Approval sometimes takes a little more time. Did you mention any email address on file? IRCc contacts via emails mostly. It's a good idea to give them a call.

sameer_mobin

Aug 17, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
01-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
16-Jan-2017
Med's Request
Upfront-Passed (3-Feb-2017)
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
AoA,

Guys I want to share with you a scenario for spousal sponsorship. Below is my scenario in particular.

Since this forum is for Pakistanis, I will get more relevant info here. If not, you guys can guide me to another forum, I will be thankful.

Scenario: I am about to get PR. I am Ontario Nominee. I will be soon be moving to Canada permanently. I am getting married next year. So now I have two options:-

Option-1: I go to Canada, try to get job ASAP and try to build by tax history and then start spousal sponsorship as spouse being out-land.

Option-2: Is it possible, that after marriage, wife applies to a college/university in Canada and comes to study there and in that way we will have more time to spend together initially and that will help her also in getting job later on in Canada. Meanwhile her out-land spousal sponsorship goes on as-well?

Which option is the best and of least risk. I am in no rush. I prefer the case being proper and crystal clear even if it takes time.

Your opinions will be really appreciated. And your replies will be more relevant to me.

I'll be thankful.

Regards,
Sameer Ansari

WDPC

Feb 22, 2017
Congrats . Any tips for us . My wife is national . We are applying outland . An6 tips u would share . Will be helpful alot .
Brother! I visited my wife twice and sent additional documents as a proof of visit by email (each visit). Ordered GCMS notes 5 times during 8 months and always believed in Allah. Insha Allah, you will be alright.

Reactions: ali khalid

Aryan007

Nov 9, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
AoA,

Guys I want to share with you a scenario for spousal sponsorship. Below is my scenario in particular.

Since this forum is for Pakistanis, I will get more relevant info here. If not, you guys can guide me to another forum, I will be thankful.

Scenario: I am about to get PR. I am Ontario Nominee. I will be soon be moving to Canada permanently. I am getting married next year. So now I have two options:-

Option-1: I go to Canada, try to get job ASAP and try to build by tax history and then start spousal sponsorship as spouse being out-land.

Option-2: Is it possible, that after marriage, wife applies to a college/university in Canada and comes to study there and in that way we will have more time to spend together initially and that will help her also in getting job later on in Canada. Meanwhile her out-land spousal sponsorship goes on as-well?

Which option is the best and of least risk. I am in no rush. I prefer the case being proper and crystal clear even if it takes time.

Your opinions will be really appreciated. And your replies will be more relevant to me.

I'll be thankful.

Regards,
Sameer Ansari
Hi there,
First congratulations for getting nominated and best of luck for your wedding. Here is my feedback on your query:

After you become PR, you can sponsor your wife anytime under spousal sponsorship. You are getting married next year, so the earliest you can sponsor her is next year and then it will take 1 year of processing time. There is no financial requirements for sponsoring a spouse and the only history you need to establish is the proof of communication with your spouse, any visits and other proof of relationship etc. I would suggest that you keep proofs of communication even now if you speak with her. As long as you maintain your PR status, you should be good to go. Only thing to consider here is that you'll be financially responsible for her for 3 years when she lands in Canada and you'll have to live away from her most of the duration of your application's processing time. Lastly, if your relationship is genuine then you'll get a visa for her "guaranteed".

If you opt for option 2, then you don't have to wait As student visa has nothing to do with you and there will be no 3 years undertaking etc. She can apply even before you get married. After she lands in Canada as a student, you can marry her legally and apply inland spousal sponsorship. Only drawback is that tuition fees etc are pretty high for international students and there is no guarantee that she'll be able to secure an admission in an institute in Canada. If you think she can definitely get an offer to study in Canada then I would sugest that just go for student visa so u don't have to live away from your spouse after marriage. Just be cautious that you don't try to apply both visas together. if she mentions you in student visa application then there is a possibility of refusal as her intention to study will not be clear. Any visa refusals might impact your spousal sponsorship application in the future.

Last edited:

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
AoA,

I'll be thankful.

Regards,
Sameer Ansari
Do not get married BEFORE you land as a PR. Because if you do get married before landing, that means she will have to be added to application, and will be required to undergo medical exam. God forbod, if she has any issue in that both of you would be refused to Canada.

Getting married AFTER landing, would mean she would be given PR even if (Allah na karay) she has some issue which Canada believes will be burden on govt services.

So, get the visa, land ASAP in Canada, and then go back and get married, then come back and apply for her sponsorship. Easy