SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
This is just a general question.

In Pakistani cases, does the Canadian government consider marriage as Nikkah only, or the whole (Nikkah + Mehndi + Bharat + Walima) is considered as marriage by them?

The reason for this question is that I and my wife signed the nikkah papers on different days, and no photos were taken due to religious reasons. My wife wasn't available in Pak due to her masters going on and she was caught up in her assignments.

But we plan to have a proper rukhsati (mehndi, barat, walima), and we will be applying after the rukhsati with all photos, proofs etc

Thanks
Jahan, at this point, it will be really beneficial for you to spend some time on CIC website.

Go to this link, Get Pakistani specific forms and requirements in this page.
https://ircc.canada.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

Its good that you are planning from this early. But you need to know exactly what they require - and you should learn it directly from CIC website. Everything is explained there.

Reactions: jahankhan

mnova

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
I recieved re medical request July 11, 2023
Done on July 20, 2023
Re medical sent on August 4, 2023
Now I am just waiting in hopes that I'll get my ppr soon...

Fisher1122

Aug 8, 2023
Hi. I am an August '22 applicant and my Eligibility went in Progress on June 1st. Since then, there has not been any update on my application (no ghost update, BGC is in progress since April 19th, No ADR has been received yet). Is it common to not receive any sort of update 2 months after your eligibility went In Progress?

Muhammad Shakil

Star Member
May 22, 2023
My husband recieved his passport today Alhamdullilah for TRV . We were expecting a single entry Visa but it is multiple Visa which is great.
Yayyy, Safi. Finally. The wait is over. We can't even share the joy you and your family are having.

Enjoy this moment. I personally want to thank you Sister for guiding me and a lot of newbies like me on this platform.

Will we still find you on this forum to help us with our future questions?

Safi S

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
Yayyy, Safi. Finally. The wait is over. We can't even share the joy you and your family are having.

Enjoy this moment. I personally want to thank you Sister for guiding me and a lot of newbies like me on this platform.

Will we still find you on this forum to help us with our future questions?
Well thankyou so much and you're always welcome. I am still waiting for the pr which might take 2 months, for that will keep you all updated. For us it's a difficult time, may Allah unite everyone with their partners soon.

Reactions: Mahnooradil

Pindimurree

Star Member
Nov 1, 2015
Oshawa
Hey guys. I applied for Spousal and TRV for my wife. She is done with biometrics and medical.
My status changed from PR to Citizen today. Is there any need or benefit of updating IRCC?

vky0123

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
H
My husband recieved his passport today Alhamdullilah for TRV . We were expecting a single entry Visa but it is multiple Visa which is great.
I, are you planning to apply his work permit as well when he will be in Canada? Do you have any idea how long the PR application takes to process?

Mahnooradil

Mar 23, 2023
Pakistan
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
London
Well thankyou so much and you're always welcome. I am still waiting for the pr which might take 2 months, for that will keep you all updated. For us it's a difficult time, may Allah unite everyone with their partners soon.
What is the status of your eligibility and bg check on PR application