+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Jul 28, 2023
Hello everyone! It’s great to hear so many people getting their spousal TRVs.

I recently submitted my Spouse’s Family Sponsorship application (12 July; online). We are waiting for further updates and AOR.

In the meantime, we would like to apply for my husband’s visitor visa under the light of the recent announcement of fast approvals for family reunification, while we wait for a decision on his PR application.

Can anyone please advise on how we should proceed -

1. Should we wait for AOR and application number to be generated before applying for his Visitor Visa

Or

2. Can we proceed to apply for TRV without receiving AOR/application number as we have a confirmation of payment for spousal application?

Any guidance on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

moliKT

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Experts.... . I submitted by PR spouse application on May mid and from previous TRV Biometric was completed and in PA tracker it shows as completed. Thus I didnt pay for Bio fee part of PR application. now on July 20th i got the request to pay fee and i did on the same day. havent heard anything after that on... do we have any similar scenario? or any timelines similar to this. Appreciate if you have insights on this

Safi S

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
Hello everyone! It’s great to hear so many people getting their spousal TRVs.

I recently submitted my Spouse’s Family Sponsorship application (12 July; online). We are waiting for further updates and AOR.

In the meantime, we would like to apply for my husband’s visitor visa under the light of the recent announcement of fast approvals for family reunification, while we wait for a decision on his PR application.

Can anyone please advise on how we should proceed -

1. Should we wait for AOR and application number to be generated before applying for his Visitor Visa

Or

2. Can we proceed to apply for TRV without receiving AOR/application number as we have a confirmation of payment for spousal application?

Any guidance on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Wait for Aor , once your application is on their system it's easy to get a TRV as without AOR chances of refusal are extremely high

Reactions: InfoSeeker12
Dec 3, 2022
Hello guys! I submit my application for spousal PR Application on 25 November 2020. These almost three years was very frustrating.
After new announcement i also submitted TRV application on 8th June 2023.
Meanwhile i got request for re medical in start of July for my PR Application, i complete the medical and that was updated on tracker on 15th july, meanwhile my trv was still in progress,
Is this is a miracle yesterday i got PPR request for my PR Application & today i received PPR request for my TRV application, both application approved at almost same time.
What should i do, i think first i submit my passport for PR Application and when i got my passport back than i will again submit my passport for trv, or i should ignore TRV PPR request.
Any suggestions.

SN12345

Jul 3, 2023
Hello guys! I submit my application for spousal PR Application on 25 November 2020. These almost three years was very frustrating.
Meanwhile i got request for re medical in start of July for my PR Application, i complete the medical and that was updated on tracker on 15th july, meanwhile my trv was still in progress,
Is this is a miracle yesterday i got PPR request for my PR Application & today i received PPR request for my TRV application, both application approved at almost same time.
What should i do, i think first i submit my passport for PR Application and when i got my passport back than i will again submit my passport for trv, or i should ignore TRV PPR request.
Any suggestions.
You should go ahead and submit passport for you PR application. You dont need to submit your passport again for TRV because ur Pr visa cancels out the TRV anyway. Congratzzz.

Reactions: YVR123

Manee00

Star Member
Oct 17, 2022
Any suggestions.
Congratulations!! Finallyy

Manee00

Star Member
Oct 17, 2022
I’m waiting for my passport to come back from vfs. What should I expect to be in there? Also can anybody guide me on what questions I would be asked at the immigration having copr? That would mean a lot thanks!!

Mahnooradil

Mar 23, 2023
Pakistan
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
London
Wait for Aor , once your application is on their system it's easy to get a TRV as without AOR chances of refusal are extremely high
Hello, congratulations on your ppr!
I am currently in the process of applying for TRV. I am confused with the whole dual intent situation what to explain in the letter. Did you say anything about returning to home country if the ongoing PR application isn’t processed within the 6 months of TRV time span or you only mentioned your intent to reunite while you wait for your PR?

Safi S

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
Hello, congratulations on your ppr!
I am currently in the process of applying for TRV. I am confused with the whole dual intent situation what to explain in the letter. Did you say anything about returning to home country if the ongoing PR application isn’t processed within the 6 months of TRV time span or you only mentioned your intent to reunite while you wait for your PR?
Hello , dont worry about dual intent. Sponsor should mention the main reason in invitation letter that why I want my spouse in Canada, mention the length of stay for eg: 2 months , 3months. Reasons can include birthday, anniversary etc . For financial proof I stated that i will support my spouse on his entire stay and gave my bank statements. In short, my application was really simple and to the point and I never mixed up things in terms of finance

Mahnooradil

Mar 23, 2023
Pakistan
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
London
Hello , dont worry about dual intent. Sponsor should mention the main reason in invitation letter that why I want my spouse in Canada, mention the length of stay for eg: 2 months , 3months. Reasons can include birthday, anniversary etc . For financial proof I stated that i will support my spouse on his entire stay and gave my bank statements. In short, my application was really simple and to the point and I never mixed up things in terms of finance
Thankyou so much , also since you applied through Gckey do you have an idea what do I upload in Proof of Means of Financial Support since I depend on my spouse financially and already uploaded his documents in the supporter section.
also regarding invite letter did you get it notarised or just a simple letter having all the required information?

Safi S

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
Thankyou so much , also since you applied through Gckey do you have an idea what do I upload in Proof of Means of Financial Support since I depend on my spouse financially and already uploaded his documents in the supporter section.
also regarding invite letter did you get it notarised or just a simple letter having all the required information?
For financial support write a letter that my spouse will support me financially and I am submitting his bank statements ( last 4 to 6 months) , employer letter or T4. No it was just a simple letter not notorised but I gave all details there including spousal application file information

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
MashaAllah - glad to see that everyone's getting their TRVs within 10-15. The ones who are waiting for it, i hope inshaAllah you get yours asap.

A question for all recent TRV applicants (with Spousal PR), who just got their TRVs or already arrived in Canada -
Did you buy return tickets as well? If yes - ignore this. If no....please continue:

-Did the PIA staff (or which ever airline)- at the time of check-in at Pakistani airport, ask you about Return Ticket? What did you say?
-Did the immigration officer in Canada, asked you about Return Tickets? What was your response?