SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Muhammad Shakil

Star Member
May 22, 2023
--- Off Topic

Salam ALL:

Has anybody recently travelled with PIA? If yes:

* How was the service?
* From where you bought it? Like a website or a travel agent (if comfortable sharing)

Recently, ticket prices are way expensive for just 1 Layover flight to PAK through good airlines like Qatar, Emirates, etc.

Reactions: InfoSeeker12

Safi S

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
--- Off Topic

Salam ALL:

Has anybody recently travelled with PIA? If yes:

* How was the service?
* From where you bought it? Like a website or a travel agent (if comfortable sharing)

Recently, ticket prices are way expensive for just 1 Layover flight to PAK through good airlines like Qatar, Emirates, etc.
I travel only with PIA atleast 2 times a year , service is ok but the plus part is they offer direct flights . I've been buying tickets from travel arrangers, located in mississauga since past 7 years they offer decent price and are very professional.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Thanks, Info for the detailed comment. I will think about ordering GCMS Notes. But in our case, even Generic Comments simply tell us clearly about the DUAL INTENT problem.

Also, one point to elaborate that me and my spouse had also mentioned clearly about the "Family Reunification" and "Hon. Minister Sean Fraser (former minister) announcement" in our respective LETTERS. Even then they ignored and refused it.

IRCC is simply telling us that you should LIE and get a Fake Job to show your TIES. But try not to tell the truth.

Regardless, we can't contact them through Webform as Application has clearly written "Closed" on the TRACKER portal.

I agree with you about NOT applying straight away again. But what about trying after a month or so?
Yep, 100% agreed. The officer has clearly put the reasons - which doesnt make sense since you have a Spousal PR in progress!
That's why i'm saying they are refusing without a proper reason and knowing that there is no recourse for us.

I'd suggest wait for a month or so. Let your Spousal PR progress further a bit. I guess in that time, you will be getting PPR for your Spousal PR anyways, wont have the need for TRV. These buggers have completely killed the idea of TRV right after AOR. Cuz from AOR to PPR, there is a good 7-8 month time. It made sense to get TRV then and spend those 7-8 months time with spouse in Canada. But if they keep delaying, then there is no point to apply for TRV later in the timeline and get PPR for both, TRV and PR at the same time.

I know its NOT easy decision. I am in the middle of this whole situation myself - to apply or not to apply. If they are refusing TRV applications which has already got AOR and even SA - then honestly its beyond logic and common sense, but definitely smells like malintent.

Perhaps we need to communicate this at least to our MPs. I'm serious about this guys/girls. Anyone who has got refusals after AOR - should at least inform their MPs what CIC is doing. Ask why its happening when they said it wont. Refund our money simply - and announce that dont apply for TRV.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
I travel only with PIA atleast 2 times a year , service is ok but the plus part is they offer direct flights . I've been buying tickets from travel arrangers, located in mississauga since past 7 years they offer decent price and are very professional.
Hi Safi - the travel agents in Mississauga - are they able to provide better price than PiA website itself?

jahankhan

Aug 4, 2023
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and will be needing help.

I plan to apply for the Canadian Spousal Sponsorship. My wife is Canadian and is in Canada with her parents at the moment.

I work in Dubai.

We had our nikkah in April 2023. At the time of the nikkah, my wife was not present in Pakistan. I was present in Pakistan and my wife was in Canada along with her parents. My wife's relatives were available and were invited to my house in Pakistan.

I signed the nikkah papers in Pakistan and after a few weeks, my wife and I met in England where she signed the nikkah papers. (Holiday photos, my ticket and Boarding pass to the UK are available)

We plan to have a proper ruksati (mehndi, barat, walima) in Pakistan in Febraury 2024 inshaAllah.

In June 2023 my wife came to Dubai for a visit to see me. (Photos, Boarding pass and tickets available)

I read that weddings where one of the applicants (the groom or bride) isn't present, such weddings aren't acceptable. But in my case, we signed the nikkah papers at different times, and as i said we plan to have a proper ruksati (mehndi, barat, walima) in Pakistan in Febraury 2024 inshaAllah.

This has been stressing me out a bit. Any thoughtful advice will be really appreciated.

Many thanks,

J Khan

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi Jahan. Welcome to the forum. First and foremost, Nikkah was not done face to face. You and your sponsor may have that one as your main challenge. But as long as you can explain it - why you could not travel, she could not travel to Dubai? etc etc. Its all about how well, you explain and present your case and plan your steps before you apply for a Spousal PR.

2nd major red flag - Rukhsati not done. IRCC officers understand the value of Rukhsati and they clearly have said in refusal letters that since Rukhsati has not occurred, they dont believe the marriage to be genuine. So pls dont think of applying right now, that will be my opinion. There may be cases on this forum, where Spousal PR was granted before Rukhsati, but absence of both parties in Nikah - that sounds like red flag for IRCC officers + Rukhsati not done = straight refusal!

You can quickly come over it, if you apply for PR after Rukhsati + after living with your spouse for a month or two - so you both can prove your residence together through documents and pictures. Then it becomes lot easier.

While you are waiting for February 2024....pls a make trip to Canada! That will strengthen your PR case tremendously.
Your wife has already visited Dubai once after Nikah, right?
You should apply for TRV now - to prove (in your future PR application) that both of you kept seeing each other during Rukhsati and even made trips. Thats investment of time and money.
Plus, it will be easier for you to get TRV, cuz you are currently working in Dubai, you have a job that will pull you back to Dubai.
Visa officers will not be afraid that he will not return back from Canada.

Yes, its slight challenging but you have got couple of strong points working in your favor, specially cuz you are currently working in Dubai. Take advantage of that situation. Wish you the very best.

Reactions: jahankhan

jahankhan

Aug 4, 2023
Hi Jahan. Welcome to the forum. First and foremost, Nikkah was not done face to face. You and your sponsor may have that one as your main challenge. But as long as you can explain it - why you could not travel, she could not travel to Dubai? etc etc. Its all about how well, you explain and present your case and plan your steps before you apply for a Spousal PR.

2nd major red flag - Rukhsati not done. IRCC officers understand the value of Rukhsati and they clearly have said in refusal letters that since Rukhsati has not occurred, they dont believe the marriage to be genuine. So pls dont think of applying right now, that will be my opinion. There may be cases on this forum, where Spousal PR was granted before Rukhsati, but absence of both parties in Nikah - that sounds like red flag for IRCC officers + Rukhsati not done = straight refusal!

You can quickly come over it, if you apply for PR after Rukhsati + after living with your spouse for a month or two - so you both can prove your residence together through documents and pictures. Then it becomes lot easier.

While you are waiting for February 2024....pls a make trip to Canada! That will strengthen your PR case tremendously.
Your wife has already visited Dubai once after Nikah, right?
You should apply for TRV now - to prove (in your future PR application) that both of you kept seeing each other during Rukhsati and even made trips. Thats investment of time and money.
Plus, it will be easier for you to get TRV, cuz you are currently working in Dubai, you have a job that will pull you back to Dubai.
Visa officers will not be afraid that he will not return back from Canada.

Yes, its slight challenging but you have got couple of strong points working in your favor, specially cuz you are currently working in Dubai. Take advantage of that situation. Wish you the very best.

@InfoSeeker12 Thank you for your elaborative response. Just want to provide an insight on some points here.

- My wife couldn't come to Pakistan as she had her masters going on in Canada at the time of the nikkah, so due to courseworks commitments coming to Pak wasn't feasible for her. After approximately two weeks of the Nikkah (during the Easter break) my wife and I decided to meet in England where she signed the Nikkah Nama. (This will be explained in the PR application) Is this a good enough clarification? I mean does it seem acceptable?

- I agree with you and I plan to apply for the PR after the rukhsathi, as I will be having more proof then. My wife and I plan to open a joint bank account after the rukhsathi, which can be used as proof of financial dependency.

- I would've liked to visit Canada but my wife and her parents plan to go to Pakistan next month for the rukhsathi preps (shopping etc), so if I apply for the visa now, by the time the visa is granted to me, they might have left for Pakistan already. (this can be proved in the PR application by showing chats between us, as we talk about her going to Pakistan for the ruksathi preps, shopping etc)

- I plan to include the Family Registration Certificate by Nadra in the application, which shows us as Husband and Wife

- We plan to apply for the PR 3 months after our rukhsathi, and by that time she'll be living with me.

- I have chats, our photos in England and Dubai. Additionally, we will have loads of rukhsathi photos as well that we plan to include in the application.

I hope all that is stated is good enough evidence for the application.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Mahnooradil

Mar 23, 2023
Pakistan
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
London
I got my pre-arrival letter today but eligibility still shows as ‘not started’ on the tracker. Doesn’t pre arrival always come after the eligibility is completed? Also does anyone know how long it takes for ppr to arrive after the pre arrival. (talking about the notoriously slow London office )

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
@InfoSeeker12 Thank you for your elaborative response. Just want to provide an insight on some points here.

I hope all that is stated is good enough evidence for the application.

Any advice will be much appreciated.
Salams Jahan...see my response below:

- My wife couldn't come to Pakistan as she had her masters going on in Canada at the time of the nikkah, so due to courseworks commitments coming to Pak wasn't feasible for her. After approximately two weeks of the Nikkah (during the Easter break) my wife and I decided to meet in England where she signed the Nikkah Nama. (This will be explained in the PR application) Is this a good enough clarification? I mean does it seem acceptable?
>>>>Good explanation. Will need documents from her uni that will substantiate that she was really having an exam during that time. Dont take me wrong - but looking at your case, just you guys were not in one place at the time of nikkah, by default, thats a red flag for CIC. if you watch american movies, imagine the moment your application reaches IRCC and the moment an officer opens it up and reads ...You were signing nikah papers in Pakistan, while the girl was in Canada writing her exam papers...visualize....the officer grabbing a mic and shouting...Defcon 1...i repeat Defcon 1....and sirens every where. :)
So you will have to go over and above to prove every single word you are saying by documents, from university, on university letter head etc etc.

- I agree with you and I plan to apply for the PR after the rukhsathi, as I will be having more proof then. My wife and I plan to open a joint bank account after the rukhsathi, which can be used as proof of financial dependency.
>>Yea joint account is ok, if you both were living in a country together. if not -then just simply sending her money through Western Union, Remitly is enough. Just copy the receipts and attach all of it as one pdf document. But Dirhams to dollar..yaaaicks...that shrinks quickly.

- I would've liked to visit Canada but my wife and her parents plan to go to Pakistan next month for the rukhsathi preps (shopping etc), so if I apply for the visa now, by the time the visa is granted to me, they might have left for Pakistan already. (this can be proved in the PR application by showing chats between us, as we talk about her going to Pakistan for the ruksathi preps, shopping etc)
>>Totally up to you. Its your application. Just imagine if you are asked for an interview by visa officer. He would ask - You had no desire to be with your wife in person? - Now add all the concerns of CIC based on Defcon 1 situation i painted above...what will help your answer?
The shopping answer......So she wanted to do shopping more than she wanted to be with you??......OR...
"Yes Officer...I tried. I was missing her badly and that's why I applied for TRV so that i could spend Christmas with her. But you guys denied me the Visa!"
Dont take this lightly, try to apply for a TRV. Even if you are refused, that will work in your favor, not against you!

- I plan to include the Family Registration Certificate by Nadra in the application, which shows us as Husband and Wife
>>Thats not enough. You will have to get it translated by official translation services, just google that for islamabad, or whichever city you are in. And get it translated there. What you will send to CIC is: 2pages of Urdu Nikah nama, 2pages of translations, 1page of affadavit from the translater and all his zillions of stamps at the bottom + lastly, the english FRC by Nadra!

- We plan to apply for the PR 3 months after our rukhsathi, and by that time she'll be living with me.
>>Good plan. Make it towards the end of the 3 months.

- I have chats, our photos in England and Dubai. Additionally, we will have loads of rukhsathi photos as well that we plan to include in the application.
>>Good idea. Make a folder in your computer and keep saving all pics, screen shots and what not, keep it dated. Including as many family members as possible in the pictures is the key. If there is only mom dad, or some friends - or just you two....once again Defcon 1 and sirens! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jahankhan

jahankhan

Aug 4, 2023
This is just a general question.

In Pakistani cases, does the Canadian government consider marriage as Nikkah only, or the whole (Nikkah + Mehndi + Bharat + Walima) is considered as marriage by them?

The reason for this question is that I and my wife signed the nikkah papers on different days, and no photos were taken due to religious reasons. My wife wasn't available in Pak due to her masters going on and she was caught up in her assignments.

But we plan to have a proper rukhsati (mehndi, barat, walima), and we will be applying after the rukhsati with all photos, proofs etc

Thanks