+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The internet is definitely echoing the same news - that Abu Dhabi visa office is moving back to Islamabad. I checked the link and it opens VFS global site. VFS as far as I know, is indian owned and operated franchise with expertise in Visa processing. Seems IRCC has outsourced it to VFS - hopefully that speeds up the process.
vfs are known as the visa application centres where you give biometrics and submit/receive documents (usually). They don't do the actual processing, think of it as just the logistics of documents between the visa office and the applicants. They are private companies.

The visa offices outside Canada are divisions of embassies/consulates/high commissions (may be in separate buildings of course). But not all visa offices handle all types of files - there are regional 'hubs' that handle the spousal apps. I do not know if there has been a change to process them for Pakistan in Islamabad (which recently has only printed the physical visas for spousal apps - which can be done anywhere). It would be a pretty big change to move it (but of course it's possible). Note, it's also possible that some changes have been made that are temporary.

Or just as likely is someone from outside heard something or misinterpreted some minor fact to mean that they'd moved it, and it was just some minor thing (like having visa printed at that section - which doesn't mean much, it's mainly a matter of having the specialized printer).

Last edited:
Reactions: InfoSeeker12

attkhan

Nov 17, 2020
Thanks dear for the useful thoughts. Yes, in theory, you are right (and of course theory is implemented sometimes). But my thinking is that what happened in your case i.e. eight months since pre arrival, is not an every day phenomon. May be you were given early pre arrival (within 3 months of applying?) because of the situation in your homeland, Ukraine, to keep your hope high. I think for the 80% of the apps, PPR is sent within 60 days of the pre arrival letter. That is just what I figured out ftom the input of the members of the forum.
Did you get the Pre arrival letter and request for Passport

Dec 3, 2022
My timeline is..

Application received On 25th November 2020

AOR Letter received 1st February 2021

Biometric waived due to covid, previous one used which was given for TRV.

Medical request 26th April 2021
Medical done 25th May 2021
Medical passed 30th May 2021

ADR request received 22nd November 2021
PCC + All signed Forms to re submit, because signature was expired, one year signature validity.

Got Pre Arrival Letter on 9th September 2022

2nd ADR request received ( PCC+ Background declaration form) on 15th September 2022.
Submitted on 25th September 2022.

After that there is no update till today.
still waiting
24 + months passed

Its very irritating now..

Hopeful69

Jul 12, 2022
Hello friends, Last Monay, I got an email from LVO asking that if the PA i.e. My spouse will be able land Canada before Feb 09- the date of her medical expiry. If she can, LVO will send her PPR. If not, LVO will send re-medical request. Same day, I confirmed that yes 'she will land Canada b4 Feb 09 positively so please send her PPR'. It is 5 days now since LVO email and no PPR mail they sent so far.
Anybody been through this experience please share that after the confirmation email from PA end, how long does LVO take to send PPR?

Reactions: SyedWaqas99999

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
My timeline is..

Application received On 25th November 2020

AOR Letter received 1st February 2021

Biometric waived due to covid, previous one used which was given for TRV.

Medical request 26th April 2021
Medical done 25th May 2021
Medical passed 30th May 2021

ADR request received 22nd November 2021
PCC + All signed Forms to re submit, because signature was expired, one year signature validity.

Got Pre Arrival Letter on 9th September 2022

2nd ADR request received ( PCC+ Background declaration form) on 15th September 2022.
Submitted on 25th September 2022.

After that there is no update till today.
still waiting
24 + months passed

Its very irritating now..
Salams brother. Who is the sponsor in this application? Since the 20 month timeline has passed, i'd strongly suggest the sponsor to write an email or visit their Member of Parliament, with application details and the latest communication from IRCC, which was 25th Sep 22 in your case. And you should repeat that its been more than 24 months now, while the processing time shows only 20 months. Ask their help to let you know what is hindering the progress of your application.

attkhan

Nov 17, 2020
Hello friends, Last Monay, I got an email from LVO asking that if the PA i.e. My spouse will be able land Canada before Feb 09- the date of her medical expiry. If she can, LVO will send her PPR. If not, LVO will send re-medical request. Same day, I confirmed that yes 'she will land Canada b4 Feb 09 positively so please send her PPR'. It is 5 days now since LVO email and no PPR mail they sent so far.
Anybody been through this experience please share that after the confirmation email from PA end, how long does LVO take to send PPR?
you will get pre arrival and other process like call of passport call within 2-3 weeks. You have to buy the ticket and send a copy of ticket.

Hopeful69

Jul 12, 2022
you will get pre arrival and other process like call of passport call within 2-3 weeks. You have to buy the ticket and send a copy of ticket.
Dear Brother,

Thanks for your response.
Is your information based on your personal experience (LVO email asking confirmatiom for landing b4 getting PPR) or some of your friend went through it or just your opinion?

knighthunter001

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-07-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Second med 10-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-01-2023
Dear Brother,

Thanks for your response.
Is your information based on your personal experience (LVO email asking confirmatiom for landing b4 getting PPR) or some of your friend went through it or just your opinion?
Yes I'd like to know the same I'm all in for buying tickets and sending a copy if that would satisfy ircc. I just think each case is different along side the fact that everyone's medical is at a different time and in order for cic to grant a visa and have the applicant come in the country it needs to be before the medical expires.