+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

attkhan

Nov 17, 2020
Dear Brother,

Thanks for your response.
Is your information based on your personal experience (LVO email asking confirmatiom for landing b4 getting PPR) or some of your friend went through it or just your opinion?
First of All , Thanks Allah,

Application submitted on August 2021
Medical passed - End of Feb 2022
We received Pre arrival on November 24th
Decision Made - November 26th,
Call for passport- December 2nd. 2022
Process Complete.

Hopeful69

Jul 12, 2022

Process Complete.
Many congratulations dear brother for the good news for you.
One Q: From passport call do you you mean PPR email or actual phone call from IRCC to submit your passport to the nearest visa office?

knighthunter001

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-07-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Second med 10-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-01-2023

Process Complete.
Congrats ... I hope I also get a passport request email soon Inshallah

sk2k20

Dec 5, 2022
Application Timeline:

Application Received: Nov 24th, 2021
Biometrics Request: March 14th, 2022
Medical Request: April 24th, 2022
Medical Exam (Change to Completed): May 21, 2022
Pre-Arrival: November 24th, 2022
Eligibility (Change to Completed): November 25th, 2022
Background (Change to Completed): December 1st, 2022
Decision Made: December 1st, 2022
Passport Request: December 2nd, 2022

Inshallah going to submit the passport today and need to wait on COPR

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Application Timeline:

Application Received: Nov 24th, 2021
Biometrics Request: March 14th, 2022
Medical Request: April 24th, 2022
Medical Exam (Change to Completed): May 21, 2022
Pre-Arrival: November 24th, 2022
Eligibility (Change to Completed): November 25th, 2022
Background (Change to Completed): December 1st, 2022
Decision Made: December 1st, 2022
Passport Request: December 2nd, 2022

Inshallah going to submit the passport today and need to wait on COPR
AlhamdoLILAH. Seems your whole process was completed within 12months and few days. Thats a great sign that perhaps the timelines are getting shorter.
- Did the person being sponsored, had ever travelled to Canada in the past? Or did they stay outside Pakistan for 6 months?
-Was the sponsor a PR only or Citizen?

Reactions: sk2k20

sk2k20

Dec 5, 2022
AlhamdoLILAH. Seems your whole process was completed within 12months and few days. Thats a great sign that perhaps the timelines are getting shorter.
- Did the person being sponsored, had ever travelled to Canada in the past? Or did they stay outside Pakistan for 6 months?
-Was the sponsor a PR only or Citizen?

So my wife was the principle applicant.

- She hasn't ever travelled outside of Pakistan.
- I'm the sponsor and I'm a Canadian Citizen.

Even though she hasn't travelled to Canada I feel like we had a pretty strong application. I've known her for almost 8 years and have proof of communication and financial support going back 5 years. I also travelled to Pakistan multiple times for significant periods and have proof of visiting her.

I have a strong feeling that our application probably got approved quicker than it would have to make the spousal sponsorship numbers look better (e.g approved within the 12 months service standard instead of having an application go into backlog).

Reactions: InfoSeeker12

Hopeful69

Jul 12, 2022
All the Thanks to The Most Kind Allah, just got the PPR email for the spouce. Insha Allah will go tomorrow to Lahore VAC to submit the passports.
Need advice:
Q 1: do we need to schedule appointment at VAC to submit the passport?
Q2: these days, how much time Lahore VAC is taking to return the passport?

Last edited:
Reactions: knighthunter001

knighthunter001

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-07-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Second med 10-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-01-2023
All the Thanks to The Most Kind Allah, just got the PPR email for the spouce. Insha Allah will go tomorrow to Lahore VAC to submit the passports.
Need advice:
Q 1: do we need to schedule appointment at VAC to submit the passport?
Q2: these days, how much time Lahore VAC is taking to return the passport?
Your sooo lucky and im sooo UNLUCKY I feel like the worst husband and worst father been 7 years trying to sponsor my wife .. even calling ircc now they say since the application is London visa office I should contact them .. did that 2 weeks ago still no reply. Decision made but don't know what the decision is .. got pre arrival service letter but still no hope .. I'm down in the dumps and depressed .. I was a happy person but all this waiting and waiting and waiting has made me a bitter person and I feel like there is no hope for me or for me reuniting with my family.

Everyone is lucky but me when ya Allah will you give me my family ya Allah when will you show mercy to me and my kids plz ya Allah I beg of u plz let me be whole with my family.

I'm sorry ..

sk2k20

Dec 5, 2022
Your sooo lucky and im sooo UNLUCKY I feel like the worst husband and worst father been 7 years trying to sponsor my wife .. even calling ircc now they say since the application is London visa office I should contact them .. did that 2 weeks ago still no reply. Decision made but don't know what the decision is .. got pre arrival service letter but still no hope .. I'm down in the dumps and depressed .. I was a happy person but all this waiting and waiting and waiting has made me a bitter person and I feel like there is no hope for me or for me reuniting with my family.

Everyone is lucky but me when ya Allah will you give me my family ya Allah when will you show mercy to me and my kids plz ya Allah I beg of u plz let me be whole with my family.

I'm sorry ..
Inshallah I hope you hear some positive news soon. It feels like the speed at which an application gets processed depends on different factors out of our control (e.g country of principle applicant, visa office, covid backlog, refugee intake, etc). Even within people applying from the same country and at the around the same time there is variation within the processing time. I wouldn't take it too personally if you haven't heard back. You've done all you can and its just a waiting game at this point. I mentally prepared me and my wife to have to wait up until next year since that was what the processing time indicated.

Hopeful69

Jul 12, 2022

I'm sorry ..
Dear Brother,
I feel so sad for you. May Allah give you the happy news soon.
When desision has been made, I don't see any rationale in not announcing it. I mean what is left after DM? Nothing. So then why don't they announce it? That just does not make any sense to me. Actually federal court came harsh on IRCC during mandamus hearings in recent past due to similar reasons.
May Allah Kareem help you!

knighthunter001

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-07-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Second med 10-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-01-2023
Dear Brother,
I feel so sad for you. May Allah give you the happy news soon.
When desision has been made, I don't see any rationale in not announcing it. I mean what is left after DM? Nothing. So then why don't they announce it? That just does not make any sense to me. Actually federal court came harsh on IRCC during mandamus hearings in recent past due to similar reasons.
May Allah Kareem help you!

Brother I don't feel bad about myself any more ..it's more my wife n kids .. Canada talks about Reunification of family ... I have lost countless birthdays countless anniversaries countless moments of my kids life at home and at school .. yes I do go once a year but only for a month to see them .. both my kids have canadian passport yet here I am still waiting anxiously ... all I want is a better life for my wife and kids is that too much to ask for

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So my wife was the principle applicant.
I've known her for almost 8 years and have proof of communication and financial support going back 5 years. I also travelled to Pakistan multiple times for significant periods and have proof of visiting her.

I have a strong feeling that our application probably got approved quicker than it would have to make the spousal sponsorship numbers look better (e.g approved within the 12 months service standard instead of having an application go into backlog).
I think the speed of approval and smoothness is far more easily and obviously attributable to simple facts: you have known your spouse for years and multiple cases of visiting and proof of visiting her. With a side dish of being a citizen.

Those basic facts basically preclude/exclude a very, very large portion of the 'red flag' scenarios related to things IRCC is concerned about, compared to (my impression) eg a lot of arranged marriages from Pakistan. (Being a citizen not an issue on its own but there is reportedly concern about so-called 'chain immigration', someone being 'helped' to immigrate as a PR in return for future spnsorship - again, based only on things I've heard about as areas of concern for IRCC).

Her not having travelled is ambiguous in importance - probably net neutral if nothing of security concern.

So no need here to reach for the explanation that "IRCC is massaging the numbers" - except to the extent that they have an obvious interest in clearing simple cases of no concern quickly, because that's more efficient.

Hopeful69

Jul 12, 2022
Brother I don't feel bad about myself any more ..it's more my wife n kids .. Canada talks about Reunification of family ... I have lost countless birthdays countless anniversaries countless moments of my kids life at home and at school .. yes I do go once a year but only for a month to see them .. both my kids have canadian passport yet here I am still waiting anxiously ... all I want is a better life for my wife and kids is that too much to ask for
You fully deserve to enjoy all the beautiful moments with your family. And soon, you will insha Allah