+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

sarahkal

May 18, 2023
Do you (the PA) has got a UCI already? That really helps.
If you have got it, then you can simply email them your details and get the medical appointment without medical request letter.
Yes have uci but they don't book appointments without the IME letter it says on their website. Anyone able to get appointment can you please share what you sent? Does it even make a difference in the processing time? Thanks

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Yes have uci but they don't book appointments without the IME letter it says on their website. Anyone able to get appointment can you please share what you sent? Does it even make a difference in the processing time? Thanks
We got it without medical letter. May be there is a rush these days, so they are now strictly asking for letter.

sarahkal

May 18, 2023
We got it without medical letter. May be there is a rush these days, so they are now strictly asking for letter.
Can you please tell me the process? How did you get an appointment by email? What did info did tou give? Can you send me a sample of it? I would greatly appreciate it.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Can you please tell me the process? How did you get an appointment by email? What did info did tou give? Can you send me a sample of it? I would greatly appreciate it.
I guess you somehow did not look at my earlier post. You responded to that post - I have copied the whole email i got from them. I simply filled it and send it back to them.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship-pakistan-london-visa-office.203899/post-10543344

check in that email, they specifically say include IME letter if you have got it. there is an "IF".
Along with passport+dob and other details, also include PA's UCI or Application number, so that they can quickly tie it to your application.

sarahkal

May 18, 2023
I guess you somehow did not look at my earlier post. You responded to that post - I have copied the whole email i got from them. I simply filled it and send it back to them.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship-pakistan-london-visa-office.203899/post-10543344

check in that email, they specifically say include IME letter if you have got it. there is an "IF".
Along with passport+dob and other details, also include PA's UCI or Application number, so that they can quickly tie it to your application.
Ok thank you for your detailed answer. So does it help speed up the process though?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Ok thank you for your detailed answer. So does it help speed up the process though?
I dont think im qualified to say if it really speeds up the process - but its only common sense to see that if your biometric and medicals are either provided with the application or before getting AOR, your application will naturally progress to the next stages.
CIC process is long - even if 2 things get done quicker, CIC may still run your application in the same pace cuz they are well within their timelines - whatever that is these days, 16 months?

sarahkal

May 18, 2023
The processing time is 13-14 months. However, ppl seem to be getting their pr done quicker these days from what I am seeing in some groups. Also, trv is being processed faster too. Thanks for your input.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My view is that it does not - usually anyway - speed up the process to do medical before it is requested.

For most applicants, medicals are not the reason the file takes longer. It is early in the process (most of the time) and other things like security clearances eligiblity etc come later and are more unpredictable.

Plus, sometimes when applicants do upfront when it is not requested, there are delays caused by doing it outside the process - i.e. they can;t match the file etc.

Now there may be some specific circumstances, but most of the time - don't do it.

BTW you can watch how most files progress - they get AOR, then biometrics request/medical request close together, and then.... a long period of waiting while IRCC does their stuff internally. And no, they don't 'wait' for the medical to be completed before starting the next steps, only for the last decision steps. (This is visible in the gcms notes that they don't wait)