+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
I understand your frustration. I even started writing a complain. It sucks really. Plus I see all my friends who applied way later after me and they all got there PR status now. I don’t wanna compare but it’s just really annoying and frustrating seeing that there was nothing more for the application. Everything was fine and it’s just that landing appointment that is not even coming anytime soon.
My little research is leading me to conclude that if the PA happens to come from some high risk countries, cic turns to delay PR even if everything is genuine. A typical example are countries from West Africa , India, Philippines, and other south and central America countries like Brazil, Mexico, Columbia and not to talk of Caribbean countries . However for all visa exempt countries an application for pr in most of the cases, about 99% goes smoothly without any thorough scrutiny . The conclusion is that if a PA is within those high risk countries, risk profile level increases therefore background checks and eligibility always delays. There is the need to petition. Cic don't go by their own rules in terms of first come first serve. The worst culprit is their various local offices charged with responsibility of finalising pr, they seem to be so autonomous and nonresponsive and do their own thing without proper and clear guidelines as to the timings within which application ought to be completed and even if there are challenges on the application, one expects some form of communication to address these challenges.For me it seems immigration is the least priority of Canadian government yet on their website they are marketing Canada as immigration friendly, trying to behave as if they welcome everyone on board. In fact cic systems are too beaurocratic, and it seems it is the culture of government and provincial institutions in Canada. Either they are under staff or immigration is less priority .So one would have to endure the hardships of waiting to the detriment of health and well being of applicants and their spouses . Certainly we must petition to the government to bring changes.This current system is not the best for Canada in this Morden world.

Leogirl22

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
App. Filed.......
Nov22, 2017
Doc's Request.
Jan 11, 2017
Med's Done....
May 2018
Hi @Leogirl22 . I also wonder if that's possible! But I truly doubt. When did your year start? Mine started in April since they transferred my application to Edmonton.
It started in Nov. I think 22 Nov is when the file got transferred there

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
It started in Nov. I think 22 Nov is when the file got transferred there
Thanks for replying. That's insane! I quote what you mentioned in other post: "it seems they don't do anything in the meantime". My file was transferred almost a year ago in April to Edmonton, I ordered notes in November I think and it looks as if the last time they opened it was just when it arrived.

Reactions: Fowl and Attak

Canada227

Apr 3, 2019
My little research is leading me to conclude that if the PA happens to come from some high risk countries, cic turns to delay PR even if everything is genuine. A typical example are countries from West Africa , India, Philippines, and other south and central America countries like Brazil, Mexico, Columbia and not to talk of Caribbean countries . However for all visa exempt countries an application for pr in most of the cases, about 99% goes smoothly without any thorough scrutiny . The conclusion is that if a PA is within those high risk countries, risk profile level increases therefore background checks and eligibility always delays. There is the need to petition. Cic don't go by their own rules in terms of first come first serve. The worst culprit is their various local offices charged with responsibility of finalising pr, they seem to be so autonomous and nonresponsive and do their own thing without proper and clear guidelines as to the timings within which application ought to be completed and even if there are challenges on the application, one expects some form of communication to address these challenges.For me it seems immigration is the least priority of Canadian government yet on their website they are marketing Canada as immigration friendly, trying to behave as if they welcome everyone on board. In fact cic systems are too beaurocratic, and it seems it is the culture of government and provincial institutions in Canada. Either they are under staff or immigration is less priority .So one would have to endure the hardships of waiting to the detriment of health and well being of applicants and their spouses . Certainly we must petition to the government to bring changes.This current system is not the best for Canada in this Morden world.
Not sure about that. Last week turned 19 months since we submitted our inland application and my wife is from EU. Has university degree, fluent in English, no criminal record etc.

Reactions: david_gat88

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Not sure about that. Last week turned 19 months since we submitted our inland application and my wife is from EU. Has university degree, fluent in English, no criminal record etc.
In my opinion, it doesn't matter where you're from, we all, and we should go through the same procedure, it's part of all the background and security check ups, unless, there is something suspicious in someone's application then they might look a bit further. It could also be that they pick up random applications and decide to move them on the side, as they might be overloaded with work.

In my time in this forum I have learned, IRCC has a lot of inconsistencies, they deal with things in no particular way, people here (including myself) should try to understand that every SINGLE application is a unique case (there are very few similarities) Like a chess games, only the openings are well studied, after that it's up to the player.

Every application is treated in a very meticulous way. Good luck to you @Canada227

Angelwings1216

Apr 3, 2019
Hey I'm new here but I've been reading this forum for months just because I need something to occupy my time seeing that I'm not able to work and I realise I'm not alone on this journey.

I applied for PR under common law on Nov 1st 2017.
Application Recd: Nov 3 2017
Start of process June 11 2018
Medical request: May 10 2018
Medical received and pass (No date on file)
SA: Oct 1 2018
October file transfer to Etobicoke

I called once to CIC and all I get is backround check and eligibility in prices and I will hear something by June. She say it might take about 8months to hear anything.

(Rewind)
I am out of status for a few yrs now. Been in a relationship with my partner for 5yrs we have a daughter in 2016. We lived together throughout the relationship so i had no problem with showing the relationship was genuine. We have joint bank account, lots of pictures, lease with both our name on it, His life insurance with me as the beneficiary, bills and ID with same address and a few other stuff. The thing is as soon as we receive his letter of approval a few days later I got a letter stating that I need to report to CBSA. I must admit I was scared but as my lawyer said we had no choice but to go in order for my file to move forward. I was given 30 days to do so but because my passport was going to expire in two months(December) my lawyer asked for an extension for me to renew my passport. Anyone who dealt with CBSA before know that they hold your passport and I didn't want them holding an expired one knowing that I wasn't going to get it back for renewal when I needed it.
Anyway I sent my passport back to my home country for renewal and got in back in about 3wks. I finally went there (TO CBSA) on Dec 4th 2018 and was release with conditions and to sign in the first Friday of every month. I received another letter on March 13th 2018 saying that I need to appear for a hearing (I guess its a removal hearing) on March 26th but my lawyer said she was busy that day so we got another appointment for April 11th which is next week. I'm not that scared because I've read a few people in the same exact situation as I am in a few forums and because they already had an application in and almost at the end they were given time pending the final decision on the application.

I don' know what stage my application is in because everytime i call or check the status it' been telling me he same thing for months. My lawyer ordered my notes lasts month but haven gotten them as yet. Everything is ok but still reviewing my eligibility and backgound. I don't even have as much as a speeding ticket here or back home and I've never been in any trouble. The only country I lived in for more than six months was here in Canada so I wonder why it' taking so long. Then again Etobicoke is one of the slowest offices anyway.

Reactions: LC2017 and Attak

Fowl

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Thanks for replying. That's insane! I quote what you mentioned in other post: "it seems they don't do anything in the meantime". My file was transferred almost a year ago in April to Edmonton, I ordered notes in November I think and it looks as if the last time they opened it was just when it arrived.
SIGH,@ david_gatt88 , these people love dragging their feet, I trust this will be over soon!!! Good things will happen soon.

Amyshinwari

Apr 3, 2019
Hi
My husband went for interview 2 weeks ago,
The visa office only took some of our photos and his background papers.
We still haven’t heard anything back yet. She I be worried . How long will it take to get the result back?
Please help

Reactions: Fowl

Fowl

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Hi
My husband went for interview 2 weeks ago,
The visa office only took some of our photos and his background papers.
We still haven’t heard anything back yet. She I be worried . How long will it take to get the result back?
Please help
I assume you talking about a relationship interview, if so, no worries, sometime it's quick n sometimes its not. I went for the interview on November 14, and they didn't call us back for landing until December 11., who knows maybe they will call you tomorrow, these people dances to the beat of their own drum!!!!

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
Hey I'm new here but I've been reading this forum for months just because I need something to occupy my time seeing that I'm not able to work and I realise I'm not alone on this journey.

I applied for PR under common law on Nov 1st 2017.
Application Recd: Nov 3 2017
Start of process June 11 2018
Medical request: May 10 2018
Medical received and pass (No date on file)
SA: Oct 1 2018
October file transfer to Etobicoke

I called once to CIC and all I get is backround check and eligibility in prices and I will hear something by June. She say it might take about 8months to hear anything.

(Rewind)
I am out of status for a few yrs now. Been in a relationship with my partner for 5yrs we have a daughter in 2016. We lived together throughout the relationship so i had no problem with showing the relationship was genuine. We have joint bank account, lots of pictures, lease with both our name on it, His life insurance with me as the beneficiary, bills and ID with same address and a few other stuff. The thing is as soon as we receive his letter of approval a few days later I got a letter stating that I need to report to CBSA. I must admit I was scared but as my lawyer said we had no choice but to go in order for my file to move forward. I was given 30 days to do so but because my passport was going to expire in two months(December) my lawyer asked for an extension for me to renew my passport. Anyone who dealt with CBSA before know that they hold your passport and I didn't want them holding an expired one knowing that I wasn't going to get it back for renewal when I needed it.
Anyway I sent my passport back to my home country for renewal and got in back in about 3wks. I finally went there (TO CBSA) on Dec 4th 2018 and was release with conditions and to sign in the first Friday of every month. I received another letter on March 13th 2018 saying that I need to appear for a hearing (I guess its a removal hearing) on March 26th but my lawyer said she was busy that day so we got another appointment for April 11th which is next week. I'm not that scared because I've read a few people in the same exact situation as I am in a few forums and because they already had an application in and almost at the end they were given time pending the final decision on the application.

I don' know what stage my application is in because everytime i call or check the status it' been telling me he same thing for months. My lawyer ordered my notes lasts month but haven gotten them as yet. Everything is ok but still reviewing my eligibility and backgound. I don't even have as much as a speeding ticket here or back home and I've never been in any trouble. The only country I lived in for more than six months was here in Canada so I wonder why it' taking so long. Then again Etobicoke is one of the slowest offices anyway.
Don't worry it shall be well. As long as your application for PR is in process CBSA would have to wait until final decision is taken. My only concern is the attitude of the local institutions charged with responsibility of finalising application.They seem non responsive whenever appl

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
Don't worry it shall be well. As long as your application for PR is in process CBSA would have to wait until final decision is taken. My only concern is the attitude of the local institutions charged with responsibility of finalising application.They seem non responsive whenever application is transferred. At least some timeline and form of communication ought to be provided

Angelwings1216

Apr 3, 2019
@Attak.Yes my application was transferred to Etobicoke since October I don' even know if my security or eligibility has started yet but hopefully my lawyer get my notes soon so I will atleast get an update. I wrote an email to the etobicoke center but no reply. I figure since I did my medical last year May then I might have to do it soon again which will be a total waste of money seeing that we're not able to work. Honestly I don' know what to think anymore about how slow they are and I'm pretty sure they can do better but they just don't care.

Wilma0427

Feb 5, 2018
I just want to share my timeline with those of you who are still waiting. I am at the 18th month and I know how horrible it feels.

Sept 2017 -- App received
Nov 2017 -- AOR
Nov 2017 -- Schedule A& Police Certificate request
April, 2018 -- Med request
July 2018 -- Schedule A request again
Aug 2018 -- DM for SA
Sept 2018 -- File transferred to local office in Vancouver
Feb 2019 -- Police Certificate request again
March 2019 -- Relationship Interview request
April 2019 -- Relationship Interview done

Reactions: LC2017

Angelwings1216

Apr 3, 2019
Wow... Atleast your file have activity since being transfered and just after 5 months. I guess that a good sign that maybe you're almost at the end. Some of us haven't heard a peep since our file was transfered.

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
@Attak.Yes my application was transferred to Etobicoke since October I don' even know if my security or eligibility has started yet but hopefully my lawyer get my notes soon so I will atleast get an update. I wrote an email to the etobicoke center but no reply. I figure since I did my medical last year May then I might have to do it soon again which will be a total waste of money seeing that we're not able to work. Honestly I don' know what to think anymore about how slow they are and I'm pretty sure they can do better but they just don't care.
No as long as you are already in Canada you would not be asked to do medical again even if it has expired. My medical expired in March 2019 yet it is still showing in the GCKEYS that passed medical .Remember my file has been transferred since July 2018 though my application was made May 2017. I am waiting to hear from etobicoke office .l have contacted them several times no response. All that l get is your request have been forwarded to the supervisor .