+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Angelwings1216

Apr 3, 2019
CBSA update
So I had to be there at 10am and when I got there I just had to confirm my name and time then take a seat. There was about 3 other couples there waiting. I waited for maybe 15mins then I was called to a room. When we enter the room (my common law partner and myself) we met one lady she give us a warm smile and greeted us. We sat down on the opposite side of the glass while she quickly confirm who I was and also who I brought with me. It seems as if she already went through my file so she just told us she's not going to do anything at the moment. She said she notice that I had an application for sponsorship in already and it's almost close to complete (Filed Nov 2017). She then said she had to get in contact with CIC and see how far my process is and then decide from there. She also mention that it could take some time to get back to me because they are really busy and not too organised. I just smile and told her it's ok she can take her time:) she said she will keep us posted. I was so relieved and happy after being worried for so many days. I don' think I even spent 5 mins in the room it went that quickly. She was certainly a pleasant person to deal with and always had a smile on her face. I even told her that if I ever come back I hope shes the one who I meet. She then confirm that it will be her because she pull my file so I was happy all over again. We said our goodbye and I was out of there.:)

Will all that being said I hope I don' hear from her for months I might even get AIP before she contacts me again. Hopefully she's satisfied with whatever CIC might tell her so she Will just leave me alone. That would be good if that happens with no exclusion order ha ha:). Anyway I can finally breathe again.

brill987

Mar 16, 2019
We have no landed.

Application mailed - Sept 10, 2018
Application received - Sept 17, 2018
AOR - Oct 15, 2018
Medical Requested - Nov 29, 2018
Medical passed - Dec 21, 2018
AIP - Mar 9, 2019
SA - Mar 12, 2019
DM - Mar 15, 2019
Landed - Apr 12, 2019

Reactions: Pgtk

Kimmie1234

Feb 6, 2019
Honestly getting tired of waiting for landing interview. Keep on calling and emailing cic getting response to wait until this date and that date. It’s been more than 3months since we got DM. No further documents needed. I’ve seen friends getting landing appointment and they all applied way later than me. Going on 17 months since this whole application started just driving me nuts really and getting so frustrated.

Hi.
I am 2018 April 20 applicant. It will be exactly 12months on this Friday. However They are still processing my background.
Can you share your timeline? Are you waiting for landing interview? You will get soon.
wish you luck.

Angelwings1216

Apr 3, 2019
Today when the lady called she said she was sorry that she took so long on my file because she received it a long time ago (since being transfered on oct 25 2017). I email the office once last month and again two days before my CBSA appointment and got no reply. She even acknowledge that she did see the emails. So they do read your emails and refuse to reply leaving everyone to wonder. She told me she have my work permit and if I want to come and pick it up but I told her it' ok to just mail it to me. So she said ok it will come in a few days. My lawyer sent me the email since after 10am but I didn' check my email so didn' know it was there. I was online all day reading through different threads to pass the day.:)

Good111

Apr 17, 2019
Hello everyone,
I am new to here, but I have an urgent question.

I am out of status for 4 years before I apply inland sponsorship application. I got AIP letter half a year again. Recently I got a letter from CIC requires me go to CBSA to rectify my immigration status in 30 days. I was a failed refugee claimants, so I believe I have a remove order since that.

Does anybody have the same situation that I share with me?I am afraid go to CBSA as I don’t know what will happen next.

Angelwings1216

Apr 3, 2019
Hello everyone,
I am new to here, but I have an urgent question.

I am out of status for 4 years before I apply inland sponsorship application. I got AIP letter half a year again. Recently I got a letter from CIC requires me go to CBSA to rectify my immigration status in 30 days. I was a failed refugee claimants, so I believe I have a remove order since that.

Does anybody have the same situation that I share with me?I am afraid go to CBSA as I don’t know what will happen next.
Well there is no way around it. If they tell u that u need to go to CBSA then u have no choice but to go because at this moment it means that your application is on hold until u clear your situation with CBSA. Did you ever receive any kind of removal order after your failed refugee claim? If you did and u remain here then that could be the reason they need to see you. Maybe your removal order had already turn into a deportation order. How long ago did you fail the refugee claim? I'm sure after that you got a letter with instructions. What did it say? What did u do about it? You need to find a lawyer to accompany you there because it won't be easy going their alone seeng that you may already have a possible deportation order(maybe). Getting AIP is a good thing but it's all up to the CBSA officer that you meet. Some on them dont care much if u have application in or not even if u tell them u already have AIP. Go see them at your earliest convenience and be honest with your answers.

Last edited:

Good111

Apr 17, 2019
Yes, I believe I have a deportation letter.

Go to CBSA, I know they may trouble me & I will be honest to them. But do you get the same letter from CIC ask you go to CBSA to recitfy the immigration status? I still don’t understand what’s the meaning of rectify immigration status? Anybody know this means?

Leking1980

Star Member
Apr 8, 2019
You more than likely should be fine with your AIP in hand. Rectifying means to go see them and probably would have you sign once a month until you landed with your sponsorship. No way around it. You have to go. But you will be fine.

Angelwings1216

Apr 3, 2019
Yes, I believe I have a deportation letter.

Go to CBSA, I know they may trouble me & I will be honest to them. But do you get the same letter from CIC ask you go to CBSA to recitfy the immigration status? I still don’t understand what’s the meaning of rectify immigration status? Anybody know this means?
Yes I got two letters from them. Just two wks after getting sponsor approval in October I got the same letter to go and rectify with CBSA. I ask for an extension so I can get my passport renewed so after I got my passport back I went there in December. I met a really nice officer who sent me home with condiions and asked me to sign in once a month. It' really nerve wrecking when u receive that letter but if u meet someone understanding u will be fine. Then I got another letter in April this year to report for maybe an exclusion order I was guessing it was. When I got there I met an even nicer officer who sent me back home because I had an application in since Nov 2017. She wanted to confirm the status of my application first before she made a decision. You will be just fine u have to believe that. As long as u go there and u have no problem then your application will start progressing again.