+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
I agree with you. I had relationship interview since October 29th,2018, and the officer was satisfied and told us passed. Up till now, we are yet to receive finalization of the application.

MPs had contacted them severally as shown on the notes, but they have not really done anything on the file from their side.

Edmonton office seems like they don’t care about those who have exceeded the 12 months processing time. They give another 12 months timeline.

My application is 21months gone. It’s really painful, but we have got to stay through till the end.
Sorry, keeps forgetting, is your office Edmonton as well?

brill987

Mar 16, 2019
Inland applicant from US. Submitted fingerprints up front and we have a Canadian child together already.

Application mailed - Sept 10, 2018
Application received - Sept 17, 2018
AOR - Oct 15, 2018
Medical Requested - Nov 29, 2018
Medical passed - Dec 21, 2018
AIP - Mar 9, 2019
SA - Mar 12, 2019
DM - Mar 15, 2019

It went very smoothly, waiting for interview to be scheduled in Etobicoke.

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
Hi @Leogirl22 I am fine, how are you? We haven't heard anything at all either. MP didn't help at all for us.

It does seem that they just pile things up. I would not recommend you spending that money on a Representative or Lawyer, it would be a waste. I have one and it's useless, your case for me should be more straightforward as your husband even has a work permit. Who knows.

When you call at least try to get a timeline, there's another person here who called and got a timeline, same as mine, which is a year. What's left is just waiting.

Thanks for contacting.
You guys must go back to your notes and check when your files was transferred and when the local office received them. Sometimes there is always a time lapse between when the actual file got to the local office and Mississauga processing center. Your not would either indicate file in transit or file received at the local office. Based on the date received they would received adjust your due date if it is assessment of eligibility . I have checked mine and l realized even though l had letter dated July 7, 2018 stating my file has been transferred for further assessment yet the actual time etobicoke received the file and updates was in September 12, 2018.so based on that the due is adjusted from May 2018 to July 2019. Which means that l still have to wait till July 2019 to know what the officer would say concerning eligibility of PA. So you must use that date as a reference point.now l know l am 6months old from September 2018 and 8months from July 2018.

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Hi Everyone.

This is the most relevant on the first couple pages on my notes, there is a lot of things and pages in blank. We got our notes in 2018/11/21.

I am sharing this because I would like to compare it with some of us, specially people from Edmonton. @Leogirl22 @Pgtk and anybody who would like to try to find a reason why this office is taking longer than any other place, there must be something hidden that tells us why they can't process it in normal times.

Anyhow, on my notes, they stated that the reason my application was transfer is, due to workload, yet, in some of the officer notes, states that "relationship interview recommended'' and ''File to be transfer for a possible interview with the couple''. My notes really don't mentioned any red flags or reason why they want to interview us.

Created date: 2017/07/28
Updated date: 2018/04/16 (This to me, tells me, that they haven't touched my file since it was transferred)
Primary office: Edmonton
Secondary office: Vancouver
App Status: Open
App Status Reason: TFR-Workload (re)-Distribution.
Rec'd date: 2017/07/25
Lock in date: 2017/07/25
Category: FC1
Sub Category: CDA (Don't know what this is)

SPR Eligibility: Passed (although, we haven't received the letter)

On assessments
Eligibility: In progress
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: In Progress.
Org crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete

PAPER FILE
Office: Edmonton IRCC

Application Assignment
Due date: 2018/05/16 (I am assuming they should have opened my application in that date) Is this the date you are talking about @Pgtk ?

Pgtk

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hi Everyone.

This is the most relevant on the first couple pages on my notes, there is a lot of things and pages in blank. We got our notes in 2018/11/21.

I am sharing this because I would like to compare it with some of us, specially people from Edmonton. @Leogirl22 @Pgtk and anybody who would like to try to find a reason why this office is taking longer than any other place, there must be something hidden that tells us why they can't process it in normal times.

Anyhow, on my notes, they stated that the reason my application was transfer is, due to workload, yet, in some of the officer notes, states that "relationship interview recommended'' and ''File to be transfer for a possible interview with the couple''. My notes really don't mentioned any red flags or reason why they want to interview us.

Created date: 2017/07/28
Updated date: 2018/04/16 (This to me, tells me, that they haven't touched my file since it was transferred)
Primary office: Edmonton
Secondary office: Vancouver
App Status: Open
App Status Reason: TFR-Workload (re)-Distribution.
Rec'd date: 2017/07/25
Lock in date: 2017/07/25
Category: FC1
Sub Category: CDA (Don't know what this is)

SPR Eligibility: Passed (although, we haven't received the letter)

On assessments
Eligibility: In progress
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: In Progress.
Org crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete

PAPER FILE
Office: Edmonton IRCC

Application Assignment
Due date: 2018/05/16 (I am assuming they should have opened my application in that date) Is this the date you are talking about @Pgtk ?
Hi David , another member posted this . Assuming year from the date file transferred to local office . But this seems to be such a long time .

Reactions: david_gat88

LC2017

Aug 30, 2018
Just sharing my experience,it has been so hard but worth it.
Applied on November 16 2017 and got my work permit in April 2018 as the work permit application was submitted with the inland spousal sponsorship.Have a dependent back home in East Africa Burundi.
Got AIP on September 25. In December,after realizing that my work permit will expire at the same time as my passport without receiving the DM I asked for MP help if he can ask CIC on my behalf if I will be having any news soon as my passport was about to expire(February 12 2019).I was devestated as I can not renew my country passport without being physically in the country for ‘security purpose’.So MP told me to apply for TRV which I did on December 11th 2018 by had applied thru a wrong link therefore was cancelled.And stupidly left the country on January 5ththinking I will apply for another one while Back home to come back,with the new and old passport in hand I boarded the plane coming back but on my way was sent back to my home country because I only was presenting my work permit as ‘visa’.My son and husband(sponsor) who are both Canadians were travelling together but because of this we split up and we were so diasapointed and hopeless.This happened on January 16 and my son and I spent 2days at the airport of Addis Abeba which denied my boarding.I was sent back home with my son.My husband then went to see MP everyday to ask for help which he did.My TRV was denied in the process because the office(Tanzania ) that was processing it came to know in Late February that my PR was approved. And cancelled my application saying that I am now a PR and does not need the document.I received my landing interview email to present myself at Edmonton office on February 28 and was depressed that I was not gonnamake it since they denied a TRV and in the long run my work permit also was expired.MP did everything to help and was sent ppr a week later to send my passport and my dépendent’s at the VO in Tanzania.Sent the package March 7 and received back my maple leaf in my passport and my daughter as well the COPR on March 18th.Please people don’t travel before u make sure you can come back.It was very stupid mistake I made.But happy ending exist even with immigration.I informed CIC Edmonton on March 18 Th that I will not be able to go to landing on March 19 Th and they told me that I did not to anymore as I got visa and COPR and will land when I enter Canada .Hope this will help someone.My sopousal sponsorship took 16months in total.Planning to land soon looking for cheap ticket now.Good luck to everyone and patience is the key.

Reactions: Pgtk and Amsadek4u

achohan91

Feb 14, 2019
Exactly, which is why you should not travel after landing interview waiting for your pr card.
I arrived back to Vancouver with my wife after our Australia trip. No questions or concerned at the airport.

Still waiting for Landing Interview letter as it has been over a month since decision was made on my application.

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
Honestly getting tired of waiting for landing interview. Keep on calling and emailing cic getting response to wait until this date and that date. It’s been more than 3months since we got DM. No further documents needed. I’ve seen friends getting landing appointment and they all applied way later than me. Going on 17 months since this whole application started just driving me nuts really and getting so frustrated.

Reactions: david_gat88

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Honestly getting tired of waiting for landing interview. Keep on calling and emailing cic getting response to wait until this date and that date. It’s been more than 3months since we got DM. No further documents needed. I’ve seen friends getting landing appointment and they all applied way later than me. Going on 17 months since this whole application started just driving me nuts really and getting so frustrated.
I am with you, I am about to start counting the 21 month mark and no news at all!

Reactions: Attak