+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Waitingfordm

Nov 12, 2018
I have DM on sponsor side. I got both SA and AIP on oct 23. How much time does it take to update regarding medical results?pr application still shows in process.

sandy94

Apr 19, 2018
Hi there~it was two weeks after DM before we received interview request (see below).
We have to bring 2 photos (PA), both passports (PA and Sponsor) as well as proof of payment of right of permanent residency fee (we paid this at the beginning). You will get all the instructions in the email as well. :)
Do you think the landing letters are sent out in order of dates? or just luck of the draw? because my timeline is similar but we still haven't received out landing letter! I hope it comes soon

Aleksandra.k

Nov 13, 2018
Jan 26/18 inland app
AOR - Feb 22
Medical - July 10
DM on ECAS both sides - Nov 8
AIP email - Nov 8
DM email - Nov 13

Just wondering how long it took for people to receive landing appointment for Hamilton

angel0214

Star Member
Nov 8, 2015
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08 Dec 2017
AOR Received.
24 Jan 2018
Landed this afternoon at the Vancouver Office. Process was quite fast -- we arrived 15 mins before our schedule and we were done in less than 30 mins. There were two officers conducting the interviews and there was only two people ahead of me before I was called up.

He asked for my husband's ID, my passport and my photo as well as my previous visas, study permit and OWP which he voided.

The questions he asked were similar to the questions asked to other people who landed here in the forum
1. if I have committed a crime in and out of Canada
2. if I have other dependents
3. if I was refused entry or asked to leave Canada
4. he verified if I was married
5. date of first entry to Canada -- this was my entry as a student in 2016 (not as a tourist in 2014)
6. asked if I had plans to travel in the next two months -- he said that the PR card takes that long so in the meantime, refrain from traveling.

My timeline is as follows:
App Received: Dec 11
OWP in Mail: May 3
Med Req: June 8
Med Passed: June 30
SA: Oct 23
DM PA on ECAS: Oct 23
AIP PA mailed to our address: Oct 24, received Oct 31
DM PA Email: Oct 26
Landing Email: Nov 2
Landing Interview in Vancouver: Nov 13

Good luck to everyone still waiting! It'll all be worth it in the end.
Thank you to this forum for all the tips and updates! <3

evafromca

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Landed this afternoon at the Vancouver Office. Process was quite fast -- we arrived 15 mins before our schedule and we were done in less than 30 mins. There were two officers conducting the interviews and there was only two people ahead of me before I was called up.

He asked for my husband's ID, my passport and my photo as well as my previous visas, study permit and OWP which he voided.

The questions he asked were similar to the questions asked to other people who landed here in the forum
5. date of first entry to Canada -- this was my entry as a student in 2016 (not as a tourist in 2014)
6. asked if I had plans to travel in the next two months -- he said that the PR card takes that long so in the meantime, refrain from traveling.

Congratulations!!!

Reactions: angel0214

Sponsormyhusband

Nov 15, 2017
Ottawa

Congrats!!!

Reactions: angel0214

didigege

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
I sent the web form yesterday and I received this today

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We can certainly help you with this concern.

We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry"

Very helpful right? lol I don't know what to do anymore. Some January applicants have already received their landing letters
This is insane! How long you been waiting? I requested through the webform as well. I’m hoping to get something more useful than that, It’s has been 20 months for me already

Reactions: AmrJul

vitoka

Aug 7, 2018
Vancouver
Hi Guys, I had my landing on Nov 10,2018. My passport was seized by CBSA so I did not have it with me and in one of the emails from immigration they asked me to not contact them if I don't have it as they will transfer it to the landing location so no action from my side is required. When I went to my appointment the officer asked for my passport I told him I don't have it and he was like shocked and he said we don't have your passport either we will need to order it from CBSA then we will have another appointment. Is that normal? Any idea how long for them to get the passport and schedule the appointment? I live in Vancouver.

Sponsormyhusband

Nov 15, 2017
Ottawa
Does anyone has clear answer to my question:
"What IRCC considers as a 1 Year mark? Is it from the date that they received an application, or is it from the date that AOR was sent (which is in average about 2 months after an application was received)?"
Thank You.

AmrJul

Oct 18, 2018
This is insane! How long you been waiting? I requested through the webform as well. I’m hoping to get something more useful than that, It’s has been 20 months for me already
I just passed the 12 months mark last week. Waiting for 20 months!? that's ridiculous

AmrJul

Oct 18, 2018
Does anyone has clear answer to my question:
"What IRCC considers as a 1 Year mark? Is it from the date that they received an application, or is it from the date that AOR was sent (which is in average about 2 months after an application was received)?"
Thank You.
Good question. Did you call them yet? They said they won't reply to the web form if it was within normal processing times. They replied to mine yesterday so I am sure that the 12 months start from the day they receive the application package in the mail

Last edited:
Reactions: Danish1371