+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Sponsormyhusband

Nov 15, 2017
Ottawa
Good question. Did you call them yet? They said they won't reply to the web form if it was within normal processing times. They replied to mine yesterday so I am sure that the 12 months start from the day they receive the application package in the mail
I am trying to speak to an agent, still waiting. They replied to mine as well LOL, if you can call it a reply, that is why I said it was a generic reply, here it is:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,"

evafromca

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
We received the completion letter on Nov. 2. Receive the email today for the interview on Nov 23rd. IRCC Etobicoke
That's awesome for you! I received my completion letter on October 1st and still waiting to be contacted from Vancouver...LOL.. Lucky you! Best of luck with your interview and congrats again!

Reactions: beni1126

AmrJul

Oct 18, 2018
I am trying to speak to an agent, still waiting. They replied to mine as well LOL, if you can call it a reply, that is why I said it was a generic reply, here it is:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,"
Lol the same reply I got. Apparently it's everyone's reply. Let me know any updates if you managed to call them and talk to an agent. Good luck

Reactions: Sponsormyhusband

AmrJul

Oct 18, 2018
I know, I don’t know what’s normal anymore.
If you call you might get an actual update on the status. In case your application was approved then it is just a matter of time to receive that letter. Good luck I know how you're feeling.

beni1126

Jun 26, 2018
That's awesome for you! I received my completion letter on October 1st and still waiting to be contacted from Vancouver...LOL.. Lucky you! Best of luck with your interview and congrats again!

Oh wow. Hope everything goes well to you too. Thank you so much

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Hi Guys, I had my landing on Nov 10,2018. My passport was seized by CBSA so I did not have it with me and in one of the emails from immigration they asked me to not contact them if I don't have it as they will transfer it to the landing location so no action from my side is required. When I went to my appointment the officer asked for my passport I told him I don't have it and he was like shocked and he said we don't have your passport either we will need to order it from CBSA then we will have another appointment. Is that normal? Any idea how long for them to get the passport and schedule the appointment? I live in Vancouver.
That's a very good question! CBSA has also seized my passport, would also like to know what we could do in cases like this to avoid that hassle.

Reactions: Danish1371

didigege

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
If you call you might get an actual update on the status. In case your application was approved then it is just a matter of time to receive that letter. Good luck I know how you're feeling.
We have a meeting with our MP next week. We’ll see what we can get and thanks, good luck to you as well!

Reactions: AmrJul

SsJohn

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-11-2017
AOR Received.
05-01-2018
Med's Request
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
06-06-2018
I received the automated message yesterday that mentioned to expect a reply within 10 days but this message here is the actual respond that I received today. It might not take 10 days for them to answer you. That message is what you will probably get too. That's why I am disappointed. Anyway good luck to you too and I will keep you posted about any updates.
I don't think you should worry that much. I had the same reply to my webform request and that means your requests/questions are forwarded to the office who are dealing with your case. They will give you an answer in normally a few weeks time. I actually called the IRCC and spoke to an agent after I got the webform reply but what the agent could do is the same, sending another notification to the office. If you already got this webform reply, the agent wouldn't send another message to the office or do anything unless it took longer than the normal time and you didn't hear any news. The time varies from office to office.

Reactions: AmrJul

angeleyes101

Oct 29, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb 24, 2017
AOR Received.
March 7, 2017
Med's Request
June 8, 2017
Med's Done....
June 12, 2017
Hi everyone, went home from work last night to receive some great news from my husband. At 6:25 p.m. he received an email with AIP and at 6:50 p.m. he received another e-mail confirming permanent resident.

" We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Etobicoke IRCC will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application."

Everyone, patience is key as his application was received on Feb 24, 2017. Finally, we are wrapping this up. Anxiously awaiting his Etobicoke appointment.....